2016 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: 2016 SX Discussion

Post by SMR 510RR »

Another view that starts earlier. Not sure what the deal was.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEjpApdkYaL/
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

I can just hear the voice from moto 6
" New England Attitudes and Dirtbikes, this should be interesting"
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Fat boy swung first then got rekt.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I don't think I've seen Roczen look this awesome in SX. He's been on rails recently.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

aeffertz wrote:I don't think I've seen Roczen look this awesome in SX. He's been on rails recently.
Nice deer bro! What kind of HP does it put out? hahaha
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

I was hoping someone would see it! Hahaha.

Me and my buddies made it a bucket list item to get on the stupid tweet section. With only two races left we decided it was now or never so I grabbed my buddies target and slapped on a helmet. Figured it was stupid enough to make it and sure enough! Honestly made my night.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

All you need is 1 piece of motocross gear and 1 animal. Guaranteed to get on there. That or a little kid.

Man Roczen made everyone look silly tonight, Tomac looked awesome too and Dungey lost his podium streak.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

You summed it up perfectly. Bummed on Dungey ending the streak, pumped on Roczen killing it and also stoked on Tomac getting into a groove. Usually by this time the outdoors are already pretty predictable but everyone is really getting into their own at this point.

I think the outdoors are going to be awesome this year! One thing that kind of bugs me is that Roczen finally has the Zuk where he wants it and it's giving him the results he wants. Now he's going to start from scratch again next year and I can't help but feel it's going to be the same pattern. Struggle first half of season trying to figure out the bike and wind up in the same position.

Regardless, outdoors are shaping up to be great between Dungey, Roczen and Tomac. Will be interesting to see where Canard, Anderson, Barcia and Seely stack up as there all healthy, maybe except Barcia at the moment. More excited for the 250's outdoors though. That class is going to be the best we've seen in a while!
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Beginning around the point in the main when ET passed Dungey, Eli looked like he was in full flow. I'm talking about being in what sport psych defines as flow, i.e. just being in the "zone," so to speak. Time isn't noticeable, peak performance requires no task-related cognition, you don't think - you just do. There's a time for practice and there's a time for performance, and when you can be 100% fully engaged in performance and that practice becomes automated and mindless...it's a thing of beauty. That is probably one of the most fascinating thing I enjoy watching in elite athletes, across all sports, and it was really nice to see him reach that state (at least it looked it). That obviously doesn't equate into 5secs a lap, and maybe I perceived his riding as better than it actually was, but as a fan it was awesome to see on the broadcast (key phrase, "on the broadcast." Clearly Ken was OK tonight, too, I guess...) It's been a while since I've seen him put consistent, blazing fast, and importantly - aggressive - laps together like he did tonight. So cool to watch, really looking forward to outdoors
Aggressively Mediocre Image
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

yzmxer608 wrote:Something else they were talking about the last few shows is the way the amateur scene is now. Young kids still on 65's/85's have these sponsor deals to groom them to make it, while guys that already made it don't get major support like that (Schmidt, who I feel is in a similar boat that Peick was a few years back, granted he hasn't shown the results Peick did, he still makes mains regularly).
I know for a fact a handful of guys who are making 450 SX mains as privateers that struggled to get a goggle deal for product only. I also know a kid on 65s who gets championship podium bonuses ($1500, $1000, $750 per class at 6 major amateur nationals) from his goggle company. He gets similar bonuses from his gear company too.

It's a bit broken.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

DeCoster burnout video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2VWB2MzNr/

Carlos(?) burnout video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2UZ68MzLi/

Dungey burnout video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2TpefOMnZ/

DeCoster wins the competition. You're all welcome.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Incase anyone missed it, here it is. The
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Dungey takes thrb championship.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

I have a lot more to say. But I still feel like Roczen is going to kill it outdoors.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Woah, ignore the last posts. Don't drunk and forum. Hahahaha