Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by Brock1198 »

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xzC9nH theres my current setup hoping to move to the rtx 2080ti soon. tired of playing on beat to shit laptops so fuck it pics of pc coming soon
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

John23 wrote:I'm looking to upgrade my PC soon.

I was deciding if I should go 1060 or 1070. According to UserBenchmark, the 1060 falls a little behind the 980, but the 1070 is much better than the 980. Any thoughts?

So, do you think it would be smart to spend the $680 on an upgrade build, or should I save for the $1300 build?

Thank you
The 980 is still a solid card, without a doubt being bottlenecked by that FX. I'd go for the upgrade and see how that goes. Also as someone with the Kraken cooler and RGB memory it looks sick together but if you are struggling to put an upgrade kit together you can easily knock ~$50 but just getting a standard cooler/RAM kit.
Brock1198 wrote:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xzC9nH theres my current setup hoping to move to the rtx 2080ti soon. tired of playing on beat to shit laptops so fuck it pics of pc coming soon
I doubt the 2080 will be a big jump, nowhere near the level it's being hyped. They touted all these upgrades on technology no one is using yet and even then with RTX ON you are getting ~50-60 FPS compared to double that with it off. Its cool stuff and pretty huge it can happen but not to the point for consumers yet. I haven't seen anyone with the EVGA cooler yet so you'll have to tell us how that does. I've seen mixed reviews because of the fans but the unit itself seems solid. Also, tell me how you like the HS70's and what their battery is like. I recently replaced my Corsair headset and I'm not completely satisfied with the ones I got.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Pumaxcs wrote:I doubt the 2080 will be a big jump, nowhere near the level it's being hyped. They touted all these upgrades on technology no one is using yet and even then with RTX ON you are getting ~50-60 FPS compared to double that with it off. Its cool stuff and pretty huge it can happen but not to the point for consumers yet. I haven't seen anyone with the EVGA cooler yet so you'll have to tell us how that does. I've seen mixed reviews because of the fans but the unit itself seems solid. Also, tell me how you like the HS70's and what their battery is like. I recently replaced my Corsair headset and I'm not completely satisfied with the ones I got.
It is all hearsay until actual validated information is available. If you look at the raw technical data of what made Pascal a large jump over previous gen you will see that there are improvements in the same area's for Turing. I'm not implying that you will see the same gains as Pascal but I do think there will be a healthy increase. Not the doom and gloom that many news outlets are having currently. I am reserving judgement as there are so many unknowns.
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/USABMXER1 ... iew=nggnHx
This is what mine is. For the price I paid for it $275 (used) it is a pretty decent computer. But hoping to upgrade my graphics card to a 1050ti soon.
John23

Post by John23 »

Thank you, Puma! I appreciate your help!
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

2080ti's are 1500$ pre-order in Sweden... What'd the... msrp?
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Post by Brock1198 »

Pumaxcs wrote:I doubt the 2080 will be a big jump, nowhere near the level it's being hyped. They touted all these upgrades on technology no one is using yet and even then with RTX ON you are getting ~50-60 FPS compared to double that with it off. Its cool stuff and pretty huge it can happen but not to the point for consumers yet. I haven't seen anyone with the EVGA cooler yet so you'll have to tell us how that does. I've seen mixed reviews because of the fans but the unit itself seems solid. Also, tell me how you like the HS70's and what their battery is like. I recently replaced my Corsair headset and I'm not completely satisfied with the ones I got.
The 2080ti is more like a i can so why not. The evga cooler is amazing. @ 4ghz oc on the 2700 it idles around 24c and maxes out around 43c.
The hs70 last me about 2 days before a recharge and you can use them whole charging and it takes about hour. The bass on them are amazing.
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

There has been quite the commotion about this Verge tutorial video. By far one of the funniest break downs of it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Got mine setup mostly. Frozen CPU sent me the wrong wire harness for my switches I am going to use for all of the lighting. Other than that it's all setup. Still going through setting the OS all up and get my programs back. Still need to tidy up some cables and put the 5.25" cover on after getting the switches installed.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Corsair White Tempered Glass 460X Case
Asus Prome Z-370 A Motherboard
Intel i7 8700k Coffee Lake 6 core 12 Thread Processor
Asus Geforce GTX1070 8G Graphics Card
16G Ram Gskill
Corsair H100i Pro Water Cooled
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

Yamaha285 wrote:Image

Asus Prime Z-370 A Motherboard
16G Ram Gskill
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

GPU goes really well with the mobo :) Got the same mobo 8)
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

Wahlamt wrote:GPU goes really well with the mobo :) Got the same mobo 8)
I love it!! I was shooting for a white build. I actually bought the coolermaster pro fan instead of the corsair h100i pro first but since this was a glass case i wanted to make the inside a bit more appealing instead of this massive cpu cooler covering the beauty inside As for performance i have no complaints right now
JettWisdom

Post by JettWisdom »

Yamaha285 wrote:

Asus Prime Z-370 A Motherboard
16G Ram Gskill
Where are the cpu radiator fans?
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

JettWisdom wrote:
Where are the cpu radiator fans?
It's an AIO liquid cooling setup that runs to the radiator on the right side (front panel)