Motocross Game Development Livestream

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: Motocross Game Development Livestream

Post by Sandhapper »

LKR47 wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Looking really good so far!
Can't wait for some physics updates to be honest. 8)
Thanks! ....Theyre coming soonish :oops: Made a lot of improvements the past few months. I just have to get through finals and then Ill be able to polish out some stuff and post some updates.
Great!
This game will be more arcady, won't it? Really looking forward to a new good arcade game. Hoping to get that feeling back from when I was yougher.

Also, good luck with your finals.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Sandhapper wrote:.
Itll bridge the gap between arcade and simulator. Therell be a small learning curve but nothing like sim is. Itll be fun I promise lol. And thanks, appreciate it.
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Post by slowngreen »

Bridging the gap is exactly what I want in a game. Keep up the good work.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

I just post a very in depth feature list for early access/alpha almost 700 words in length. If you're curious about what we're working on then I would go check it out. This is only our alpha list... our whole roadmap is currently triple the size leading into coming out of alpha. Hope this satisfies some of y'all :D
https://lcqstudios.com/alpha-feature-list/
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

Very awesome!!
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

Hell yeah!
Sounding great.

"Wide range of bike sizes (50,85,125,250f,250t,450f,500?)"
Does this include 150 4 stroke and 150 2 stroke?

"Rider Falloff (you have to walk/run back to your bike to get back on. Promotes clean, smart riding like real life riding)"
As much as I like that idea, won't that cause any trouble? I'd imagine people trying to jump in front of others to make them crash for example. And will there be anything which makes it clear which bike is yours? I'm sure I won't be able to find my bike if theres a big start crash.
I'm hoping this game won't have as many start crashes as Mx Simulator if this features makes it into your game. probably 10 people's bike and riders flying through the air, then 10 people trying to run back to their bike.

"Riding from your pit to the starting gate (with mechanic on back if riding big bike class)"
Did you get that idea from me or is that a coincidence?

"Independent rider attitudes (if you block or hit an AI rider they will remember and act according to their attitude meter.)"
That sounds great! Can't wait to see that in action.

"Vote weather"
Could the server admin disable this vote and set the standard weather on random?

Good luck with futher development. Souding really good guys.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Does this include 150 4 stroke and 150 2 stroke?
Not initially but maybe we'll add it.

As much as I like that idea, won't that cause any trouble? I'd imagine people trying to jump in front of others to make them crash for example. And will there be anything which makes it clear which bike is yours? I'm sure I won't be able to find my bike if theres a big start crash.
I'm hoping this game won't have as many start crashes as Mx Simulator if this features makes it into your game. probably 10 people's bike and riders flying through the air, then 10 people trying to run back to their bike.

I have all that figured out. Not going to say publicly how Im doing it though.

"Riding from your pit to the starting gate (with mechanic on back if riding big bike class)"
Did you get that idea from me or is that a coincidence?

No it was coincidence haha
LKR47 wrote:I really like your ideas and we've already made plans for most of them
"Vote weather"
Could the server admin disable this vote and set the standard weather on random?

We'll have servers up without the "Vote" methods alongside normal servers. When we release server software the server admin will have full control.
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

Great! Thanks. :)
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Have you guys decided a price yet?
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

mack| spokes wrote:Have you guys decided a price yet?
Nope. Depending on how much steam takes per sale I'd say $30-$45. Maybe in the middle idk yet.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Yeah! Finally someone is developing what every motocross gamer wants.

By reading the feature list and taking a look to the 6D helmet dry/mud/dust thing, I must say I'm really exited about the work you guys are putting to make this happen.

Customization [Alpha]:
-Choose bike brand.
-Customize sponsor graphics.
-Choose different rider gear.
By seeing that 6D without 6D logos, I guess the plan is to model everything as realistic as possible but without adding the real logos?
Like in Reflex or MTX Mototrax that we had the real models but the KTM was named "orange" or the Honda "Blaze". Or like Sim that we have sxf instead of KTM.
Customize sponsor graphics: How will this work? Fake logos? GreenBull, Jaernes, Haray, Ayroh, Popstar Energy... ?
I hope the game gets enough interest to work with real life brands. I'm sure there are lot of brands wanting to appear in a good mx game.

Another thing is that I think is way better to make sure what you release.
For example, I think Mx Bikes is doing terribly wrong by releasing all those betas... The first one was really bad and so, everybody lost the interest in that game.
By saying this, what I mean is that If you have to wait 1 more year to release the game to the public, wait that year. Make sure the first release is good enough to make people hyped.

Don't feel obligated to answer since as more private you keep your proyect, the better it will come out.
I'm pretty sure there are companies that by reading your proyect, they are scared of what you can archieve.
I will support you no matter what. Keep it up guys.
Alex V111#1017
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Right now we're working with fake names yes. However, before we release we have a few companies we want to pitch to for licensing and hopefully more will come.
As for waiting... it's already been a year I don't think we can wait to much longer lol. We'd all just get burnt out trying to make a game mixed with school,work,life. The alpha will be as complete as we possibly can get it, that's why we haven't set a date yet. Plus it will always be improving. We won't be another mxb I can tell you that. I feel extremely let down by them so I vowed not to be that.
We're working tremendously hard and I have some things to reveal in the next few days ;)
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

VUSTTOS wrote:Or like Sim that we have sxf instead of KTM.
Did you ever think its called that because the KTM models are called SX for 2-Strokes and SX-F for 4-Strokes.
Fair Play.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

ryxn wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:Or like Sim that we have sxf instead of KTM.
Did you ever think its called that because the KTM models are called SX for 2-Strokes and SX-F for 4-Strokes.
Yes, I know that sx is for 2 strokes and the F is for 4 strokes.
You have to know that in Sim the KTM it's called sxf or sx bc Mx Simulator doesn't have the licence and rights to put KTM so they put sxf/sx instead.
Alex V111#1017
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

VUSTTOS wrote:Yes, I know that sx is for 2 strokes and the F is for 4 strokes.
You have to know that in Sim the KTM it's called sxf or sx bc Mx Simulator doesn't have the licence and rights to put KTM so they put sxf/sx instead.
tbh it makes more sense to use the actual model name anyway.
Fair Play.