Squad-Combat Realism

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Racers52

Re: Squad-Combat Realism

Post by Racers52 »

I see now, does look a bit odd.
Jeston

Post by Jeston »

I got this, it's epic. Definitely worth the wait, just waiting on vehicles now :P
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Jeston wrote:I got this, it's epic. Definitely worth the wait, just waiting on vehicles now :P
Humvee's got implemented last month. Not sure if they are working on anything else but I'd say in a couple of years we could see full scale combat included land and air vehicles.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Jeston wrote:I got this, it's epic. Definitely worth the wait, just waiting on vehicles now :P
Humvee's got implemented last month. Not sure if they are working on anything else but I'd say in a couple of years we could see full scale combat included land and air vehicles.
Jeston

Post by Jeston »

Racers52 wrote:
They aren't in game yet, at least being used as far as I know.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

omg....
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Looks good. Also the new explosions video. And everything else they posted. I rate 25/10
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

I done ordered it.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

SMR 510RR wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:I pulled the trigger on the preorder.

IDK about the chipping on the AR though, they are anodized not painted so it won't chip but could get worn off but man that would take some abuse.
Awesome! I can believe the "worn" effect on on the M4's, especially on the RIS systems where maybe the solider has removed and attached multiple things over long periods of time. Plus I like the look they are going for on the upper and lower receivers, I'd rather be carrying a beat up, realistic weapon than a plastic looking fake one. I guess its all about immersion factor.

Great thing is, the developers of the game are trying to make it as realistic as possible and the setting in the modern time, which, in many of the shooters now don't do, included Arma 3.
I don't disagree my point is simply that anodizing doesn't chip but they have made it look like chiped paint. On an anodized piece of aluminum with that kind of wear it would have a feathered edge because it would be worn not chipped with such a clean jagged edge.

vs.

Its obviously different for other weapons like the AKs and SAW because they are steel so they would have some kind of coating like paint or powder coat or parkerizing or something like that.
I have no idea how M16/M4 lowers are coated (lowest bidder though). Just know from my time in service a lot of them are worn like the picture you posted. Some of them even have a purplish tint. I only used m16a2's so they probably have a better coating on the m4's nowadays. I saw a screenshot of squad and I was knit picking how he had his pouches placed on his armor. Pointless to have them on your back were you can't reach. Any war movie or show with military I'm always picking out what is wrong haha. :D

This game is going on steam in December for early access right?
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Is this game based off Americas Army (AAO)? A lot of the character movements and animations appear very similar to AAO. Even some of the gun sounds seem like they are from AAO.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

playing with Scott

Game is ALOT of fun when playing with a full squad and using coordination.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

After a full evening of play with
SMR
Scott
Tyler
K-C
Zack
Prokop
I can honestly said with proper team work this game is awesome! It runs smooth and has a crazy realistic feel.
Here are some highlights from todays games.

m121c

Post by m121c »

Graphically it's amazing. Animations are great looking. Sounds are incredible.

Only bitch I have about it are the controls which is more my own problem, not being a regular with the keyboard + mouse I find it to be a weird layout that I just can't adjust to nor customize it to my liking 100%. I was surprised when I picked up my controller and the game actually recognized it and it worked. Although it's useless without the customization ability, it recognizes the controller enough to assign it actions, but it doesn't recognize it in the menus.

Might spend more time with setup later today to see if I can actually start to get into the game with out getting destroyed because I get lost in the keys or buttons.