Canadian motocross national GFM

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Canadian motocross national GFM

Post by mxrewind665 »

Hey guys, I don't usually make a go fund me. However, I am trying to race the Pro Canadian Nationals this upcoming season. On top of racing out of country and it being my rookie year I am doing it on my own living out of my Van as I travel. I set up this page for anyone who would like to support me trying to make each round. More details on the page. Thank you and feel free to share it around.

All donors will get a shoutout recognition and a mini # plate to show appericiation.

https://www.gofundme.com/hbh3ub2s
Blake_901

Re: Canadian motocross national GFM

Post by Blake_901 »

Dying hahahaha
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Blake_901 wrote:Dying hahahaha
Thanks for the donation!
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

No.
James_122

Post by James_122 »

So you want people to give you $14,000 CAD ($10K USD) on top of what you plan to save yourself for a possible 6 rounds of eastern Canadian nationals?

You require $2,333 per round of racing? You are way out to lunch, and make sites like this look terrible for people who are actually in need of assistance.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Just curious, why Canada? Why not get your AMA license and race nationals down here? Aren't there like 4 close to you? Or even just go to pro/ams and money races where you can make money? You do realize there is no money in Canadian moto right? Even if you were to get a top 10, it'll never make up for the money you spent.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

James_122 wrote:So you want people to give you $14,000 CAD ($10K USD) on top of what you plan to save yourself for a possible 6 rounds of eastern Canadian nationals?

You require $2,333 per round of racing? You are way out to lunch, and make sites like this look terrible for people who are actually in need of assistance.
I do not expect 10k nor do I want 10k I just set it at that. Any amount helps. What I plan to save myself won't be enough to make all 6 rounds. Im a solo rider no support except my own expense working 40+ hours. I sacrifice luxary with my daily driver being a 1992 van with no heat or AC. Not saying it's impossible for me to do it but a little goes a long way and is greatly appreciated. Don't attack me right off the bat.
checkerz wrote:Just curious, why Canada? Why not get your AMA license and race nationals down here? Aren't there like 4 close to you? Or even just go to pro/ams and money races where you can make money? You do realize there is no money in Canadian moto right? Even if you were to get a top 10, it'll never make up for the money you spent.
Yes I know there is no money. I don't plan on ever making a true living in motocross. I would like to however acquire all my pro cards someday. AMA only has Southwick, unadilla and budds close to me. Canada has 6 or so rounds that are within 5-10hours of me. I plan on doing some local money races before Canada to raise some, and pro-ams next year. This year I wanted to do AX but couldn't finance for a 250f in time forcing me to take an offer to trade for a 2012 crf450. In the meantime I would like to get some sorta experience of traveling and racing pro and pro ams are spread out and few in between around me. Hope that answers your question.
James_122

Post by James_122 »

You choose to put yourself out there asking strangers for money, so you are extra open to criticism. You work 40+ hours per week. Can't shame you for that at all, good job. But you say that you sacrifice luxury by driving an older vehicle. You also say you do not plan on making a career out of motocross. So why do you spend your hard earned money on a trainer, and then ask the public to fund your travels?

There are far better causes out there that you could post, then someone who doesnt want to make a career out of motocross, but does not want to fund it either.
m121c

Post by m121c »

So your looking to pursue a personal dream funded by other people. So when the dream is over, do you do another gofundme to get you on your feet to get you into reality?

Seems to be the trend atleast. Nothing is free is all I gotta say.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

James_122 wrote:You choose to put yourself out there asking strangers for money, so you are extra open to criticism. You work 40+ hours per week. Can't shame you for that at all, good job. But you say that you sacrifice luxury by driving an older vehicle. You also say you do not plan on making a career out of motocross. So why do you spend your hard earned money on a trainer, and then ask the public to fund your travels?

There are far better causes out there that you could post, then someone who doesnt want to make a career out of motocross, but does not want to fund it either.
Yes I agree there are far better causes. I have seen worse GFM pages for sports. I don't expect to make a career out of it but who knows I could be selling myself short. Doesn't every racer wish to make it big? I did say I want to make it pro by the end of my run with motocross/Supercross. It is hard for me to accomplish my goals at this age making as much money as I can paying for my own parts, gas, food, racing ect. I know I won't be able to make this my 9-5 job but it's worth a shot while I'm still younger and getting faster. If you don't support this I respect that.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

m121c wrote:So your looking to pursue a personal dream funded by other people. So when the dream is over, do you do another gofundme to get you on your feet to get you into reality?

Seems to be the trend atleast. Nothing is free is all I gotta say.
I'm racing regardless if I get support or not from the page. I work for a living and to fuel my dream. However how many rounds I can make is limited. May only be 2-3 rounds verses 5-6. If you look there are many others who have made a Supercross or road to sx GFM page. It's a donation not a requirement. Don't support it don't donate is the only way I can put it. If I make as little as the $20 on there now, I'm happy.
James_122

Post by James_122 »

Call me old fashioned I guess. Im from an era where if i did not have enough money for something, I worked and saved until I did. It is morally disgusting to see all these people throwing up these pages because they are impatient, and or incapable of doing something for themselves. You are still young, and getting faster as you said. So do you think you are going to be slower by next year? That gives you a whole other year of saving, and getting everything lined up (like your bike) instead of making a selfish fund me page that I hope people spend their money else where on. To ask family and immediate friends for help, I guess I can understand that. To post it out to the public, thats what I have issues with.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but websites make easy for people to beg, and its unfair to the other people who give a piece of their earned money to someone who is too impatient to earn all of it on their own.
m121c

Post by m121c »

mxrewind665 wrote:If you look there are many others who have made a Supercross or road to sx GFM page.
You are right there are a bunch, I see them all over the place and it just makes me laugh. I find it ridiculous. Its mind boggling to me how people can accept peoples money like this... But different views on reality I guess.

Goodluck with the venture.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

I am not saying you are wrong. Maybe outside of FB was a bad place to post it. I respect your view. Like I said I don't expect to make anything off this more than what has already been donated. It's just appericiated and I will still be going for it with or without the help of others. If I did miraculously make more money then I would need I may just have it returned or go twards someone in need in the racing scene. Sorry to offend you with this.

@mason thank you and this is a one time thing. Not making one any other season nor would you ever see me make one for a new bike. Those to me are really sad.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Save every single bit up you have and keep racing the local races + nationals.
For €25.000 you can already buy yourself in into a respected EMX250 team and finding a guest house in the Lommel region shouldn't be a problem either. If you do that you can travel across Europe, live as a full time pro for a year and eat Belgian fries with stew meat and mayonnaise.

And no offence to the Canadian championship, but riding the EMX250 class on MXGP tracks like Arco Di Trento, Lommel, Magiorra, St Jean D'angely, Teutschenthal ... In the same weekend as the MXGP and MX2 guys ... Doesn't that sounds a bit more appealing?
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)