2016 MXON Team USA

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2016 MXON Team USA

Post by Phathry25 »

Does anyone hate America more than the British?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Drawing 30th gate pick wasn't bad luck.
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

Belgium had 31st and Netherlands had 32nd and Herlings still ripped the holeshot from the outside so I don't think gate pick was really an issue. Kudos to the Americans giving their all, they really pour their heart into this. Also Febvre found an extra gear and JvH was awesome on the 250.

There were some weird results were France, Netherlands and Belgium with really low scores all had their third rider with 2 high scores and USA being consistent only not finding theirselves in the top 3 before moto 2.

Can't wait till next year although every Europe country is gonna fight for second place.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Kaven Benoit. What a legend
cmv950
Team: Privateer

Post by cmv950 »

Was so awesome to see Anderson win one, can't believe what bad luck he had with getting landed on. Our whole team usa had horrible, abysmal luck as a whole. To go through all that and only come up 4 points short, we would have easily come away with it with some better luck.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Phathry25 wrote:Does anyone hate America more than the British?
Does anyone cry more than the Americans?
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

The dream team was Carmichael, Pastrana, and Hughes
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

BuddyTheElf wrote:The race track is still live whether you have just won the race or not, rolling the jump just makes it dangerous for everyone. If the lapper had rolled the jump behind Anderson he's then putting himself in a position where he could be landed on by the next guy behind him. Herlings and 30+ other guys are still charging for the line and important finishing positions.
Let's take a look at that...
ImageImageImage
It took JA at little over 2.6s to roll over the line, celebrating his awesome ride, before Notsuka crossed the line. "Herlings and 30+ other guys" were a full 3.5s back of Notsuka, and he wouldn't be rolling it with fists pumping in celebration, so that doesn't really hold up. That's not even the point, though. If you plainly see a guy roll the finish line who has just lapped you, right in front of your eyes, you don't jump. If your so fearful for your life as is implied by this line of argument - that if you don't jump it, you're going to be landed on - you still don't freakin jump it knowing full and well a guy who won just rolled over the lip. "Well, how would he have known that JA was going to slowly across it?" Ever watched anyone roll over the finishline after a win? Are they speeding across it, or do they generally take their time and do a bit of celebration?

Which leads to the other reason JA getting landed on is his own fault:
BuddyTheElf wrote:If you're going to roll the finish line jump at least do it off the racing line, certainly don't do it on the 1m wide sweet spot where every single person was landing. Pure ignorance to blame the lapper in this situation in my opinion. I'd have to say that it was just an unfortunate racing incident but the whole thing would have been a non issue if Anderson had pulled a fat one handed whip over the finish like every other race winner.
Watch @ 4:02, just to debunk the mythical idea that rolling the finish after a win is some taboo act of stupidity.

Yes, there are obviously differences between the video and the jump this year, but every fan of moto who has watched races/seasons knows rolling the finish line isn't some uncommon act.

Look, I'm not saying that this guy intentionally jumped on JA, but to imply it's JA's fault is insane. Us internet hero's can bitch about this till the end of time, but ultimately it seems this is a matter of opinion, though that is confounding to me. Guess I will just rely on the professionals who were at the race to properly inform my opinion - that De Coster guy seems to know what he's talking about most times, so forget what I've said here, I think I'll just take his word for it.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I'd like to go on an edge and call this out to be 100% Anderson's fault. He was on the tabletop for 4s before he got landed on. He just seemed to go extremely slow, slower than I've ever seen someone ride after a finish line jump. Personally I've always hated people doing such things, just jump the jump, how hard is it, you've already done it 50+ times in practice and such. The only time that could be reasonable to me is if you are battling (mainly in SX) and just don't have enough speed to clear it because you banged bars or just cut down weirdly.... Sucks that it happened either way.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Watch this video of it. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKyO3__A2Af ... y=insidemx

Notsuka is battling with Alvin Ostlund right behind him. Both riders jump the finish. I'm certain that the height of the takeoff plus the dip in the middle of the jump and the fact that Anderson was a few seconds in front of Notsuka meant that Notsuka had absolutely no idea he was going to be there. You can't expect all the riders to roll the finish line on the off chance that someone might be sat on the landing hidden from view. The track is still live and people are still racing.
Even though those riders are a lap down their results are still important for the overall classification, to give an example... Cairoli lapped Blake Baggett at the 2012 MXoN and Herlings lapped Barcia in the next race. Baggett finished 14th and Barcia also finished 14th. This meant that even though they both got lapped one of their 14 point scores was still used for their team overall classification to help them get on the podium.

If Notsuka and Ostlund both rolled the finish it may have meant that Herlings and other riders behind him may also have had to roll it, leading to a ridiculous chain reaction of everyone rolling the finish even though they may be in a tight battle. Anderson could have jumped it with no effort at all and celebrated afterwards when he's off the track that people are still racing on. I'm not saying that Notsuka chose between landing on or being landed on but you can't can't put all the blame on him, he was unsighted.

I'm well aware that people have rolled finish lines before but the jump that Anderson did it on had a much bigger blind spot than the example that you provided from last year, regardless, rolling the finish line of a live race track is stupid and dangerous and it's just lucky for everyone that Notsuka was not injured in the incident and Anderson only had minor injuries. Race organisers and governing bodies need to look at this incident and introduce rules and punishments for rolling the finish in this type of situation because that is unsafe conduct and put's everyone's safety at risk.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Can anyone blaming Anderson name a form of racing where it is the leading racers responsibility to not get hit from behind? Or any type of driving for that matter?
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Phathry wins
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Phathry25 wrote:Can anyone blaming Anderson name a form of racing where it is the leading racers responsibility to not get hit from behind? Or any type of driving for that matter?
Derby?
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

As a Canadian, i was cheering soo bad for Benoit (he lives 1 hour from me, ive seen him ride since he was on 65 cc!) I cant wait for next year where we will have a better team (Benoit - Facciotti - Thompson or Wright)

As far as team USA (that I consider my team as well since i been watching AMA mx and sx for ever) I cant wait for next year also where we might have a ''dream'' team !

(Dungey - Tomac - (webb (return on mx2 for MXON/ Forkner / Jmart) for the MX2...) what a team !!
nickuzick wrote:Kaven Benoit. What a legend
Phil Doyon #423
Anchor_b
Team: Splitfire

Post by Anchor_b »

Phathry25 wrote:Can anyone blaming Anderson name a form of racing where it is the leading racers responsibility to not get hit from behind? Or any type of driving for that matter?
Obviously motocross according to some people.