2017 Supercross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Re: 2017 Supercross Discussion

Post by JConley691 »

Dunivant25 wrote:Tomac deserved it, I'm out.
Would've loved to have seen Tomac unseat Dungey. Even though he ran Dungey off the track like 3 times I think he definitely should've been even more aggressive out there. I mean it's your FIRST 450 championship that would dethrone an already three-time champion. Fucking go for the killshot! :lol:
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

JConley691 wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:Tomac deserved it, I'm out.
Would've loved to have seen Tomac unseat Dungey. Even though he ran Dungey off the track like 3 times I think he definitely should've been even more aggressive out there. I mean it's your FIRST 450 championship that would dethrone an already three-time champion. Fucking go for the killshot! :lol:
Even if he cleans his clock Dungey had a line of 5 teammates being him that would have pulled over to let him take the title. Good effort by Eli, sadly nothing could be done after last week to save his title.

Honestly, it sucks for the sport. KTM has far too much power in it right now, they flat out attempted to control the outcome of that championship, even if Dungey didn't need the help in the end. That is not good.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Dungey earned that championship by being the fastest consistent guy all 17 rounds. Roczen couldn't do it, Tomac couldn't do, Musquin couldn't do, and Anderson couldn't do it. Dungey can just go faster than any rider on the track every weekend consistently without making mistakes. That's not luck and that's not just an attendance trophy.

Good on him for showing the kids what a respectable champ looks like.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

m121c wrote:Dungey earned that championship by being the fastest consistent guy all 17 rounds. Roczen couldn't do it, Tomac couldn't do, Musquin couldn't do, and Anderson couldn't do it. Dungey can just go faster than any rider on the track every weekend consistently without making mistakes. That's not luck and that's not just an attendance trophy.

Good on him for showing the kids what a respectable champ looks like.
Without the front brake problem at Arlington Tomac wins...I don't think it is quite as simple as you are making it out to be.

Bottom line is that Tomac won 3x more races than Dungey, winning races is the point after all. Hard to swallow getting 2nd in that situation. I wish winning was rewarded more.
ktm2219
Team: Privateer

Post by ktm2219 »

I don't really agree with how to mac was riding I think dungey was riding his best race in a long time when he needed to, for 250's savatgy blew it for himself by not pushing forward

Both main events were still insane in my opinion
Trevor Doiron
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

So it came down to the points 3 points RD5 earned in NJ and the 1 he got from passing Seely in Daytona. Man thats close.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

m121c wrote:Dungey earned that championship by being the fastest consistent guy all 17 rounds. Roczen couldn't do it, Tomac couldn't do, Musquin couldn't do, and Anderson couldn't do it. Dungey can just go faster than any rider on the track every weekend consistently without making mistakes. That's not luck and that's not just an attendance trophy.
I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious ... how can you be the fastest guy the whole season when you've only won 3 races and for Tomac to come back through the pack to pass EVERYONE to get 9 wins this season, ESPECIALLY SALT LAKE, like he made dungey and everyone his bitch that night, he was 20 something points down from dungey, so don't say dungey was the fastest rider, he was the most consistent and got handed yet another title ..
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

137 wrote:[I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious ... how can you be the fastest guy the whole season when you've only won 3 races and for Tomac to come back through the pack to pass EVERYONE to get 9 wins this season, ESPECIALLY SALT LAKE, like he made dungey and everyone his bitch that night, he was 20 something points down from dungey, so don't say dungey was the fastest rider, he was the most consistent and got handed yet another title ..
He said fastest CONSISTENT rider. Meaning that of everyone that had consistent finishes, he had the best consistent finishes. While I think Tomac earned it a HELL of a lot more than Dungey, no credit can be taken away from Dungey excluding East Rutherford's bullfuckery. Musquin should've just taken the W there
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think August brought this up last night, but they never said anything about that being Husqvarna's first SX title. I would have liked to see how Reed would have played in this if he didn't get pushed off track.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Dungey should be glad that he has taken out like one guy ever. Tomac and Co. wanted it done in the cleanest way possible.

It is easy to speculate, but you certainly don't aim to win every week if you can cruise behind light speed Tomac and still win the championship.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
m121c

Post by m121c »

137 wrote:
I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious ... how can you be the fastest guy the whole season when you've only won 3 races and for Tomac to come back through the pack to pass EVERYONE to get 9 wins this season, ESPECIALLY SALT LAKE, like he made dungey and everyone his bitch that night, he was 20 something points down from dungey, so don't say dungey was the fastest rider, he was the most consistent and got handed yet another title ..
Im being serious. No one on the track's consistent week in and week out speed is as fast as Dungey. Was Tomac faster? Ya on most nights, but not EVERY night because he can't push that edge without messing up. If he was that skilled he would have been champ.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

If SX had a "drop worst finish" clause, Tomac wins. Tomac didn't lose that championship, the mechanical he had in Arlington fucked him.

Like I said all year, Tomac didn't need to be top 5 every race to beat Dungey if he won that much. But Arlington was the tell tale.

(Still think Dungey gained a bit of an advantage after Tomac pushed him off before the triple...)
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I wasn't the biggest fan of Osborne this season but East Rutherford was impressive, and Vegas was just downright incredible. Well done, Osborne!
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

The way he got Savatgy for the title win was amazing. I keep replaying Savatgy's bike ghosting out of the corner in my head and smiling. I would've been STOKED to see Smith win the title, but I was extremely happy to see Zacho get it after the rides he has put in this season
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I knew Zach would do that and hoped that he would take them both out and AC take the title.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.