*** Official begging topic ***

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
John23

*** Official begging topic ***

Post by John23 »

Hey guys. I know I am not a very liked guy in the community, but I do believe that this is still a GIVING community. I really want a PC, and would love to have some help funding it. If anyone would help me out with a donation (every dollar helps), I would SO APPRECIATE it.

I am in a metal shop class, and the top 5 donators that help me reach my goal (if I reach my goal) will have their username engraved in the case.

The GoFundMe link is below.

Thanks to anyone that helps me do this.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by DBRider251 »

Dude, not being rude, but why would someone give you money to build a PC? You don't NEED the PC, so it's really weird to ask for money to build it from people. This isn't charity...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
John23

Post by John23 »

DBRider251 wrote:Dude, not being rude, but why would someone give you money to build a PC? You don't NEED the PC, so it's really weird to ask for money to build it from people. This isn't charity...
I completely understand that, but I thought I would give it a shot. That's why I posted it in here and not a new topic.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

At some point you will realize that your actions are why "people don't like you". Prefacing something you know is going to get a poor reaction by saying "I know no one likes me but..." doesn't change what you are about to say. You knew it wasn't going to go well, pretended to be a victim, then asked anyways.

Everyone here is treated the same way, we were all new once. If you want people to think differently about you then you will have to change their opinion. Its the same IRL or on any forum on the internet.

My suggestion is to take responsibility for yourself. If you change your mindset from "people don't like me" to "I say and/or do things that people don't like" then you will be well on your way to being a man. If you think about starting a thread or posting something and you know people aren't going to like it then don't do it if you don't want to face the consequences. Are no jobs available locally? Have you tried to start mowing lawns in your neighborhood for a few bucks a week? Haven't you been doing some skinning for a few bucks a pop? Go get a job with Awood at the Karting place! Make your situation better. Make yourself better.

This is exactly why people my age say this Country is going down the toilet. Gimme gimme gimme. You want me to give you money that I work hard for because you want a new PC? Well I want tons of stuff, I work hard to buy it for myself and it is that much more satisfying when I open the box because I earned it.
John23

Post by John23 »

SMR 510RR wrote:At some point you will realize that your actions are why "people don't like you". Prefacing something you know is going to get a poor reaction by saying "I know no one likes me but..." doesn't change what you are about to say. You knew it wasn't going to go well, pretended to be a victim, then asked anyways.

Everyone here is treated the same way, we were all new once. If you want people to think differently about you then you will have to change their opinion. Its the same IRL or on any forum on the internet.

My suggestion is to take responsibility for yourself. If you change your mindset from "people don't like me" to "I say and/or do things that people don't like" then you will be well on your way to being a man. If you think about starting a thread or posting something and you know people aren't going to like it then don't do it if you don't want to face the consequences. Are no jobs available locally? Have you tried to start mowing lawns in your neighborhood for a few bucks a week? Haven't you been doing some skinning for a few bucks a pop? Go get a job with Awood at the Karting place! Make your situation better. Make yourself better.

This is exactly why people my age say this Country is going down the toilet. Gimme gimme gimme. You want me to give you money that I work hard for because you want a new PC? Well I want tons of stuff, I work hard to buy it for myself and it is that much more satisfying when I open the box because I earned it.
Thanks for the response, but I have tried to find a job. I am currently in college trying to be a pilot for the airforce. I wake up at 5am every morning, go to class about 6:30-7am, in class until about 6-7:30pm, go home, eat my ramen or PB&J, do homework until about 12-1am, and do it all over the next day.

It is hard to find a job in that schedule, so all my money is coming from skins, donations, and parents...

I just hoped that people would see this with an open mind. If 80 people decided to help me out and donate $10, I would reach my goal. That's if I didn't put a single dime into this. So let's say 50 people at $10 a piece? That's $500 with $300 from me that I will save up? Only 50-80 people in such a big community. $800 to one person is a lot, but is $10?

I do see where you say "gimme gimme gimme", but I just hoped that instead of people PMing me calling me a "Worthless piece of shit", and "fuck the airforce, go make your own money you ungrateful cunt", people would try to help someone out by doing something nice.

Tell me...am I wrong? If I am, I will be the first person to admit that I'm being a dumbass and asking for too much from this community.

Nothing personal twords you.

Thanks for reading
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

John23 wrote:Tell me...am I wrong?
Yeah.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You mean to tell us that you go to school for 12 hours a day in order to get into the Air Force?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

That is not a thing. This is a good scheme to get money, but you aren't fooling me.
John23

Post by John23 »

KTM57 wrote:You mean to tell us that you go to school for 12 hours a day in order to get into the Air Force?
In between classes, breaks, and driving to and from, yes...
John23

Post by John23 »

tyskorn wrote:That is not a thing. This is a good scheme to get money, but you aren't fooling me.
1. It's not a scam. This is really for a PC
2. I'm not trying to fool anyone...just trying to get some help
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

According to your this, you are a sophomore at a high school:

This class schedule you posted 9 months ago doesn't look like it's 12 hours a day at college:

You must be 17 to apply for the air force, and you have lots of pictures of yourself racing a supermini.

Pretending to be associated with the military to ask for money seems like a hugely douchey thing to do.

BradyS21
Team: EuroTrashSilencer
Location: Working the corner to earn money to buy a new pipe because I don't know what my works pipe does :'(

Post by BradyS21 »

tyskorn wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I apologize for Brady's language, everyone.
John23

Post by John23 »

That's my brother, John
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

[u]John23[/u] wrote:That's my brother, John
excelmx112

Post by excelmx112 »

John23 wrote:That's my brother, John
Your parents must get terribly confused.