2016 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2016 SX Discussion

Post by Wahlamt »

Anyone got a link? :)
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Aggressively Mediocre Image
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Track doesn't look that wet. Hoping it isn't a complete bog underneath, I think I am in the minority for hating mud races though.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Mud races are cool for shaking things up, but they suck to watch as a fan. My very first outdoor national that I went to was the first one at Ironman when it poured during practice, and the race kinda sucked because no one was hitting the Tony Stark Triple, or some other pretty decent lines that I could see were possible even in the mud
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

AMA: Now hiring someone who can figure out how to get a heavy ass gate to drop one the 1st try, consistently
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Anchor_b
Team: Splitfire

Post by Anchor_b »

Sucks Martin have to move up next year, definetly coming along in SX.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

250 and 450 had really good races. Kinda saw what was happening to Stew as it was Daytona all over again for him but atleast he managed to keep a podium. Good on Davalos for holding off Martin, dude was on a charge. Thank you Tomac and Roczen for showing up. Finally someone messes up the group that was up front, for the first time in 3 weeks the podium looked different.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I laughed when Emig said it was a rare occurrence for the gate to do that. That's the 3rd time it's happened this year?

It seems like ever since they had that first staggered restart back several years ago, they've been so red flag/cross flag happy. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather them play it safe and throw that out vs. the yellow if there's any doubt, but so many of the situations don't call for it. They either need a dedicated flagging staff or better training for those guys. I know they've talked about it on Pulp before.

Something else they were talking about the last few shows is the way the amateur scene is now. Young kids still on 65's/85's have these sponsor deals to groom them to make it, while guys that already made it don't get major support like that (Schmidt, who I feel is in a similar boat that Peick was a few years back, granted he hasn't shown the results Peick did, he still makes mains regularly). That and how the training camps are so popular now, where the kids race/practice with a few other guys, but don't go out and race a bunch of local races anymore just the major stuff. Because of that they may be hella fast, but once it comes to the Pros when they aren't dominating like they used to, they haven't really had the chance to develop the racing instincts of being in a pack so they push until they crash. I'm probably the biggest example of "from the outside looking in" since I've never raced, never have attended any mx training, and have no ties inside the industry, but they made good points on the show that make sense to me.

There I stirred the pot a little :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Can someone please point out to some of these riders that they are saying "I can't thank my sponsors/god/the lord up above" without adding "enough" at the end of these sentences? I heard Martin and one other guy say that they can't thank someone at this weekends race. Jenny Taft should ask "Why can't you thank them?"

I understand they're home schooled but it's crazy how much I've seen guys say that this year lol
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
m121c

Post by m121c »

I want to punch Ralph in the mouth every time he mentions Christain Craig and Josh Grant "came off the couch and jumped right in to mix". It's making the sport seem "easy" more than displaying the talent of the rider. Ya CC is incredibly talented and he probably could go really fast for a lap just coming off the couch, would he be fastest quali like he was at Lakewood? Not if he truly came off the couch and not riding as they portrayed. . Would he qualify? Oh ya. JG is fast, but would he top 10 FREAKEN DAYTONA just off the couch? Come on are you serious. :roll:
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

m121c wrote:I want to punch Ralph in the mouth every time he mentions Christain Craig and Josh Grant "came off the couch and jumped right in to mix". It's making the sport seem "easy" more than displaying the talent of the rider. Ya CC is incredibly talented and he probably could go really fast for a lap just coming off the couch, would he be fastest quali like he was at Lakewood? Not if he truly came off the couch and not riding as they portrayed. . Would he qualify? Oh ya. JG is fast, but would he top 10 FREAKEN DAYTONA just off the couch? Come on are you serious. :roll:
I could not agree more. Its really stupid because they arent coming off the couch. They have that stuff planned out months ahead
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Wish Ralph would just stay on the couch...
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Snopro704 wrote:Can someone please point out to some of these riders that they are saying "I can't thank my sponsors/god/the lord up above" without adding "enough" at the end of these sentences?
OMG! IKR!!! How about starting a sentence with "I mean...." ???
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

yzmxer608 wrote:I laughed when Emig said it was a rare occurrence for the gate to do that. That's the 3rd time it's happened this year?
Haha, let's not mention MEC....
yzmxer608 wrote:It seems like ever since they had that first staggered restart back several years ago, they've been so red flag/cross flag happy. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather them play it safe and throw that out vs. the yellow if there's any doubt, but so many of the situations don't call for it. They either need a dedicated flagging staff or better training for those guys. I know they've talked about it on Pulp before.
Have they ever before this year had red cross flag because a tough block has been on either side of the track? Haven't they just had flaggers waving and pointing before?
yzmxer608 wrote:Something else they were talking about the last few shows is the way the amateur scene is now. Young kids still on 65's/85's have these sponsor deals to groom them to make it, while guys that already made it don't get major support like that (Schmidt, who I feel is in a similar boat that Peick was a few years back, granted he hasn't shown the results Peick did, he still makes mains regularly).
Schmidt feels like Ronnie Stewart in 2014 or 2015 (can't remember) where he started to make quite some mains, yet not doing too good. Peick's last privateer year he performed really good. I was so happy when he was picked up by a factory ride. As you as, can't believe all kids getting sponsors. Some of them actually getting legit stuff, others just getting the most random "my dad has some connections" sponsors with no ties what so ever to the sport.

Not sure if that's also a "thing" in the amateur scene, but it feels like there is quite some kids these days with a good amount of money able to buy all the "good stuff" where as my feeling is that guys like Dungey, Villipoto etc really had to earn what they got and save up as where people just buy it today? This may be 100% incorrect as I'm not into the MX scene really, not in Sweden, nor in US. Just a feeling I've gotten.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.