Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by mxsrider96 »

JettWisdom wrote:Where are the cpu radiator fans?
SKlein wrote:It's an AIO liquid cooling setup that runs to the radiator on the right side (front panel)
@Sean: Pretty sure he knew that and was just confused as to why he could see no fans.
@Jett: The fans are in a push configuration, so rather than pulling the air through the radiator to them, they are pushing the air from themselves to the radiator, so they're in between the case and the rad
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

mxsrider96 wrote:
JettWisdom wrote:Where are the cpu radiator fans?
SKlein wrote:It's an AIO liquid cooling setup that runs to the radiator on the right side (front panel)
@Sean: Pretty sure he knew that and was just confused as to why he could see no fans.
@Jett: The fans are in a push configuration, so rather than pulling the air through the radiator to them, they are pushing the air from themselves to the radiator, so they're in between the case and the rad
Yep the fans are in the front panel before the radiator. I read it did not matter what way really they got the same results.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Yamaha285 wrote:Yep the fans are in the front panel before the radiator. I read it did not matter what way really they got the same results.
Biggest difference that I know of is maintenance. In your case, since it is an AIO, cleaning dust is really the only maintenance necessary, barring complications. I think, in your case, dust will collect more on the fans than the rad, but I'm not 100% on that
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Hey guys, selling some old parts I have. PM me if you're interested. CPU/Mobo will come as a combo, no exceptions.

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4GHz 8-Core Processor ($60)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($50)
Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Blue 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($80)
GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 2GB ($60)
GPU: Gigabyte WINDFORCE GTX 970 4GB ($150)
CPU/Mobo: $100
CPU/Mobo/Ram: $175
CPU/Mobo/Ram/770: $225
CPU/Mobo/Ram/970: $315

DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Just upgrade to a 1080 TI, woo! Can’t wait to play some games in 4K and turn Sim up to 1024.

Also selling my old card which is a MSI GTX 970 Gaking 4G. $115 shipped.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Looking to upgrade soon here. Can anyone explain to me what I should be looking for? I'm sure there's some good deals coming this week. I'm pretty lost when it comes to CPU stuff, don't know what I should go after for gaming. As far as I can tell my 4GHz is still pretty good like 6 years later... Do I really need to splurge for more cores? Most games I play still aren't using my current 4... I'm entertaining getting a new case so if anyone know's of any good deals drop a link please. Also need a monitor, not looking for 4k, need 144hz. So obviously I'd like it to be better than my current rig, it's starting to show it's age. So I'll pretty much be looking at everything. Thanks for any help!

Current rig
B75MA-G43 LGA1155
Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz, OC to 4GHz though.
Radeon RX470 4GB
20GB of miscellaneous RAM.
250GB SSD
2TB HDD
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Phathry25 wrote:Looking to upgrade soon here. Can anyone explain to me what I should be looking for? I'm sure there's some good deals coming this week. I'm pretty lost when it comes to CPU stuff, don't know what I should go after for gaming. As far as I can tell my 4GHz is still pretty good like 6 years later... Do I really need to splurge for more cores? Most games I play still aren't using my current 4... I'm entertaining getting a new case so if anyone know's of any good deals drop a link please. Also need a monitor, not looking for 4k, need 144hz. So obviously I'd like it to be better than my current rig, it's starting to show it's age. So I'll pretty much be looking at everything. Thanks for any help!

Current rig
B75MA-G43 LGA1155
Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz, OC to 4GHz though.
Radeon RX470 4GB
20GB of miscellaneous RAM.
250GB SSD
2TB HDD
The problem is, if you upgrade your cpu, you're gonna have to upgrade your motherboard, and you're gonna have to get new ram. Just a bad time all around.
https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Monitor-Ref ... hz+monitor
This is a great bang for your buck for a monitor. 144 hz, 1 ms response time, decent color, it's what I have used for years, until I just recently upgraded to a 240hz g sync monitor.
As far as the rest of the build, it'd be way easier to set you up with a build if you could give a ballpark number on how much you wanna spend.
Pound Many Shots!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Got 2 AOC 144hz, one 27" which I got last week and one 24" I got more than 2 years ago. Pretty good displays I think. Alao with a pivot stand or whatever it's called. They should be around 200$, also the 144hz one got freesync, just that I don't have an AMD card...
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Probably around $1500. I realize it’s time for a mobo and ram upgrade. I think my mother board is older than my cpu yet. When I build I like to look to the future so I can run it for a good long time, but also not buy the latest and greatest stuff. Give myself time for a few upgrades in the coming years. I should add that I’m all about intel and nVidia. Gave AMD a shot years ago and instantly regretted it.

Honestly I just don’t understand all the marketing bullshit. Why is a 1080TI so much more than a 1080 and it’s even more than the newer 2080? This makes no sense to me. Same thing with CPU’s. My 2nd gen i5’s stock clock is 3.3GHz while a 7th gen is 3.4GHz. How is the cost being justified? Would I even gain anything by upgrading?

Thanks for the help guys!!!
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Phathry25 wrote:Probably around $1500. I realize it’s time for a mobo and ram upgrade. I think my mother board is older than my cpu yet. When I build I like to look to the future so I can run it for a good long time, but also not buy the latest and greatest stuff. Give myself time for a few upgrades in the coming years. I should add that I’m all about intel and nVidia. Gave AMD a shot years ago and instantly regretted it.

Honestly I just don’t understand all the marketing bullshit. Why is a 1080TI so much more than a 1080 and it’s even more than the newer 2080? This makes no sense to me. Same thing with CPU’s. My 2nd gen i5’s stock clock is 3.3GHz while a 7th gen is 3.4GHz. How is the cost being justified? Would I even gain anything by upgrading?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rrsxP3
Here's a pretty decent build for your budget. I through in a power supply, not sure if you need a new one or not. If you want to shave some money off the build I would go 16gb or ram instead of 32gb.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Phathry25 wrote:My 2nd gen i5’s stock clock is 3.3GHz while a 7th gen is 3.4GHz. How is the cost being justified? Would I even gain anything by upgrading?

GHz is frequency, think RPM. That 01 CR125 wrings out harder than the new 450s!

They have been making steady gains on the CPU front since yours came out, but you might see equal gains just based off of having fresh and new hardware.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

^ Thats pretty much the best way to describe the "marketing" numbers.

As far as a PC goes for games the i7 has kind of been reformed from the workstation to a better i5 and the other i7 X series is the new workstation stuff. The GTX series is weird because of price fluctuations with bitcoin mining and rising cost from tariffs/inflation finally catching up then with the RTX 2080 they put all of that and then new technology to justify a few extra dollars on top. Granted the RTX line is probably worth it but its tough to sell a technology when only one game uses it.

For your monitor, what do you have now? Would you keep it as a second monitor? If its just a 1440p/144hz I have loved my ASUS MG27. However, if you plan on getting it for more of the racing games and not just general use over all the games I'd recommend getting a Rift. VR racing games with a wheel and pedal is one of the coolest things I've done in VR.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I recently got an i7 8700k in a bundle and I kind of regret it, I think. My old PC was really struggling to handle lots of photography stuff under load. The i5 8600k is about $100 cheaper here in Aus and I imagine it would do it well enough to be a better choice.

Majority of people say the 8600k handles the single core games better too like MXS, so I think that should help out some, Mark.

Crazy how sick these things are when you get it to 5.0(+)! Should get into VR, Mark too. A new PC would handle it and get you back into iRacing :D
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

*People in the iRacing forums
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Does anyone have any review of this screen? https://www.viewsonic.com/fr/products/l ... -C-mhd.php