Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Wahlamt wrote:
mxsrider96 wrote:Justin you would've won that wager actually... Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote by an EXTREMELY small margin
This means that Hillary actually got more votes than Trump, but Trump won more electoral?
Looks like that will be the outcome once everything is counted.

I know the "wager" was originally about the popular vote, but I still consider myself as losing that theoretical bet. I was just way off in my interpretation of things, and it's slap-in-the-face reminder that my perspective isn't the only one - nor is it the one held by the vast majority of people. I would like to think I'd kept that in mind throughout this never-ending election cycle, but it seems very apparent that I just flat out missed something along the way. I have no problem being wrong, especially if the ultimate outcome of this is a net gain for the country, that's all I really care about, anyway.
SMR 510RR wrote:You forget that Trump is hated as much by the GOP as by the Democrats. For that reason I don't think it will be free reign like you would expect.
That's one of the most amazing things about this election, the outright dismissal of everything that is[was] our major political/governing system. This dude just defeated both major parties at the same time, it's shocking and I think partly why so many that didn't even really support Hillary thought it was such a long shot. It's definitely the riskier choice, but if you were to frame things as "has the gov't been working lately? Then why wouldn't we try something different," that's an argument I can understand, just one I didn't think was that straight forward within the grand context of our presidential election. Again, though, that's what I thought before...I'm definitely reassessing my perceptions of the electorate and what we stand for/want, and not in a negative way, just a different way. Only time will tell the eventual outcome of his presidency, but the people have spoken within the system we use to elect presidents, and - as much as I might not agree with every single thing they have said - I am on board and ready to move forward and see where this new path takes us.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Wahlamt wrote:
mxsrider96 wrote:Justin you would've won that wager actually... Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote by an EXTREMELY small margin
This means that Hillary actually got more votes than Trump, but Trump won more electoral?
Yes. You have to think of it almost like the EU and the states are the individual countries. The way it is set up each state decides who it want's to be president and then it's electors vote (they are not required to vote how the state decided but generally do). The states can make some adjustments to how they vote, they can vote proportionally (Maine and Nebraska) by voting district but most states are winner take all.

The difference was negligible at best though. Currently it is a 270k vote difference with around 120,000,000 votes counted.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Theres no federal law but 29(?)states have lawful control, binding their electoral votes to the popular vote. Meanwhile the other 21 states have free and open electoral votes, but generally it's practiced that delegates vote based on popular vote in their state.

However, in the past several delegates have refused to aknowledge the lawful binding and go against it. Usually results in a small fine or misdemeanor charge.

Now im not entirely sure of this image's accuracy but the principle is there.

I know this is hypocrytical of me.. I was critical of our system but going through it I feel I have a pretty good understanding of it now.
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Half of America right now
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Just saw this, makes me sick to my stomach. This is how you raise hatred.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

On facebook I saw a post that said

I love you if you're Muslim, I love you if you're Black (and so on...)

then at the end it says, "If he builds a wall, I'm going to raise my kids to bring it down".

THERE'S ALREADY A BIG FUCKING FENCE AT THE BORDER THAT ISN'T DOING SHIT... SO YOU WANT THE FLOODGATES TO OPEN AND HAVE EVERYONE COME IN!?
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

Just thought id share this here. I was actually asked this the other day :lol: (Read my Twitter name)
(P.S: Follow me on twitter for funny ass retweets 8))

Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

That just happened to a local Hispanic girl who is a citizen . Middle school. "Pack your bags bitch!" Derp.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

ALL HAIL THE GOD EMPEROR.

2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
TeamHavocRacing

Click and hold, then circle around his fat head.... http://trumpdonald.org/
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:That just happened to a local Hispanic girl who is a citizen . Middle school. "Pack your bags bitch!" Derp.
That is such bullshit. I hate that I get lumped in with idiots like that.
TeamHavocRacing

Agreed. I get lumped in with whiny snowflake protesters who need counseling for election results. Fortunately, that outwardly racist kind of thing was isolated and I don't hear any more news like that. Though I haven't been watching quite as much lately.
m121c

Post by m121c »

It's hard to watch any type of the "news" lately.

I have 2-3 classes though that I continually get updates of how bad everything is and the leftist views shoved in to our brains and down our throats, so it's practically the news. I hate how liberal my university is. I'm all for hearing differing ideals, but if you are going to stand up there and lecture us about a racist blanket statement such as "white privilege", cite a reputable source or some factual evidence for crying out loud. Also, don't silence those that refute your claims with real evidence just because you have a "PHD in liberal feelings and you know things".

My English professor completely accepted the notion that Trumps "muslim ban" was a racist hate ban on all muslim immigration. What astounds me is not only was the student who brought it up completely manipulated by our honorary and honest media, my professor didn't mind to actually correct her statement, instead she agreed and made it a talking point. :roll: If you could guess she is very Anti-Trump and try's to install fear into the manipulative minds of our overly sensitive generation of kids, you'd be right.

I missed this topic.
TeamHavocRacing

If President Chump sells his new book "The Art of the Fail" and have proceeds go to rebuilding our infrastructure, then he wouldn't have to fuck the little guy to recover from everything being a "disaster". Hmmmm....let's see how he can blame Obama for this one.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Any thoughts on recent world events? Pretty complicated and very real situation going on between global powers.

If you ask me, Trump's Syria move was a great power move for the U.S., however, hopefully the quick reaction doesn't result in deeper consequences. On one side, I think the Chinese President now takes President Trump a little more serious... Hopefully 59 tomahawk missiles fired within hours of an illegal use of WOMD is pretty clear they need to control their toddler neighbor or we will do it for them.

In other news, the Gorsuch situation is pretty interesting as well, using the "nuclear option" to get him confirmed. Are there not two judges about ready to step down within Trumps administrator in power? Things could get very interesting...