Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mxsrider96
Posts: 3578
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 am
Team: PoGo
Location: Indiana

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby mxsrider96 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:48 am

JettWisdom wrote:Where are the cpu radiator fans?

SKlein wrote:It's an AIO liquid cooling setup that runs to the radiator on the right side (front panel)

@Sean: Pretty sure he knew that and was just confused as to why he could see no fans.
@Jett: The fans are in a push configuration, so rather than pulling the air through the radiator to them, they are pushing the air from themselves to the radiator, so they're in between the case and the rad
WAR CRY <3

Sun Burn

User avatar
Yamaha285
Posts: 855
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:23 pm
Team: MotoStar Racing
Location: North West

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Yamaha285 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:15 am

mxsrider96 wrote:
JettWisdom wrote:Where are the cpu radiator fans?

SKlein wrote:It's an AIO liquid cooling setup that runs to the radiator on the right side (front panel)

@Sean: Pretty sure he knew that and was just confused as to why he could see no fans.
@Jett: The fans are in a push configuration, so rather than pulling the air through the radiator to them, they are pushing the air from themselves to the radiator, so they're in between the case and the rad


Yep the fans are in the front panel before the radiator. I read it did not matter what way really they got the same results.
Image

mxsrider96
Posts: 3578
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 am
Team: PoGo
Location: Indiana

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby mxsrider96 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:14 am

Yamaha285 wrote:Yep the fans are in the front panel before the radiator. I read it did not matter what way really they got the same results.

Biggest difference that I know of is maintenance. In your case, since it is an AIO, cleaning dust is really the only maintenance necessary, barring complications. I think, in your case, dust will collect more on the fans than the rad, but I'm not 100% on that
WAR CRY <3

Sun Burn

User avatar
DBRider251
Posts: 1265
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:38 pm
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby DBRider251 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Hey guys, selling some old parts I have. PM me if you're interested. CPU/Mobo will come as a combo, no exceptions.

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4GHz 8-Core Processor ($60)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($50)
Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Blue 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($80)
GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 2GB ($60)
GPU: Gigabyte WINDFORCE GTX 970 4GB ($150)
CPU/Mobo: $100
CPU/Mobo/Ram: $175
CPU/Mobo/Ram/770: $225
CPU/Mobo/Ram/970: $315

DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING
Image

User avatar
aeffertz
Posts: 3048
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 am
Team: Malt Liquor Boiz
Location: Wiscansin

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby aeffertz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Just upgrade to a 1080 TI, woo! Can’t wait to play some games in 4K and turn Sim up to 1024.

Also selling my old card which is a MSI GTX 970 Gaking 4G. $115 shipped.
Need a custom track object? Send me a PM! Will model for beer money.

Image

User avatar
Phathry25
Posts: 7425
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:09 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Location: WI
Contact:

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Phathry25 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 am

Looking to upgrade soon here. Can anyone explain to me what I should be looking for? I'm sure there's some good deals coming this week. I'm pretty lost when it comes to CPU stuff, don't know what I should go after for gaming. As far as I can tell my 4GHz is still pretty good like 6 years later... Do I really need to splurge for more cores? Most games I play still aren't using my current 4... I'm entertaining getting a new case so if anyone know's of any good deals drop a link please. Also need a monitor, not looking for 4k, need 144hz. So obviously I'd like it to be better than my current rig, it's starting to show it's age. So I'll pretty much be looking at everything. Thanks for any help!

Current rig
B75MA-G43 LGA1155
Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz, OC to 4GHz though.
Radeon RX470 4GB
20GB of miscellaneous RAM.
250GB SSD
2TB HDD

User avatar
Jeremy150
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 am
Team: MV Films

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Jeremy150 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:54 am

Phathry25 wrote:Looking to upgrade soon here. Can anyone explain to me what I should be looking for? I'm sure there's some good deals coming this week. I'm pretty lost when it comes to CPU stuff, don't know what I should go after for gaming. As far as I can tell my 4GHz is still pretty good like 6 years later... Do I really need to splurge for more cores? Most games I play still aren't using my current 4... I'm entertaining getting a new case so if anyone know's of any good deals drop a link please. Also need a monitor, not looking for 4k, need 144hz. So obviously I'd like it to be better than my current rig, it's starting to show it's age. So I'll pretty much be looking at everything. Thanks for any help!

