Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
LuizH

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by LuizH »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Monitor: Dual Hannspree 22" LCD's
Case: Thermaltake Swing
Power Supply: Corsair TX Series 750W Power Supply
Processor: Intel Core i7 920 Overclocked to 3.6ghz
Motherboard: Intel Extreme Series DX58SO
Memory: 6 gb (3x 2gb) OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600mhz PC3-12800
Graphics: 2x SLI'd eVGA GTX 260 core 216 (896mb)
Hard Drives: 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 32mb cache, 1x Seagate Barracuda 500gb 32mb cache
Optical Drives: Samsung Writemaster DVD/CD combo burner/player

Yeh, its fast. :D
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
Sonnette
Team: Mspirit

Post by Sonnette »

Good day Gents,

Basicly this is my rig

PSU don´t know the company 1200W
CPU Intel core2Quad QX6700 Extreme
Main board was a Striker Extreme blew it of now XFI 780SLI
RAM GEIL 4GB need to re look up the Freqs. guess 1066 not sure
3xNvidia Geforce 8800GTX the 3rd is new last month :)
HD WD Raptors 10.000RPM at least two of them in something called RAID Something each 300Gb
Track IR
22" Wide Screen
And sorry for the inconvenience there I´m a dork what computer belongs a friend of mine just told me what is good I paid the bill and he built it :D so I got not exactly a clue what is in there but yes it is fast :D

Kind Regards

Sonnette
THE MISSING POWER OF AN ENGINE IS BALANCED BY THE SICKNESS OF THE RIDER
IF YOU DON´T NEED TO BRAKE BEFORE A CORNER YOU HAD BEEN GAY ON THE STRAIGHT BEFORE
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That's a lot of power...

RAID: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
stotts713

Post by stotts713 »

i have a laptop with a screen and a brain with the lack of knowlege to list the rest :P
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Got my new parts all together, here is the list of new parts:

-Cooler Master 690 case
-Biostar TA690GXE 128M motherboard
-Cooler Master 4-Pack of 120mmx120mm fans
-Silenx 80mmx80mmx15mm case fan
-Sunbeam Core Contact AM2 CPU heatsink
-Sycthe Musashi GPU heatsink
-Windows 7 Home Premium Retail
-Zalman ZM-MFC1 Plus 6-channel fan controller
-2x 18" Rosewill 90* and 180* Sata cables
-Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850w PSU
-Tuniq TX2 on CPU heatsink, GPU heatsink, and top mounted ramsinks

Here are some photos from the build:
New and old case next to each other, tearing the old system apart:
CPU pulled out, CPU heatsink mounted on new motherboard:
GPU heatsink installed, GPU installed on motherboard (I know the ramsinks on the back of the card is a little overboard, but I had extras so I said why not ;)):
Reflection of the Musashi on the shiny 850w:
Photo of the 5.25 bay, I mounted the fan using the bracket that was originally by the PSU, just used some double sided tape on those tabs and it fits perfect (bracket is turned on it's side):
Wire management on the back panel, kinda messy:
Photo of the PSU from behind:
Rest of the back, had to ghetto route the back fan wire to reach the right side panel where I have the power connector, the expansion slot cover is sideways there, just have to move it a little:
4-pin CPU power cable routing:
Routing of other cables (3.5 bay has the extra cables stuffed into it):
The 80mmx80mmx15mm fan between the motherboard tray and the right side panel:
Up and running:
Just noticed I didn't take a shot of the whole inside of the case when it was finished, I'll take one the next time I have it open.

I know the 850w is overkill for what I have installed now, but I didn't feel comfortable with the added parts on my old PSU. This way I won't have to buy another PSU for my next upgrade.

Temps are very good, CPU on idle is about 19*C (that's with CPU clock knocked down to 1092mhz from not being used) compared to about 32*C from the old setup. Ran Prime95 for 44mins, temp never went above 30*C (that's at normal operating frequency then). GPU idle is at 37*C compared to about 50*C on stock cooling. Ran FurMark for about 15 minutes and the highest temp was 50*C.

Overall I'm very pleased with the way this turned out, I'll wait a week or two before I begin oc'ing the processor (want to get the GPU to at least the superclocked version's settings).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Too powerful psu is waay better than a weak one, so I wouldn't worry about that. 8)
Any particular reason for waiting a week before overclocking? Oh and, you never said what kind of a build you've got inside the case, even if it's your old one.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

19°C? That seems unlikely. Unless it is like 0°C in your room
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

For the OC'ing I'll just wait for the CPU, want to make sure I get settled into 7 and have everything installed (I'm going to see what I can get from the GPU right now actually).

AMD Phenom x3 8400 2.1Ghz
3GB ddr2 240-pin RAM (2x 512MB sticks, 2x 1GB sticks)
2x 300GB 7200RPM HD's (don't specifically know the brand, all of this came in the HP Pavilion we had before).

19*C does seem very low, before I believed it, but I'm not sure now, I'll try with a different program and see what I get. I figured out a different way to route that fan cable so it won't be outside the case too.
Goardy
Team: Satan

Post by Goardy »

why do you have a large bronze horse's bust in your room? :lol:
Get a pack of dogs up ya!
ゲイセックス、笑
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

It's actually the basement ;). It's my dad's lamp I think, not sure where he got it from, he watches over the PC and fends off any intruders :D.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Here's mine. Nothing special
EDIT: Gah, exceeded bandwidth on the other one. New account:

Those 2 empty slots are calling for another 4 gig of ram. Probably not worth it though, as the only software that would use it is 64 bit software, and I dont think I use anything 64-bit compatible
Goardy
Team: Satan

Post by Goardy »

casio fx-100 reppin! :lol:
Get a pack of dogs up ya!
ゲイセックス、笑
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

holy crap. Dust off your case for once in a while. Those fans are brown, brown I tell you!
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, this was actually the first time I have opened it up since I built it :shock: Definitely needs a good ol clean out.

I also noticed that I may have put the RAM in wrong. Paired sticks should use the same coloured slot aye?
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

DJ wrote:Yeah, this was actually the first time I have opened it up since I built it :shock: Definitely needs a good ol clean out.

I also noticed that I may have put the RAM in wrong. Paired sticks should use the same coloured slot aye?
Yup, usually they're paired like 1-3 and 2-4.
I gotta post a pic of my comp when I get home; the first start up after building and it started pushing smoke out like hell :lol:
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.