Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by Boblob801 »

Just thought I'd let you know that it's already been decided and Trump is the next president. Don't freak out though, they're not letting him do anything stupid (sorry no wall) war is still on the table at this stage, and the whole kicking all the immigrants out isn't too hard core, just improved immigration laws. Don't freak, you'll be gem 'murica.
Hi
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Ya, and he won the debate again. Derp.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Everyone is freaking out about what's going to happen when either of them win, but what will actually happen? Obviously at this point everyone is thinking worst case scenario. Both of them are out of their minds, clearly. I don't pay attention to the debates, but from what I've seen from both of them it's like a high school fight, Trump being sexist, racist, and saying "Wall" and "China" :lol: while Hilary calls him out on all of it :lol: but realistically what do either of them plan to do if they win?
TeamHavocRacing

Pay attention to the debates, find out for yourself and don't depend on the opinion or interpretation of a 3rd party, Facebook, Twitter or some shit. Especially not from here.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Pay attention to the debates, find out for yourself and don't depend on the opinion or interpretation of a 3rd party, Facebook, Twitter or some shit. Especially not from here.
Who said I was?
m121c

Post by m121c »

What presidential election didn't have cheap shots and high school like drama? I find it hilarious when Hillary says she's been focus on the issues all campaign while Trump has been running a campaign built on insults. She literally funded a multi-million dollar commercial campaign that only insults Trump... Does she even hear her own bullshit? :lol:

Also kinda chuckled when she said that she didn't want to put miners out of business, she wanted to tax cut the middle class, and the fact she kept padding herself on the back for helping get "90% of America healthcare". Ya... you got us all healthcare by making it lawfully mandatory and forcing us into overly priced federal healthcare monopoly. What an accomplishment!

Believe it or not, they both have idea's and plans on what they want to do in the presidency, you just have to do your own research and weed out all the biased media bullshit. Remember, what they want to do and what can actually get done/changed are two different things, we have a system.

Tax plans:
Hillary: http://taxfoundation.org/sites/default/ ... -FF496.pdf
Trump: http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfound ... FINAL3.pdf
*As of January 2016

Summary:
Hillary - Higher taxes (for all but more so the wealthy), decrease in income after taxes, increase in federal revenue
Trump - Lower taxes, significant increase in income after taxes for individuals, large decrease in federal revenue, expansion of economy

Hillary's issues:
- Wage Gap
- Systematic Racism
- Open borders, amnesty, and increase in refugee's (a surge is more like it)
- Universal healthcare (fed. control)
- Debt-free (tax payer) College tuition
- Gun control (I would argue unconstitutional gun control, but that can be a debatable point)

Things to keep in mind: She has expressed she likes the Australian buy back program, has stressed a liking in government provided healthcare, government provided college.

My feelings: wage gap, "equality", and systematic racism are myths. That's just my opinion, I don't think they are real issues, just more of a reason for more legislation and control of your lives. I hate the idea of "free" healthcare and college. I do, as does everyone else, want it to be more affordable for all and allow every American to have the opportunity to obtain both but I don't like the idea of our tax money doing so. I absolutely believe in the 2nd amendment and call me a conspirator, but I honestly believe the libs want to put in the motion the establishment of our 2nd amendment.

Trumps issues:
- Tougher immigration policy (and a hold on immigration of those from threatening countries of which we can't vet properly.)
- Physical southern border (The wall!)
- Negotiate better trade deals
- Abolish Obama care and reform healthcare into a competitive market
- Taking care of our veterans, police force, stronger military
- 2nd amendment protection

Things to keep in mind: Trump has expressed he like the idea of a national registry (that's a no no if you like the 2nd amendment), he has said in the past of a mass deportation of illegals. (I believe this was misinterpreted, but I'm trying to be as transparent as possible).

My feelings: My conservative views are more on par with Trumps policies than Hillary. Seeing the tax rate for a self-employed person, it's absolutely ridiculous, and I can see why so many small businesses fail.

An important thing to note is the cabinet that will be formed for each administration and the supreme court judge they will appoint. Hillary has a history of putting pay for play businessmen into government positions.. that worry's me. Our country shouldn't go to the highest bidder. http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politics/ ... -fernando/

Of course this all my subjective opinion based on my observations throughout the election.

