IRL Bike Decision

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
samioo
Team: T&L racing TM

IRL Bike Decision

Post by samioo »

so im buying a pit bike but have come to the conclusion of 3 bikes and these 3 only cause its what i would prefer as i hate china bikes
TTR125
DRZ125
KLX140
i just need some help as i have only rode the drz but the reason that makes me want the klx the most is that it has disc brakes and not drum brakes same with the ttr and i have no idea what to choose would really like some personal opinions as i dont want to buy the bike and be unhappy with it....... :lol: :oops:
My names Jeff
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: IRL Bike Decision

Post by Wahlamt »

What will the purpose of the bike be, racing? And how old you? :)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I had a XR100 for a pitbike and it was awesome but the extra height and brakes, plus parts available I wanted a KLX140L. I hit my knee's so many times just playing around on it and the drum brakes really weren't that big of a deal. I would have mostly changed for the extra ground height and aftermarket parts.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
mikehunt22
Team: Privateer

Post by mikehunt22 »

klx
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Definitely not a TTR. Those are rubbish. DRZ is ok and KLR is most recommended.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

If you want it for racing, there are plenty of choices available at the market.
You could try a Buccimoto but they are quite expensive. You could look into the YCF bikes too, just google both brands
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

If you wanna gain all my respect and get all the ladies you need to get a TTR and spray paint it black, slap some Metal Mulisha stickers on it and remove the silencer core. TTR 125 racer can get you all the sweet hookups on FMF tires, Monster exhausts, and RK plastics.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
Trevor
Crushed Dissenter
Team: 21 Savage

Post by Trevor »

MaicoBreako wrote:If you wanna gain all my respect and get all the ladies you need to get a TTR and spray paint it black, slap some Metal Mulisha stickers on it and remove the silencer core. TTR 125 racer can get you all the sweet hookups on FMF tires, Monster exhausts, and RK plastics.

Don't forget to trim down the fenders for more aerodynamics and shave the seat down for more work-ability
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

Trevor wrote:
MaicoBreako wrote:If you wanna gain all my respect and get all the ladies you need to get a TTR and spray paint it black, slap some Metal Mulisha stickers on it and remove the silencer core. TTR 125 racer can get you all the sweet hookups on FMF tires, Monster exhausts, and RK plastics.

Don't forget to trim down the fenders for more aerodynamics and shave the seat down for more work-ability
If he rides the TTR's 8 hp to it's full potential those fenders will be naturally and organically trimmed by mother nature. Those TTRs are scary machines if you don't watch the throttle, once I almost over jumped a twenty foot long table top.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
ktmRider269
Team: Eleven10 Mods

Post by ktmRider269 »

Image Here is my ttr, i also got a 110 but its not as fun. Dumped about 3k into it and it is a sick bike to fuck around on.
160 big bore
Stroker
cams
big bore carb
85 front a rear end
Lightened flywheel
a bunch of other shit to, It will beat a stock 85 in a drag race with a 175 pound person on it lol. Overall a good bike
#4JG96
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

The IRL is for 4 wheelers, not bikes. Here's some IRL car decision choices...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

I'm in the process of building a ttr125. Really need to get the yz80 forks on it.
ktmRider269
Team: Eleven10 Mods

Post by ktmRider269 »

Halvorson wrote:I'm in the process of building a ttr125. Really need to get the yz80 forks on it.
Dont just get the forks, your better off buying a roller yz85 and putting the whole front/rear end on, if you just put the front end it looks goofy
#4JG96
samioo
Team: T&L racing TM

Post by samioo »

thanks people and the purpose of riding is just messing around on pit pike tracks with mates and the reason i dont want a thumpy is just i can get big brand parts easier...
My names Jeff
Fadez

Post by Fadez »

TTR125 has more power than DRZ 125 stock, can't comment on the KLX, but i've never known a ttr to be bad....