Current rig
B75MA-G43 LGA1155
Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz, OC to 4GHz though.
Radeon RX470 4GB
20GB of miscellaneous RAM.
250GB SSD
2TB HDD

The problem is, if you upgrade your cpu, you're gonna have to upgrade your motherboard, and you're gonna have to get new ram. Just a bad time all around.
https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Monitor-Ref ... hz+monitor
This is a great bang for your buck for a monitor. 144 hz, 1 ms response time, decent color, it's what I have used for years, until I just recently upgraded to a 240hz g sync monitor.
As far as the rest of the build, it'd be way easier to set you up with a build if you could give a ballpark number on how much you wanna spend.
Pound Many Shots!
Image

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6873
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Wahlamt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Got 2 AOC 144hz, one 27" which I got last week and one 24" I got more than 2 years ago. Pretty good displays I think. Alao with a pivot stand or whatever it's called. They should be around 200$, also the 144hz one got freesync, just that I don't have an AMD card...

User avatar
Phathry25
Posts: 7425
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:09 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Location: WI
Contact:

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Phathry25 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm

Probably around $1500. I realize it’s time for a mobo and ram upgrade. I think my mother board is older than my cpu yet. When I build I like to look to the future so I can run it for a good long time, but also not buy the latest and greatest stuff. Give myself time for a few upgrades in the coming years. I should add that I’m all about intel and nVidia. Gave AMD a shot years ago and instantly regretted it.

Honestly I just don’t understand all the marketing bullshit. Why is a 1080TI so much more than a 1080 and it’s even more than the newer 2080? This makes no sense to me. Same thing with CPU’s. My 2nd gen i5’s stock clock is 3.3GHz while a 7th gen is 3.4GHz. How is the cost being justified? Would I even gain anything by upgrading?

Thanks for the help guys!!!

User avatar
Jeremy150
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 am
Team: MV Films

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Jeremy150 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Phathry25 wrote:Probably around $1500. I realize it’s time for a mobo and ram upgrade. I think my mother board is older than my cpu yet. When I build I like to look to the future so I can run it for a good long time, but also not buy the latest and greatest stuff. Give myself time for a few upgrades in the coming years. I should add that I’m all about intel and nVidia. Gave AMD a shot years ago and instantly regretted it.

Honestly I just don’t understand all the marketing bullshit. Why is a 1080TI so much more than a 1080 and it’s even more than the newer 2080? This makes no sense to me. Same thing with CPU’s. My 2nd gen i5’s stock clock is 3.3GHz while a 7th gen is 3.4GHz. How is the cost being justified? Would I even gain anything by upgrading?

Thanks for the help guys!!!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rrsxP3
Here's a pretty decent build for your budget. I through in a power supply, not sure if you need a new one or not. If you want to shave some money off the build I would go 16gb or ram instead of 32gb.
Image

User avatar
KTM57
Posts: 13574
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Adept
Location: TX

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby KTM57 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:53 am

Phathry25 wrote:My 2nd gen i5’s stock clock is 3.3GHz while a 7th gen is 3.4GHz. How is the cost being justified? Would I even gain anything by upgrading?

Thanks for the help guys!!!


GHz is frequency, think RPM. That 01 CR125 wrings out harder than the new 450s!

They have been making steady gains on the CPU front since yours came out, but you might see equal gains just based off of having fresh and new hardware.

Pumaxcs
Posts: 12853
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 pm
Team: Kyle/Luiz
Location: Western, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Pumaxcs » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:53 am

^ Thats pretty much the best way to describe the "marketing" numbers.

As far as a PC goes for games the i7 has kind of been reformed from the workstation to a better i5 and the other i7 X series is the new workstation stuff. The GTX series is weird because of price fluctuations with bitcoin mining and rising cost from tariffs/inflation finally catching up then with the RTX 2080 they put all of that and then new technology to justify a few extra dollars on top. Granted the RTX line is probably worth it but its tough to sell a technology when only one game uses it.

For your monitor, what do you have now? Would you keep it as a second monitor? If its just a 1440p/144hz I have loved my ASUS MG27. However, if you plan on getting it for more of the racing games and not just general use over all the games I'd recommend getting a Rift. VR racing games with a wheel and pedal is one of the coolest things I've done in VR.
Image
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.

MXS Cares

Mikey
Posts: 6984
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Mikey » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 am

I recently got an i7 8700k in a bundle and I kind of regret it, I think. My old PC was really struggling to handle lots of photography stuff under load. The i5 8600k is about $100 cheaper here in Aus and I imagine it would do it well enough to be a better choice.

Majority of people say the 8600k handles the single core games better too like MXS, so I think that should help out some, Mark.

Crazy how sick these things are when you get it to 5.0(+)! Should get into VR, Mark too. A new PC would handle it and get you back into iRacing :D
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com

Mikey
Posts: 6984
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby Mikey » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:30 am

*People in the iRacing forums
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com

User avatar
RFX_corentin_12
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Whats your pc?

Postby RFX_corentin_12 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 am

Does anyone have any review of this screen? https://www.viewsonic.com/fr/products/l ... -C-mhd.php
2015 & 2016 3rd Pro Italian MX | 2018 2nd AUSMX 450
Image


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests