my unforunate dilemna

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
ddmx

my unforunate dilemna

Post by ddmx »

Well, i try to keep pretty humble, but this would have gotten off topic quick, so i decided to move it.

My pc crashed, I lost all my work. Tracks in progress, models in progress, skins in progress, whatever else, schoolwork, the whole 9 yards. Money's tight, comp can't get fixed right now. Not sure if I'll ever get back into doing stuff for the game, a blow like this hits hard. Some of you guys are stepping up, good to see that, keep it up. It's you guys who are gonna push this game forward. As for me, I guess I'll keep checking in on the forums every once in a while, til then though you can hit me up on xbl and we'll race some reflex. it's "gdt phoenix". Peace guys.
REIDY-171
Team: Privateer

Re: Upcoming Skins & Shader Maps

Post by REIDY-171 »

Anybody else feel like starting a fund to help David get his computer fixed? He's given a lot to this community. We should give a little back.

I can't at the moment, but with my next check I should be able to put a little in.
yomo

Re: Upcoming Skins & Shader Maps

Post by yomo »

Yeah I agree!
In the mean time, thanks for everything you have done david, hope to continue to see you around here.
(This is going to get really long, maybe move it to offtopic?)
NIKK SPILLANE #244

Re: my unforunate dilemna

Post by NIKK SPILLANE #244 »

id donate some money, how much but?
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

yeah its a shame, for my opinion, all you did was what i prefer (i like a lot also the work of others of course, dj, gio...), but i love ktm bike in the game, best tracks for me, windcott and epic..... it ll be a shame not to see this creativity and design again in the game!!! hope you can get everything right soon with your computer! why not helping you for this? i agree!!!
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Woah thats sucks.. You made this community happy with all those bike models,rider models and all the stuff.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Goardy
Team: Satan

Post by Goardy »

i say we make a pool of money dedicated to buying something we dont need, like waterskis or something, that are the exact value of a computer he wants.
Get a pack of dogs up ya!
ゲイセックス、笑
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

How much would it cost to fix David?

I have lost stuff (digitally) that I was working on too, and it's suchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a motivation zapper. It sucks.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

ahhhh man, that fricken blows! sorry to hear that david
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Well That happens quite allot to me, last time ive lost all my wip models and could only save the kx and thor because i had them on my mail. I know how are you feeling, its allmost impossible to remake the stuffs, just dont gave up. :wink:
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

LuizH wrote:just dont give up.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE....

Your an good man,
i would donate say...well enough..
Your a good man, keep trying dont give up yet
There is hope in the deepest holes of the universe also. (that soundet something like a world war 3 abetment )
So just let us know how mutch you totaly need for the computer to get fixed.

I realy hope you can continue working with us, the ktm is the far most beutiful project iv seen in years.
(no offence to anyone)

Kindly
Ducky.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Dave, when you say it crashed, what exactly is happening or has happened? Are you sure its something that cant be fixed easily?
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Maybe this is a message...maybe some higher power realizes that you will never be able to top your latest model....yes....the BARKWOOD 250T!!!!!!!

i sure hope my computer doesn't crash now too...sorry to hear about your's david
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

That is just horrible, and like Garasaki said, it must be a real "motivation zapper". I don't have very much stuff on my computer, not very much important work, but if that happened to me, i would be so devastated. Im sorry to hear that this happened, and if you can't recover your pc, and any old (or new) work, at least you are starting fresh, and everything you make will be at your level of (high) standards.