Squad-Combat Realism

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: Squad-Combat Realism

Post by SMR 510RR »

m121c wrote:Graphically it's amazing. Animations are great looking. Sounds are incredible.

Only bitch I have about it are the controls which is more my own problem, not being a regular with the keyboard + mouse I find it to be a weird layout that I just can't adjust to nor customize it to my liking 100%. I was surprised when I picked up my controller and the game actually recognized it and it worked. Although it's useless without the customization ability, it recognizes the controller enough to assign it actions, but it doesn't recognize it in the menus.

Might spend more time with setup later today to see if I can actually start to get into the game with out getting destroyed because I get lost in the keys or buttons.
I feel you, I am just trying to get used to the keyboard though. I wonder if there is a configuration file where you could edit the controller inputs, might be worth checking out.

Can't wait to get off work to play some more haha. Only 6 hours to go!
m121c

Post by m121c »

Ya it's a struggle with all pc games... I use a PlayStation controller so I use the DS3 tool. I can setup a profile for it and adjust the sensitivity, dead zone, and hotkey the buttons to what I want I just haven't done it yet. Maybe I can figure something out, but it doesn't help (as far as I know) that you can't put a toggle crouch/prone on one button. I'm not sure it'll work if I put the stance toggle on for example circle, not sure if it will be able to differ between holding it to go prone, or just tapping it to crouch.

I probably should just try the keyboard and mouse but I tried that with Arma and every other game I have ever played and I always end back up at the controller. The time it would take me to get used the controls I would have broken many in-animated objects, one of the probably being my keyboard so I just rather not try.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Yall just need to adapt to the superior method of mouse and keyboard.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Yall just need to adapt to the superior method of mouse and keyboard.
I've used M/KB since I was 9 or 10 for FPS and can't imagine playing any other way. When I do play PS I feel the auto aim so much, I didn't even know until recently that people did use controllers for FPS on PC.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Pumaxcs wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Yall just need to adapt to the superior method of mouse and keyboard.
I've used M/KB since I was 9 or 10 for FPS and can't imagine playing any other way. When I do play PS I feel the auto aim so much, I didn't even know until recently that people did use controllers for FPS on PC.
Only Mason... goon.... :roll:
m121c

Post by m121c »

I know... :oops: I'm not the best with having a steady hand so I naturally just dislike playing with a mouse, and my fingers just never seem to like keyboard layouts. I know the keyboard pretty well as far as typing and location of keys, but when I am playing I can't either 1. Find the right key for the life of me, I always get mixed up 2. My fingers just don't bend to the keys I want comfortably/at all.

With games that support controllers on PC, it's usually not the best. That auto aim feeling is gone, and you just get rekt because the sticks and sensitivity is always weird/unnatural. Rainbow Six: Siege is the first game I have ever played on PC that the controller actually seems to work very well, although not a quick as a mouse or maybe as sensitive, but I can get it very close to my liking as you can adjust the sensitivity based on axis, ads, and the stick deadzones.

I'm picky with my buttons... :lol: I can gurantee I have a very different controller setup for sim compared to many.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

I feel you, I am quite goony so far but I am getting better. The keyboard is the hardest part the mouse isn't too bad TBH but when I need you go prone quick or die its a safe bet I will crouch and die.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Just bought, dl'd, and I found out about the AMD processor issue fml.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

On The Pipe wrote:Just bought, dl'd, and I found out about the AMD processor issue fml.
Looks like there are some things you can do to make it better on the forums and reddit.

The "My squad leader is playing his first game and doesn't know anything" is not curable however.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

It took me a bit to really start enjoying it but once you start actually getting the idea of what is going on and starting to actually get kills its a blast. I started by getting less then 10 kills a game and now am well into the 20's per game and its really a blast.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Have they got weapon skins yet? :D

Looks so sick, gonna have to get it here soon.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:It took me a bit to really start enjoying it but once you start actually getting the idea of what is going on and starting to actually get kills its a blast. I started by getting less then 10 kills a game and now am well into the 20's per game and its really a blast.
Do team kills count? Hahaha.
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Just bought this game. Hope it's good.

Steam name: Aye Crimson
pulse

Post by pulse »

pulse

Post by pulse »

so played 3 games, and by far the most fun iv had in ages!