Dirt: Rally, MXS League.

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Servatis

Re: Dirt: Rally, MXS League.

Post by Servatis »

correction
Servatis wrote:in the *last* stage my engine started whistling
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

My engine died while I was just going along on a straight section. I wouldn't mind if we did this format again. Now that I know to take care of the engine.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

yeah, it was a bit of an experiment. since the 2010 cars take the longest to repair. maybe it would have been better in the 2000's or group A cars.
Considering some other event I've seen, a service point per 6 stages sounded reasonable to me.
I think it's do-able though, you just have to be really careful and maybe even short shift to save the engine. I wrecked my radiator on the second stage which I'm sure killed me.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

Well that was a lot of rallying for one sitting. I wrecked my radiator after the first service and had to take the middle part of the rally really easy. On the second service I was able to repair it enough to continue with attack mode but that meant mistakes in Sweden :D Overall I was quite happy with my performance but radiator damage really makes you cautious!
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

I might actually make it to the end, almost everything is at 60-70% at the last service station. if I take it easy on the engine I might be able to limp to the finish. got a 2:44 lead right now so I can bleed about 25 seconds per stage.
Driving mostly in 4-6th gear, low rpm to save the engine. The Polo actually has some decent power down there.

---

MXS Cares
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Aaahhhh! That was intense, my hands are all shaking and stuff. :lol: Right in the first stage I rolled the car around and crashed the front straight into a tree but after that things just clicked. I don't think I've ever driven this well before. I didn't have trouble with the radiator like you guys but I was afraid my drivetrain wouldn't hold it together to finish the rally. Started to get these clunk noises from it in the last 4 stages.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

and suddenly i'm 1 minute behind with 6 stages to go.

Guess I have to go max attack and if my car dies, so be it. I need to make up 10 seconds per stage :P.

---

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

well, that didn't go to plan :P
after 1 stage the engine started stuttering. I think the engineers replaced my engine with a lawnmower, it sounded like it. the suspension was shot, so the slightest bump made it wobble uncontrollably. then about halfway into the last stage the engine got much worse. I tried coasting on the clutch for a while but eventually retired.

It was interesting, but I think if we do this again we should use different cars. These modern cars take a long time to repair. maybe group A or R4 is a better class. I also don't really like the way these cars drive for some reason.

---

MXS Cares
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Haahhahaahahahahaa!!! I WON!! I WON!!!! I'm the best none of you are a match to me!!! HAHHAHAHAAA I WON!! Sorry not sorry

:lol:
That was a fun way to do the rally. We should definitely do more of these at some point.
TeamHavocRacing

How about again? I'm down to clown.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Are there any more Rally X tracks in the works does any one know?
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

That sure would be nice to try again! Is it possible to increase the service time to 45 mins?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

no, service times are locked to 30 minutes. I also didn't realise that when I set a stage to "allow setup change" it also has to be a service point, otherwise it just skips over it.

I'm down to do this again.
So what do you guys think? 6 stages in 3 locations to allow setup changes and repairs between locations? or maybe 6 stages at 6 locations and really make this a long one, 36 stages, over 3 or 4 weeks? or just keep it at the 3 stages at 6 locations and don't worry about the setups?
Also, which cars? I'm personally partial to Group A, not that crazy to drive for a long time and relatively easy to repair. So the regular wear and tear doesn't end up ripping the car apart like the 2010's.

more Rally X tracks would be cool, don't think CM released any info on possible future DLC at this point. I'm hoping for more content though. another hillclimb track would be great as well.

---

MXS Cares
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Six stages in three locations sounds good. Could make a season out of it.
TeamHavocRacing

I think the weekly thing is a good format. Get my fix of rallying.