Monster Energy Cup

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Monster Energy Cup

Post by Wahlamt »

This is about 3 weeks away now, can only say I'm really looking forward to this!

Besides the track having the cool start (and dangerous..?), bet it's going to be competitive! Hope that Roczen shows the speed he has since the end of SX, Tomac is probably more comfortable on his Kawi after a year on it, Dungey's hopefully healed up. Musquin will probably be one of the top picks too! Then we have the whole bunch of other fast guys: Canard, Anderson, Wilson, Weimer, Barcia, Peick, Brayton and so on. Also going to be really interesting to see where Gajser stacks up, probably rather good.

On another note, is there going to be a stream of this somewhere, that may or may not be free?

VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Re: Monster Energy Cup

Post by VUSTTOS »

Yeah, really looking forward to this.
As you said, will be interesting to see where Roczen is with his new Honda but let's remember what happened in MEC 2015. Roczen was clearly the best and then look how he strugled during the first Rounds of Supecross.

I'm pretty sure Anderson won't be racing. He un signed up from SMX and so, from MEC I would say.

Ferrandis is another guy that told that his plan was to race MEC this year. Is he now ok after his injury? Would be cool to see where he is too. He definitly has enough skills to be a TOP 10 guy and fighting for podiums if he trully work his butt off.

What I really want is Gasjer doing well in MEC. I wan't him to race in the USA in 2018. -Yeah, a 2017 season with him aboard the GP's can be interesting af-

Canard and Wilson still haven't got a bike. Or am I wrong? If Wilson moves to BTO would be interesting to see how he does without all that presion of being in a Factory team.
We all know how Canard is. I can't wait to see him on KTM and hoppefully end 2 season without any injury.

What I am really looking forward is to see Brian Hsu racing over there. If I'm not wrong, he should be on Suzuki's 250 Factory team. This guys has a lot of talent. Brayton knows this really good as he was impressed with Hsu during some 2015 off season Supercross races here in Europe.

Cooper Webb should do good too. Probably first Supercross race on 450 and with that and the stupid crash he had during the MXON, he has to be angry as hell to win ASAP.

What am also interesting to see is how SMX works out. Should be good but (if track is easy) Then if it's 80% Supecross, Dungey will kick some ass and europeans will have anything to say.

BRING ON OCTOBER!

MX Simulator of Nations
SuperMotocross
Monster Energy Cup
Red bull Straight Rythm
Alex V111#1017
Dawson24
Team: Vital MX Honda

Post by Dawson24 »

VUSTTOS wrote:Yeah, really looking forward to this.
As you said, will be interesting to see where Roczen is with his new Honda but let's remember what happened in MEC 2015. Roczen was clearly the best and then look how he strugled during the first Rounds of Supecross.

I'm pretty sure Anderson won't be racing. He un signed up from SMX and so, from MEC I would say.

Ferrandis is another guy that told that his plan was to race MEC this year. Is he now ok after his injury? Would be cool to see where he is too. He definitly has enough skills to be a TOP 10 guy and fighting for podiums if he trully work his butt off.

What I really want is Gasjer doing well in MEC. I wan't him to race in the USA in 2018. -Yeah, a 2017 season with him aboard the GP's can be interesting af-

Canard and Wilson still haven't got a bike. Or am I wrong? If Wilson moves to BTO would be interesting to see how he does without all that presion of being in a Factory team.
We all know how Canard is. I can't wait to see him on KTM and hoppefully end 2 season without any injury.

What I am really looking forward is to see Brian Hsu racing over there. If I'm not wrong, he should be on Suzuki's 250 Factory team. This guys has a lot of talent. Brayton knows this really good as he was impressed with Hsu during some 2015 off season Supercross races here in Europe.

Cooper Webb should do good too. Probably first Supercross race on 450 and with that and the stupid crash he had during the MXON, he has to be angry as hell to win ASAP.

What am also interesting to see is how SMX works out. Should be good but (if track is easy) Then if it's 80% Supecross, Dungey will kick some ass and europeans will have anything to say.

