Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by DBRider251 »

I'd put a little more into the graphics card, but everything else looks solid
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

I'd get a 1060 6gb instead of the 1050 ti
Phil Doyon #423
SirWrecksAlot

Post by SirWrecksAlot »

Rxr banjo. I agree. But I'm on a budget right now. My old PC had the Radeon 7450 so it's a big upgrade for me right now. I'll upgrade to a 1060 6gb or maybe even a 1070 after building it and saving up afterwards. It's kind of temporary
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

What are you watercooling? A 1600 will run just fine with a $30-40 air cooler and the GPU will run fine with its air cooler. I wouldn't do a custom loop on low budget parts as the benefits of an OC are less than what the next step up would be putting in the same money. I agree the 1050 TI will perform but don't put $100-150 into exotic coolers when the 1060 would be way more worth it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

I honestly don't think they even make blocks for anything below 1070. Only thing he could do is hybrid cool it, but then he would have zero cooling for VRM's and power delivery. Wouldn't be a smart choice.
SirWrecksAlot

Post by SirWrecksAlot »

Pumaxcs wrote:What are you watercooling? A 1600 will run just fine with a $30-40 air cooler and the GPU will run fine with its air cooler. I wouldn't do a custom loop on low budget parts as the benefits of an OC are less than what the next step up would be putting in the same money. I agree the 1050 TI will perform but don't put $100-150 into exotic coolers when the 1060 would be way more worth it.
That nice to know. Thank you! And do you think the same air cooler would do fine if I overclocked the cpu all the way? And if I understand correctly the water cooler is mostly for the more high-end gpu's and cpu's like the better i7's or i9's and the 1080's and titans?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Yes. The lower temperatures of water allow something at 4.8GHz to run at 50C instead of 70C like on air. The part itself won't get a better OC but will help it stay there consistently without throttling back or maybe allow it more headroom to get 4.8/4.9. However, the 0.1 difference in clock speed wouldn't matter when comparing an i5/i7. Always get the better performance part and get what you can from it, as an OC will never match the next step up. No matter the part. A watercooled i5 with OC compared to an i7 and stock cooler the i7 will win 98% of the time (single core maybe not but, thats too specific and for a different time)

What case are you getting so maybe we can suggest some air coolers?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Pumaxcs wrote:The part itself won't get a better OC but will help it stay there consistently without throttling back or maybe allow it more headroom to get 4.8/4.9. However, the 0.1 difference in clock speed wouldn't matter when comparing an i5/i7. Always get the better performance part and get what you can from it, as an OC will never match the next step up. No matter the part. A watercooled i5 with OC compared to an i7 and stock cooler the i7 will win 98% of the time (single core maybe not but, thats too specific and for a different time)

You can 100% get a better and more stable OC from a better cooling solution. When it comes to the GPU side specifically Pascal cards, water cooling is a huge advantage performance wise with how the boost stepping works. You lose steps of boost on nvidia cards from 32c on up.

I agree 100% with the fact that you should always buy higher end components vs planning on running aftermarket cooling components to better performance. Water cooling isn't cheap, the difference in cost to get better components will be less than water cooling will be. The performance gains from the superior component cannot be overcome by using a better cooling solution.
SirWrecksAlot

Post by SirWrecksAlot »

Pumaxcs wrote:Yes. The lower temperatures of water allow something at 4.8GHz to run at 50C instead of 70C like on air. The part itself won't get a better OC but will help it stay there consistently without throttling back or maybe allow it more headroom to get 4.8/4.9. However, the 0.1 difference in clock speed wouldn't matter when comparing an i5/i7. Always get the better performance part and get what you can from it, as an OC will never match the next step up. No matter the part. A watercooled i5 with OC compared to an i7 and stock cooler the i7 will win 98% of the time (single core maybe not but, thats too specific and for a different time)

Nothing fancy, link: https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16811 ... lsrc=aw.ds
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

This just came in yesterday for me. Just got 40+ fps in Battlefield 1 at 8k.

Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

Clfitty wrote:This just came in yesterday for me. Just got 40+ fps in Battlefield 1 at 8k.

You're more full of shit than a porta potty.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
Sabo

Post by Sabo »

Screenshot of steam fps counter pls
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
Clfitty

Post by Clfitty »

Sabo wrote:Screenshot of steam fps counter pls
Sure thing. I will hop on tonight and get that. Don't forget that's using upscaling not native 8k. Also that's in the campaign.. haven't bothered testing multiplayer yet.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Clfitty

Post by Clfitty »

Every setting maxed except for AA (not needed at my resolution). In the forest map I would hover around 30-35. Haven't even overclocked the card yet.

Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Sabo

Post by Sabo »

Clfitty wrote:

Every setting maxed except for AA (not needed at my resolution). In the forest map I would hover around 30-35. Haven't even overclocked the card yet.

I stand with my shoe in my mouth.