Motocross Game Development Livestream

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Motocross Game Development Livestream

Post by LKR47 »

cheesierlizard1 wrote: Looks awesome, keep up the good work!
Thanks!

For those wanting to watch the livestreams on my website... They will be available on the home page with a post title of "LiveStream-Date" or on my forums. They will be on the forums 100% of the time but I may skip a post here and there. Should be getting more into streaming now that we have a modeler, so things should get more interesting. Also, if you have any questions (other than "When will it be released"), feel free to ask it in the appropriate section. Thank you all for your support and interest once again!
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Forgot the link lol.

http://lcqstudios.com
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Just a little update for people that were interested in this. I was trying to get into streaming more but my life has been real hectic lately. I've been working a lot more (working a 15 hour shift today), and trying to get some college things done since I'm transferring to a 4 year school in the fall. At the end of the day I'm so worn out that all I want to do is play some video games or go to sleep. I don't even have time to go ride anymore which sucks.
But I am going to try to start getting in one or two streams a week and continue putting them on our website. We have a small 4 man team now so a lot has changed since the last stream. If some of you saw the last one I started on a track editor which is now done. In the next one I'll be starting the crash conditions (casing a jump, hitting a tree, launching off of a cliff etc) should be a pretty interesting one. So I'll see you guys then!
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

LKR47 wrote:Just a little update for people that were interested in this. I was trying to get into streaming more but my life has been real hectic lately. I've been working a lot more (working a 15 hour shift today), and trying to get some college things done since I'm transferring to a 4 year school in the fall. At the end of the day I'm so worn out that all I want to do is play some video games or go to sleep. I don't even have time to go ride anymore which sucks.
But I am going to try to start getting in one or two streams a week and continue putting them on our website. We have a small 4 man team now so a lot has changed since the last stream. If some of you saw the last one I started on a track editor which is now done. In the next one I'll be starting the crash conditions (casing a jump, hitting a tree, launching off of a cliff etc) should be a pretty interesting one. So I'll see you guys then!
Sounds good.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Streaming for a bit... Room mates gone tonight :D
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Are you still streaming and how much left do you have in the game? Cause when you showed me Beta versions of the game it looked really good animation wise but had some flaws in the riding on it like you could barely jump, when you turned it was really slow to turn and didn't quite like too. It'd be really nice to see how far it has came since I last saw it on your original track that was being made.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

USABMXER1 wrote:Are you still streaming and how much left do you have in the game? Cause when you showed me Beta versions of the game it looked really good animation wise but had some flaws in the riding on it like you could barely jump, when you turned it was really slow to turn and didn't quite like too. It'd be really nice to see how far it has came since I last saw it on your original track that was being made.
I tried to stream a few weeks ago but I didnt really have anything set up so I ended it early. I live in an apartment with a roomate at my school now and he hardly leaves so I dont want to be an annoying.
I just started working on the game again a few weeks ago so theres still no eta on when it will be done and there probably wont be for a long time. I've been working on default controller and keyboard layouts as well as rebindable inputs. Ive made significant handling improvements as well. The only thing thats done and ready to ship is the track editor. We still have to write multiplayer code and a server assembly, and get models and environments ready for the early access release on top of physics. I've been really busy with school and thats whats important right now. Theres a little more info in this thread.
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Post by slowngreen »

School over making the game? Not sure you have your priorities figured out correctly, but to each his own I guess. :wink:
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

It's finally starting to look like a game. 2k and 4k textures on our stock(6d but not called 6d) helmet.
http://lcqstudios.com/helmet-3d-assets/
Btw... sign ups are open if you want to get signed up on our site. But if not its whatever lol
Mcguire103
Team: Privateer

Post by Mcguire103 »

nice work man did you do the wheel colliders yourself or are you just tweaking/working over an asset? looks so good.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Mcguire103 wrote:nice work man did you do the wheel colliders yourself or are you just tweaking/working over an asset? looks so good.
Thanks. I inherited from the stock wheel colliders in unity and modified it heavily. Everything's been coded by me except for the base collisions.
Mcguire103
Team: Privateer

Post by Mcguire103 »

so good man. looking forward to seeing your updates
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Our character modeler is doing some sick stuff with substance on the helmet. He updated the post this morning so go check it out and leave some feedback for him :D
http://lcqstudios.com/helmet-3d-assets/
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Looking really good so far!
Can't wait for some physics updates to be honest. 8)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Sandhapper wrote:Looking really good so far!
Can't wait for some physics updates to be honest. 8)
Thanks! ....Theyre coming soonish :oops: Made a lot of improvements the past few months. I just have to get through finals and then Ill be able to polish out some stuff and post some updates.