2016 MXON Team USA

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
AshuraMX
Team: BPC

2016 MXON Team USA

Post by AshuraMX »

With Dungey being out and Tomato declining the race it gets interesting on what riders team USA will have for this year's MXON. In my opinion Webb is a must have for team USA and he can ride the 450 amongst the top in the world so there is a chance that we might even through him in as the mxgp premier rider. If we find someone else like a Barcia, Short, or someone else then Webb would be our open rider. As for our MX2 rider there is the choice of savatgy or a Martin, possible Plessinger or even as far aso Forkner.
What do you guys think? And if theyou announce the team today then what do you think of it and the United States chamces this year.
yes
AshuraMX

Re: 2016 MXON Team USA

Post by AshuraMX »

TOMAC***** not tomato haha
yes
Nick#126
Team: Privateer

Post by Nick#126 »

They announced the team today at Unadilla, Webb (Mx1), A Mart (Mx2) and Anderson (Open).
Nick van Gerwen
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

no chance against france
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Can thank being forced to do these for Tomac not racing.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
AshuraMX

Post by AshuraMX »

Anderson is goingoing to be very interesting he has high speed hopefully he pulls it together for the race. I think
France will win but hopefully we mix it up
yes
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think Anderson's aggressive style isn't going to work in Europe. He can do it to guys over here and get away with it, but there's Euros like Stuart Edmonds or Ken DeDycker that don't give a fuck who he is and will take him out.
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

Ddavis wrote:I think Anderson's aggressive style isn't going to work in Europe. He can do it to guys over here and get away with it, but there's Euros like Stuart Edmonds or Ken DeDycker that don't give a fuck who he is and will take him out.
But DeDycker isnt racing :roll:
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

It starts to look good for team Belgium though...
Because France, with the injury of Ferrandis, and Paulin not being in shape isn't that strong either. It sucks though, such a great event and so many top riders aren't in.

BTW, Tomac and Roczen lost my respect. Roczen is below the level of my ankles even... That's already the 2nd time he says no. And the excuse of team Germany not being good enough for a good result is complete bullshit.
Him, Nagl and Hsu in this field might even go for the win. And back in Lommel when they won they rode with Marcus Schiffer ... that dude didn't even rode the World championship that year but he totally nailed it that day.

Heck, it's a team event, anything can happen. Team belgium even got a 5th in 2011 after we had so many injured riders we had to sent a guy who had a full time job as mail man... And because of the late call he decided even to stick with his stock Honda because he was used to that bike. And one week wouldn't have been enough to get used to the (back then) well prepared LS Honda GP bike. So Roczen isn't only a coward with no respect for his country and the sport, but also a stupid one who can't even come up with a reasonable excuse...
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

jonracer594 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:I think Anderson's aggressive style isn't going to work in Europe. He can do it to guys over here and get away with it, but there's Euros like Stuart Edmonds or Ken DeDycker that don't give a fuck who he is and will take him out.
You're an idiot. DeDycker isn't racing but he's an example of someone who doesn't give a fuck, hence if you aren't 12 you'd remember Barcia getting cleaned out by DeDycker at Lommel I believe.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Ddavis wrote:
jonracer594 wrote:
You're an idiot. DeDycker isn't racing but he's an example of someone who doesn't give a fuck, hence if you aren't 12 you'd remember Barcia getting cleaned out by ran into's DeDycker rear tyre at Lommel I believe.
Corrected that for you :lol: :lol: :lol:
The big lad just took his "usual" line haha.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

Team is very capable.

Webb would run up front as we saw in Ernee last year. I don't think Webb will be faster than Febvre and Gajser, Herlings and maybe Cairoli if he has a good day but he should have guys like Desalle, Strijbos, Coldenhoff etc covered.

A Mart I don't know where to place him. He has some good speed this year in the AMA outdoors but I don't think he has Anstie or Seewer kinda speed at a track like Maggiora. He is also really inconsistent and doesn't get a lot of good starts but he should be faster than guys like Bogers, Paturel etc.

Anderson is make or break, He either gets a good start and gets a solid top 10 maybe top 5 notice or he will be all over the place.

The thing is though, Gajser has a big chance to win the MX1 class, but his team mates aren't capable enough to ride top 20. Herlings has also a big chance to win the MX3 class, but Bogers and Coldenhoff has to have everything clicking in order to run up front. Cairoli could run up front but there is no 2nd and 3rd Italian rider that is fast enough for the W

It's either France, Belgium or USA that (on paper) can be most consistent. But also Belgium and France have inconsistent riders this year (Desalle and Paulin for example)
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

Nobody has a chance against Gaiser in mx1, if herlings races nobody has a chance in mx2 and in open no idea who could take it
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

rmzracer92 wrote:no chance against france
I'm french, but trust me, USA gonna win imo, France gonna race with Paturel (never won a moto in GP MX2...), Paulin (slow as fuck atm), and Febvre (the only one good atm). In my opinion, France can't win with these guys (Paulin/Paturel), USA gonna win
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:
rmzracer92 wrote:no chance against france
I'm french, but trust me, USA gonna win imo, France gonna race with Paturel (never won a moto in GP MX2...), Paulin (slow as fuck atm), and Febvre (the only one good atm). In my opinion, France can't win with these guys (Paulin/Paturel), USA gonna win
Paturel might not have a GP win but he is consistently at the top. If it wasnt on a sand track I´d value Paturel highly.
Paulin on the other hand had the capacity but too many injuries. He was "slow" last year as well but they won anyway.

Anyone know why Musquin isnt going? It must be Marvin personally opting out of it I suppose since he is miles better than Paulin right now. He couldnt even go on a 250 and kick ass.

About USA. Webb was a given and he´ll do great. A-mart is a wierd pick for me Sure he is fast but he is a bit unreliable and doesnt have the same experience riding at the top. I´d put Jeremy on the 250 without a doubt. If the can gamble with Anderson then why not with the 2 time champ with tons of experience? Thats is beyond me. Anderson is ok-ish I suppose. Someone more stable would have been better but frankly without Tomac going thre isnt a clear choice for the 450. Barcia is meh atm even if he is on his way up again. Anderson is injured and he has never been a rocket outdoors anyway. He is also way too aggressive for MXoN. ;)