2016 MXON Team USA

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Re: 2016 MXON Team USA

Post by MOTOZ293 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:(Dungey - Tomac - (webb (return on mx2 for MXON/ Forkner / Jmart) for the MX2...)
Tomac wont race it, probably for the same reason as this year. He said there is too much racing in one year in an interview with RacerX. It will more than likley be Dungey, Webb, and Forkner. But its way too soon to tell
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Monster forced Tomac to do both the USGPs, wanted him to do the MXoN, then race the SMX AND Monster Cup, then train for SX. He said nah... it's a bummer they don't decide what to race and Monster decides for them.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Ddavis wrote:Monster forced Tomac to do both the USGPs, wanted him to do the MXoN, then race the SMX AND Monster Cup, then train for SX. He said nah... it's a bummer they don't decide what to race and Monster decides for them.
Sounds like Tomac decided not to race. Not sure where monster is making decisions for him?
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Maybe yes, Maybe no... but Webb will have one year under the belt = just as fast and get better starts that ET3... so it lets Forkner or Jmart for the 250 spot .. still not bad with Dungey !!
MOTOZ293 wrote:
RXR_Banjo wrote:(Dungey - Tomac - (webb (return on mx2 for MXON/ Forkner / Jmart) for the MX2...)
Tomac wont race it, probably for the same reason as this year. He said there is too much racing in one year in an interview with RacerX. It will more than likley be Dungey, Webb, and Forkner. But its way too soon to tell
Phil Doyon #423
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Phathry25 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Monster forced Tomac to do both the USGPs, wanted him to do the MXoN, then race the SMX AND Monster Cup, then train for SX. He said nah... it's a bummer they don't decide what to race and Monster decides for them.
Sounds like Tomac decided not to race. Not sure where monster is making decisions for him?
Tomac didn't have a choice when it came to racing the USGPs, SMX, and MEC. He opted out of the MXoN, not sure why he was allowed to pull out of the MXoN and not one of the other events, but I'm going off what I've heard.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

My brother was out of town most of the weekend and since I paid for the MXGP-TV program, I showed him the motos with the cable so it was on his TV. Watching him react to Anderson getting landed on was priceless. As Anderson rolled it he said "Oh look at Anderson about to get landed on" (sarcastically not realizing what was about to happen) then BOOM he jumps up and yells "What the fuck!!!!!!!!!!"
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Ddavis wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:
Tomac didn't have a choice when it came to racing the USGPs, SMX, and MEC. He opted out of the MXoN, not sure why he was allowed to pull out of the MXoN and not one of the other events, but I'm going off what I've heard.
Didn't realize he was doing SMX. Makes more sense now. I'm guessing he told Roger not to pick him, Monster can't force him to race in a race he's not invited to.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Phathry25 wrote:Can anyone blaming Anderson name a form of racing where it is the leading racers responsibility to not get hit from behind? Or any type of driving for that matter?
It's pretty obvious that you don't just park it straight after the finish line. How often do you see Lewis Hamilton or Valentino Rossi etc slow down to walking speed on the racing line immediately after the finish line? Never. Sure, they slow down and celebrate but they move over off the racing line and certainly don't do it at such a slow speed and they're not hidden by a blind obstacle either. There's still a race going on for fuck sake and you're sat right in the way on a completely blind jump. How can you guys not comprehend that?

If I'm driving a car on a road and you're driving further up the road but still in my view and there's a blind corner and I come round it and you're parked immediately after the blind corner and I hit you, is that my fault or yours? It's your fault because you parked on a blind corner where no one else would be able to see you until it's too late. Using your logic it's my responsibility to slow down to almost a stop on the off chance that you'd stopped.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

BuddyTheElf wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:Using your logic it's my responsibility to slow down to almost a stop on the off chance that you'd stopped.
Why would you be speeding like a dumbass around a blind corner?
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
m121c

Post by m121c »

I would have thought being lapped, mechanic area going nuts, Anderson fist pumping down the straight, and the flames off the finish structure would be good indication that the race was over...

You can't blame it on either, it was an accident, but if you ask me the Jap dude wasn't being very aware, bad judgment.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

m121c wrote:I would have thought being lapped, mechanic area going nuts, Anderson fist pumping down the straight, and the flames off the finish structure would be good indication that the race was over...
Well said Adam Wheeler :D (assuming you listed to MXdN Pit-Pod)

And needless to say, I agree, but what do we know?
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:but what do we know?
Most of us have common sense.
ktm2219

Post by ktm2219 »

nickuzick wrote:Kaven Benoit. What a legend
Canada!!!!
Trevor Doiron
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Benoit did awesome for Canada! Imagine next year with Facciotti, Benoit, and wheover else is Canadian and fast up there :lol:
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

m121c wrote:I would have thought being lapped, mechanic area going nuts, Anderson fist pumping down the straight, and the flames off the finish structure would be good indication that the race was over...

You can't blame it on either, it was an accident, but if you ask me the Jap dude wasn't being very aware, bad judgment.
The race wasn't over. Anderson had just won but the race certainly wasn't over. See my previous posts about lapped rider scores still being important for the overall classification. Anyway, I'm sure the Japanese rider knew that Anderson had just won but wouldn't have expected him to roll the jump.

Personally I don't think it was bad judgement from the Japanese rider. The Swedish rider right behind him also jumped it and he'd obviously just had blue flags and been lapped by Anderson as well. The fact that both of them jumped it tells me that neither of them knew or expected Anderson to be rolling it like he did. Anderson was far enough ahead of them both that he was up and over the lip before they'd even reached the corner, they were still racing and concentrating on their lines and rightly so, the track is still live. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKyO3__A2Af ... y=insidemx

Racing incident for sure but bonehead decision from Anderson given the circumstances of the jump being blind and after a corner.