BRING ON OCTOBER!

MX Simulator of Nations
SuperMotocross
Monster Energy Cup
Red bull Straight Rythm
Canard's been testing the KTM for a while now, but Wilson hasn't had any time on whatever his new bike will be considering he was still in talks with a few teams this past week (and he just got off of the KTM a little over a week ago). Also, Wilson won't be on BTO KTM (which will now be RM ATV/MC KTM), because they already have Millsaps, Bloss, and Baggett locked in for next year. As far as Brayton goes, he won't be racing MEC since it conflicts with a round of the Australian Supercross Championship.
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

VUSTTOS wrote:What am also interesting to see is how SMX works out. Should be good but (if track is easy) Then if it's 80% Supecross, Dungey will kick some ass and europeans will have anything to say.
Yeah I am also interested in the SMX, I really hope its worth the 200 euro my stephfather and I had to pay for 2 tickets.. And does anybody know what Husqvarna is going to do since Anderson and Nagl are injured? They would only have one rider atm
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

I think Covington and Charlier, don't quote me on that. Also I don't think this will be a big year for monster cup with the silly season going on and all but who knows I just hope we don't see Dungey win a million.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Dawson24

Post by Dawson24 »

Cody Darr wrote:I think Covington and Charlier, don't quote me on that. Also I don't think this will be a big year for monster cup with the silly season going on and all but who knows I just hope we don't see Dungey win a million.
Yeah, it's Covington and Charlier.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Hope no one tangles bars halfway down that start straight, they're probably gonna be close to tapped on it. Nice to see it's longer so it'll have decent lap times. Should try to do some other stuff with the layout though, didn't they have wall jumps in sand coming back into the stadium last year? At least flip the track direction around so it doesn't look so similar or something :lol:.

I guess this isn't really related but has anyone heard the rumors of having an even longer SX series? We have enough SX, sucks to see everything moving towards that instead of MX (SMX, MEC, Straight rhythm). And what would outdoors do then, be forced to lose rounds because of what an unrelated series does? Teams need to start saying screw you guys to the promotors and sponsors about some of this stuff. People always say the money is in SX. So what's the reason SX brings in more money? Just rando people that would sit in a stadium rather than walking in dirt at an outdoor? There's tons more room outdoors for sponsor billboards and stuff if that's the argument.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

jonracer594 wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:What am also interesting to see is how SMX works out. Should be good but (if track is easy) Then if it's 80% Supecross, Dungey will kick some ass and europeans will have anything to say.
Yeah I am also interested in the SMX, I really hope its worth the 200 euro my stephfather and I had to pay for 2 tickets.. And does anybody know what Husqvarna is going to do since Anderson and Nagl are injured? They would only have one rider atm
200 Euros for 2 tickets. 100 for each one. I guess you bought the VIP ones (?).
Here in Talavera the normal ticket was 55 + 10 for paddock acces. Both days.

Husqvarna will have Zach Osborbe, Thomas Covington and Christophe Charlier. Joker rider has to be announced yet.

PS: Spaniard teen Jorge Prado will be the Joker for KTM.

Hope you have fun Jon and let us know how good the event is.
Alex V111#1017
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

yzmxer608 wrote:Hope no one tangles bars halfway down that start straight, they're probably gonna be close to tapped on it. Nice to see it's longer so it'll have decent lap times.
When they showed it last year, I would like to remember the start turn being immediately when they came down? Am I wrong or did the layout change? Going to be both interesting and dangerous :shock: 8)
yzmxer608 wrote:I guess this isn't really related but has anyone heard the rumors of having an even longer SX series? We have enough SX, sucks to see everything moving towards that instead of MX (SMX, MEC, Straight rhythm). And what would outdoors do then, be forced to lose rounds because of what an unrelated series does? Teams need to start saying screw you guys to the promotors and sponsors about some of this stuff. People always say the money is in SX. So what's the reason SX brings in more money? Just rando people that would sit in a stadium rather than walking in dirt at an outdoor? There's tons more room outdoors for sponsor billboards and stuff if that's the argument.
Longer SX? Isn't 17 rounds enough, is 20 on the line? Wasn't the MX seasons longer a few year back. Remember seeing a schedule from not that long ago and it looked like 17 rounds and I was really surprised. Thought it was always 12 rounds...
Dawson24

