Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by Pumaxcs »

So it doesn't have a pattern at all? I agree at this point it seems like a software issue but not sure how they could link to USB. How long of a life span do you get before it shuts down? In Event Viewer does it still only have the kernel power error?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Ddavis wrote:So I upgraded my PSU, yet my computer has still been shutting off randomly.

It usually happens when I've been using my PC for a few hours then open up CS:GO. I don't even need to get into a game, it'll just shut off randomly. I looked up solutions and a post said to uninstall my drivers on my USB ports? Not sure how that could be related?
Reinstall windows..
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I have windows updates turned off, any chance this has something to do with it?

My event logs say this:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{91c9e5f7-909b-11e5-8257-806e6f6e6963}#000000E7A8400000.

Source: Kernel-PnP (So my PSU?)
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Quite possibly... I know that you can't even install current display drivers until you do the windows fall update..

Realistically though you did do the upgrade to windows 10. I would do a fresh reinstall so you can install the correct windows 10 drivers to make sure you don't have any previous drivers for windows 7/8 that could be causing the issues.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Yeah I agree with Peter, to many variables at this point. Fresh Windows will give it a base to work from at the very least.
Wahlamt wrote:Image
Nice
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Well apparently I don't even have windows installed, remember? "Activate windows" on my GIFs :lol: I've said it before but when I had my PC fixed about two years ago now he installed Windows 8.1 Pro to my PC (I just had normal 8.1 before) and I haven't activated it. I'm not really sure where to buy the activation key, so I haven't followed through with it. If I reinstall windows, won't it wipe out my entire PC? (lose all my programs, files, etc)
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Ddavis wrote:Well apparently I don't even have windows installed, remember? "Activate windows" on my GIFs :lol: I've said it before but when I had my PC fixed about two years ago now he installed Windows 8.1 Pro to my PC (I just had normal 8.1 before) and I haven't activated it. I'm not really sure where to buy the activation key, so I haven't followed through with it. If I reinstall windows, won't it wipe out my entire PC? (lose all my programs, files, etc)
Either back up data before or I believe there is an option now to reinstall while keeping your data. I'd back everything important regardless.

r/microsoftsoftwareswap for the key.

I had the same issue as before. I honestly don't remember what the issue ended up being. I think I just reinstalled windows and it went away because I'm still using the same PSU as before.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

My current PC setup.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive *500gb SSD soon*
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
Case: NZXT - H440 (Matte Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case *Getting a Corsair 570x soon*
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Monitors: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor and LG - 34UC88 34.0" 3440x1440 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Corsair - Sabre RGB Wired Optical Mouse
Total: $3406.89
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Helping a friend build in a 570X and hearing his daily complaints about it, and seeing reviews of it I'd recommend not doing that. There are lots of other cases that do TG better.
MXS Cares
Clfitty

Post by Clfitty »

Pumaxcs wrote:Helping a friend build in a 570X and hearing his daily complaints about it, and seeing reviews of it I'd recommend not doing that. There are lots of other cases that do TG better.
Does it have to do with the cable management? That I can manage, but any other complaints?

Any suggestions for premium cases with tempered glass? I'm not really into the S340 Elite or the Enthoo Evolv.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Build quality on the 570 isn't to the level of the others in that price point in my opinion. Case also isn't extremely well thought out..

To me in comparison to the cases in the same price point of the Enthoo Evolv it is a very good case.. If airflow is your concern, there are places now offering modified panels to gain airflow but it does get $$. https://modmymods.com/custom-services/p ... -mods.html

The new Fractal Define R6 looks very very good, I would actually consider buying one. The only sore point with it to me is the lack of back panel for mounting a res if you do not use hdd cages and I could go without the 5.25 bay and door.

The NZXT H700 or 400 also are really good and I would highly recommend them. I personally prefer a bit more sleek/aluminum look but overall they did an awesome job with those cases after seeing them in person I would go for it if you like the looks of it..
Clfitty

Post by Clfitty »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:Build quality on the 570 isn't to the level of the others in that price point in my opinion. Case also isn't extremely well thought out..

To me in comparison to the cases in the same price point of the Enthoo Evolv it is a very good case.. If airflow is your concern, there are places now offering modified panels to gain airflow but it does get $$. https://modmymods.com/custom-services/p ... -mods.html

The new Fractal Define R6 looks very very good, I would actually consider buying one. The only sore point with it to me is the lack of back panel for mounting a res if you do not use hdd cages and I could go without the 5.25 bay and door.

The NZXT H700 or 400 also are really good and I would highly recommend them. I personally prefer a bit more sleek/aluminum look but overall they did an awesome job with those cases after seeing them in person I would go for it if you like the looks of it..
Interesting. I like the case mods for the Evolv, that's something I would consider getting. I guess I will have to do more research before settling on a case.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I think the front intake on the Evolv isn't so bad, the top is pretty restrictive. The S340 was the case I was going to get but the top single fan made it a no go for me. I just bought one for my little brother that I'll give to him tomorrow so I'll finally get to see how it is.

I agree with Peter, the case bones aren't great for as expensive as it is. The Fractal R6 looks like a really good case but I think I'd get the Meshify/Define C because I don't need the extra length for the drive cages. Another case I was considering was the InWin 303 because of how unusual it was if you liked the 570X for uniqueness. If I had plans for a custom loop and modding still I would use this case hands down. If you just like the look of the 570X I think the 460X was a better implementation of the design. Not perfect but certainty a better value
MXS Cares
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Call me crazy, and I probably just like cubes a lot, but the Corsair Air 740 looks like a solid case to me.

I also enjoy the R6, Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5, and the H700i. My next case will probably be either the Air 740 or the H700i. That H7 looks BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely stunning.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault