Monster Energy Cup

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Re: Monster Energy Cup

Post by USABMXER1 »

scheeve3 wrote:
KTM57 wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:There's tons more room outdoors for sponsor billboards and stuff if that's the argument.
More space doesn't mean more effective advertising. Stadiums are created with sponsor promotion in mind, but your random acreage in the boonies is not.
And don't forget that just in General SX is a lot more appealing. The entire evening builds up towards a grand finale, it's a lot cleaner for the fans and closer to the people. You don't have to get out of bed at 6 in the morning on a Sunday (in EU case) to see the first race and in case it rains you're still dry. As a fan you see the entire track, with the same amount of camera's you can bring a lot better coverage indoor than outdoors... And in the summer you have sooooo much competition from all kind of sports while in the winter is SX one of the only motorsports events in the world. Also for sponsors it's a lot more fun since when a rider crosses the finish line all the sponsors are still visible, maybe here and there you'll have some clay sticking around, but that's usually it.

Also, I am an outdoors guy myself, but also if you look just at the raw excitement and close racing ... this year and last year was nearly to cry for outdoors, while indoors it was a lot closer ... Even despite Dungey's ownage.
I can't get my friends watch a 2x 30+2 moto to see who won. But if I show them an SX main event they're glued to the screen...

And to say at least one thing on-topic. I sure do hope nobody gets seriously injured in that start ... One slight elbow hug right before that G-out at the bottom and you're dead.
I mean we do have Daytona, and Vegas, and a couple others that you get hit hard with rain when it rains...no roof.
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Wish I was going back this year... Got hired that weekend to go back to Ohio :/
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Is Tim Gajser still racing?
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:Is Tim Gajser still racing?
Yeah
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Is MEC dead? It's one week away and I haven't heard anything about it. No press releases on who's racing or the TV schedule or anything. Weird.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Ddavis wrote:Is MEC dead? It's one week away and I haven't heard anything about it. No press releases on who's racing or the TV schedule or anything. Weird.
I'm sure Monster wants SMX to get some attention
Alex V111#1017
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Ddavis wrote:Is MEC dead? It's one week away and I haven't heard anything about it. No press releases on who's racing or the TV schedule or anything. Weird.
Any words on .... A stream? 8)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

yzmxer608 wrote:Just rando people that would sit in a stadium rather than walking in dirt at an outdoor? There's tons more room outdoors for sponsor billboards and stuff if that's the argument.
I've heard the argument that for an SX, you fly into a city Thursday and gone by Sunday with all the amenities and bright lights of a bustling metropolis. With a natty you're stuck out in BFE for a whole week in the rig with gnarly weather sometimes and less than favorable track conditions in some places. Must be something to that. Are there any guys that just do outdoors and no SX?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

The only guys that might do outdoors and not MX are privateers I would think. The payout for the race is kind of a joke: http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page ... eally-pays. For the amount of money some sponsors give riders, and support from the actual factories our sport is a joke for trying to make money off of it being a non top 5 rider. The promoters have to be making a ton of money off ticket and merchandise sales.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That's quite a price! Out of curiosity, how much does the riders win in a normal SX event?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

Just in case anybody is interested in how the SMX was since some also talked about it here I just want to share my thoughts real quick.

The racing was top,great battels,fast riders and good racing. The organization and the shows were a total flop.
All in all it wasnt worth 220 euro(2 tickets and 1 paddock accet) at all. And I will probably just go to a regular gp next year or save the money for a US trip next year or whenever. And I dont think we will see this event for a long time. the stadium wasnt even half full and it was way too expensive.
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Gajser out for MEC, hurt again his soulder when he crash in SMX Moto 2
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

damn, i was really wanting to see him race. It didnt look like he crashed hard
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

MOTOZ293 wrote:It didnt look like he crashed hard
It doesn't take much, and it was previously injured (thus why he missed MXdN)