Post by Dawson24 »

Wahlamt wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Hope no one tangles bars halfway down that start straight, they're probably gonna be close to tapped on it. Nice to see it's longer so it'll have decent lap times.
When they showed it last year, I would like to remember the start turn being immediately when they came down? Am I wrong or did the layout change? Going to be both interesting and dangerous :shock: 8)
yzmxer608 wrote:I guess this isn't really related but has anyone heard the rumors of having an even longer SX series? We have enough SX, sucks to see everything moving towards that instead of MX (SMX, MEC, Straight rhythm). And what would outdoors do then, be forced to lose rounds because of what an unrelated series does? Teams need to start saying screw you guys to the promotors and sponsors about some of this stuff. People always say the money is in SX. So what's the reason SX brings in more money? Just rando people that would sit in a stadium rather than walking in dirt at an outdoor? There's tons more room outdoors for sponsor billboards and stuff if that's the argument.
Longer SX? Isn't 17 rounds enough, is 20 on the line? Wasn't the MX seasons longer a few year back. Remember seeing a schedule from not that long ago and it looked like 17 rounds and I was really surprised. Thought it was always 12 rounds...
Monster has been pushing for a 22 round Supercross series. And as far as MX goes, it's been 12 rounds for as long as I can remember.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Wahlamt wrote: When they showed it last year, I would like to remember the start turn being immediately when they came down? Am I wrong or did the layout change? Going to be both interesting and dangerous :shock: 8)
The layout did see changes, but the start isn't one of them
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

VUSTTOS wrote:
jonracer594 wrote:
200 Euros for 2 tickets. 100 for each one. I guess you bought the VIP ones (?).
Here in Talavera the normal ticket was 55 + 10 for paddock acces. Both days.

Husqvarna will have Zach Osborbe, Thomas Covington and Christophe Charlier. Joker rider has to be announced yet.

PS: Spaniard teen Jorge Prado will be the Joker for KTM.

Hope you have fun Jon and let us know how good the event is.
Would be sick if it were VIP tickets but it are just regular ones for the trackside tribune
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

yzmxer608 wrote:There's tons more room outdoors for sponsor billboards and stuff if that's the argument.
More space doesn't mean more effective advertising. Stadiums are created with sponsor promotion in mind, but your random acreage in the boonies is not.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Not sure if these guys will stream or not, but posting a link now.. https://livestream.com/accounts/10547286
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

KTM57 wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:There's tons more room outdoors for sponsor billboards and stuff if that's the argument.
More space doesn't mean more effective advertising. Stadiums are created with sponsor promotion in mind, but your random acreage in the boonies is not.
And don't forget that just in General SX is a lot more appealing. The entire evening builds up towards a grand finale, it's a lot cleaner for the fans and closer to the people. You don't have to get out of bed at 6 in the morning on a Sunday (in EU case) to see the first race and in case it rains you're still dry. As a fan you see the entire track, with the same amount of camera's you can bring a lot better coverage indoor than outdoors... And in the summer you have sooooo much competition from all kind of sports while in the winter is SX one of the only motorsports events in the world. Also for sponsors it's a lot more fun since when a rider crosses the finish line all the sponsors are still visible, maybe here and there you'll have some clay sticking around, but that's usually it.

Also, I am an outdoors guy myself, but also if you look just at the raw excitement and close racing ... this year and last year was nearly to cry for outdoors, while indoors it was a lot closer ... Even despite Dungey's ownage.
I can't get my friends watch a 2x 30+2 moto to see who won. But if I show them an SX main event they're glued to the screen...

And to say at least one thing on-topic. I sure do hope nobody gets seriously injured in that start ... One slight elbow hug right before that G-out at the bottom and you're dead.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)