A good start is their campaign sites:
https://www.hillaryclinton.com
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Pay attention to the debates, find out for yourself and don't depend on the opinion or interpretation of a 3rd party, Facebook, Twitter or some shit. Especially not from here.
Lol. Take it from the old timer, he has wisdom 100 of years beyond our comprehension!
TeamHavocRacing

You've never voted for anyone yet. Wait a couple election cycles before you get all excited for your candidate. I'd like to hear Trump one time specifically say what his plan is. All he does is describe the "disaster" and moves on with no solution. He can never directly answer a question. He tries to and halfway through repeating a buzzword over and over (China) he goes fully off-topic and talks about some completely unrelated thing while never addressing the original question. You don't have to type out a whole page to pump up your boy. He just keeps digging his own grave with his sound bites. He actually did better during this debate and he even rattled her cage a bit, but he doesn't prepare enough to really stay on topic and answer the question asked. I'm surprised Fox doesn't get any of the Presidential debates. Too bad, because then you'd really see the hosts attacking.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Are you talking to me or Mason, Havoc? I'm 23, I've voted before.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Supreme court justices...That is what this election is really about. I think Trump will pick more conservatively so he is who I will vote for. Since I am in California it isn't really going to do much but if Hillary wins I can complain about it at least.

I didn't watch the whole 2nd debate but from the 45 minutes or so I watched it seemed like Trump did a lot better than the first debate. I wish that he would practice more and have some coaching (like not interrupting her over and over) but it is what it is. I think he could be a good advocate for trying to lower the national debt but that is only speculation. His tax plan is never going to get implemented, in reality it should be somewhere between the two plans. I think that taxes should be lower for up to $1M and raised slightly above $1M. I would like to see the tax code simplified significantly but we will never see that, billionaire/millionaire donors and special interests love their deductions. That in itself would increase tax revenue without actually raising rates.

It is amazing that of all the people in this country we ended up with these two idiots as our final choices.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

m121c wrote:I hate the idea of "free" healthcare and college. I do, as does everyone else, want it to be more affordable for all and allow every American to have the opportunity to obtain both but I don't like the idea of our tax money doing so.
Just for the record, it's cheaper that way. For example, unless you earn a shit ton more than everyone else odds are some rich dude who owns walmart will pay for 70% of your healthcare, school etc(he pays the most tax). If you plan on going to college and getting sick, you'd be better off paying for it with tax.
Hi
TeamHavocRacing

I love how the right fights so much for less taxes, but they don't realize they're shooting themselves in the foot since the tax breaks go to earners of $250,000 a year or more. I highly doubt any of you fit that bracket or wouldn't admit it. States providing tax breaks to attract business has also killed our economy.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

SMR 510RR wrote:It is amazing that of all the people in this country we ended up with these two idiots as our final choices.
I think we can all at least agree on this. If that isn't emblematic of a "there's your problem" moment, I don't know what is.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
m121c

Post by m121c »

Boblob801 wrote:
m121c wrote:I hate the idea of "free" healthcare and college. I do, as does everyone else, want it to be more affordable for all and allow every American to have the opportunity to obtain both but I don't like the idea of our tax money doing so.
Just for the record, it's cheaper that way. For example, unless you earn a shit ton more than everyone else odds are some rich dude who owns walmart will pay for 70% of your healthcare, school etc(he pays the most tax). If you plan on going to college and getting sick, you'd be better off paying for it with tax.
He pays the most dollar amount in tax, but compare his income after taxes compared to an average middle class individual, and you quickly see the difference of who it burdens.

I would rather pay more to be an individual, then be told by the government what my healthcare plan is, what college I can go to, how funded our schools/hospitals are, etc. the day they provide something to you, is the day they control it.

Governments are terribly inefficient greedy messes.
TeamHavocRacing

Unless some kind of groundswell occurs and suddenly boosts the numbers for Trump, then it looks like he'll lose the election. He could probably get a favor from his buddy Putin and be president of the republic of Whitetrashistan.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Ah right, have to be white trash to support trump right.. Pretty bigoted statement. Not really suprising.

Trump will not lose the popular vote in my opinion, the electoral votes.. They'll fall how they want them to fall.

Leave the conspiracies up to the right, they atleast make a convincing arguement. This Russia and Putin BS is pretty comical.