2017 Supercross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2017 Supercross Discussion

Post by Wahlamt »

Yamahaulin wrote:
GHarlan wrote:So is no one going to acknowledge the fact that Savatgy cut the track which gained him like 3 spots?
There was no safe entrance for him to get back into the rhythm so I doubt they will do anything
That's true. Still bugs me that he gained like 10 seconds on that move, but as said, wouldn't have been very safe to enter there.

If that link is correct that he's docked, it will make it really interesting!

Also is team tactics allowed or not?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Wahlamt wrote:Also is team tactics allowed or not?
I can't imagine anything will happen. It will be interesting to see if those 3 points make a difference next week.

Did Tomac hurt himself in practice this week and aggravate an injury when he tipped over? He was overly sketch in practice and the heat, and he sure took his sweet time sitting and staring at his barpad when he picked the bike up.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

Matthes saying Savatgy could be docked back to 8th. Would put Jordon in the points lead. Even if it isn't dished out what a clusterfuck of an evening! I would love to see the TV ratings for this one haha
m121c

Post by m121c »

Pumaxcs wrote:How does it feel to support the guy who has yet to win a title without an asterisks next to it?
I hope this was a troll.

Regardless many people feel that, and I just don't understand how no one can see he earned it just as much as Tomac. RD puts in just as much work as anyone else, and although lacking on wins, sure as hell didn't lack adversity this season just like Tomac. Two weekends in a row of coming from pretty much last to podium? As he has shown time and time again, it takes a much more skilled rider to finish no less than 4th EVERYWEEKEND for years, than it does to win by 15 seconds for a short span and then fall apart.

Dungey dominated ET and KR last year and everyone seems to forget it.

As for team tactics... no shit. They put millions into racing why would you not? Maybe it wasn't? Marv and Dunge are great friends, would you have done the same? I probably would have. Not only that, but when the boss tells you to do something, you do it, can't hate the riders for that. No one seemed to upset when it was Reed messing up the championship with Dungey....... :roll:
patrickv155
Team: Privateer

Post by patrickv155 »

m121c wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:How does it feel to support the guy who has yet to win a title without an asterisks next to it?
I hope this was a troll.

Regardless many people feel that, and I just don't understand how no one can see he earned it just as much as Tomac. RD puts in just as much work as anyone else, and although lacking on wins, sure as hell didn't lack adversity this season just like Tomac. Two weekends in a row of coming from pretty much last to podium? As he has shown time and time again, it takes a much more skilled rider to finish no less than 4th EVERYWEEKEND for years, than it does to win by 15 seconds for a short span and then fall apart.

Dungey dominated ET and KR last year and everyone seems to forget it.

As for team tactics... no shit. They put millions into racing why would you not? Maybe it wasn't? Marv and Dunge are great friends, would you have done the same? I probably would have. Not only that, but when the boss tells you to do something, you do it, can't hate the riders for that. No one seemed to upset when it was Reed messing up the championship with Dungey....... :roll:
I hope this was a troll^
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The argument goes both ways, at the moment Dungey looks so precise with his consistency all year long then pounces at the right moment to take a "clutch" championship performance.

Then you look at it from the other side and Tomac has made him his bitch all season long, and before that Roczen was... all the way back to last summer, then Tomac passes Dungey and gets into 1st, we'll never know if Tomac crashing was inevitable but lets say Tomac survived the opening laps and had a 3+ second lead, would Dungey have reeled him in? It's hard to imagine that he would have since Marvin was trying his hardest to not pass Ryan then finally had to. Given the situation of Eli checking out and Marvin passing Ryan, would he have still let him bye? Who knows, but I still wouldn't say Ryan wins this title with an asterisk. Eli crashed, Eli made the big mistake, Eli failed to get up with any urgency and go into "beast mode". Tomac mentally choked after crashing and looked like the SLC Tomac that gave Roczen the 250 West title. It's unfortunate, but the mental side of racing at this point in the series is just as crucial as the pure winning part of it. It isn't over, but the only way we'll see Tomac win this title is if he goes for a Grant/Malcolm style pass on Ryan, and after the way Eli threw it away this weekend I feel as if he won't go to that level, but you never know, some people get really desperate then it's their last opportunity.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Ddavis wrote:Tomac mentally choked after crashing and looked like the SLC Tomac that gave Roczen the 250 West title.
That was exactly what I wad thinking of, 2nd time he throws away a really solid chance at a title. In SLC, can't remember what the standings were, but Roczen got into the LCQ, down in the 1st turn, still finishes 3rd! If there'd only been 2 more turns to go... Eli has the chance or his life to make up 25 points or close to. Messes up in the main, goes backwards and starts to make up small pieces of ground mid way. Wonder what's causing it :s
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Wahlamt wrote:In SLC, can't remember what the standings were, but Roczen got into the LCQ, down in the 1st turn, still finishes 3rd!
Roczen pulled out of the heat race to "get ready for the LCQ", went down in the first turn, and didn't make the main. Tomac got a good start and started rolling the whoops because he almost went down in them, and ended up 6th. He went into Vegas 5 points down, he won the main while Roczen finished 2nd and won the title.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

ah the internet
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

The same dudes bitching about team tactics here are the same dudes that use spotters and team tactics in MXS, where there aren't millions of dollars at stake. :lol:
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Personally, I don't really care, I'm just shocked. I really never thought KTM would tell Musquin to pull over for Dungey given the amount of times this season that Dungey has had no answer for Marv's speed and ability to run consistently fast lap times using what would normally be seen as slower lines. I figured if KTM was gonna do it, they'd have done it during the 9-11 races that Tomac was always beating Dungey and usually everyone else as well. I honestly hope Tomac finds a way to pull it off next week, because seeing him win so many races and then losing to Dungey is gonna suck. But, then again, you can't win the title in one race, but you can sure as hell lose it in one race
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

mxsrider96 wrote:I honestly hope Tomac finds a way to pull it off next week, because seeing him win so many races and then losing to Dungey is gonna suck. But, then again, you can't win the title in one race, but you can sure as hell lose it in one race
+1. I feel like the points system needs to be tweaked. Not enough reward for winning in my opinion. I know consistency wins championships, but Tomac was CONSISTENTLY winning this year, 9 to Dungey's 3 (If you count this week as a win, not a handout). I understand Tomac placed outside top 5 in 4 races, but still.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

They are going to a chase format next year (like Nascar), from the rumblings I heard. Dungey will retire after Nationals and Musquin will lead the Orange brigade for the next 2 years. I mean Marvin signed a extension in NJ, so you hard not to believe the head honchos at KTM said "Just let Dungey win this year" "The next two years will be all about you then Marvin"
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I've heard rumors about changing to the arenacross format too. Not sure which I'd prefer.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Once again, you kids don't seems to know the realities of politics. In and outside of the beltway. Plus the asterisk bullshit is not valid. Every season somebody gets hurt practicing, first turn at A1, t-boned by Freise, Schmidt or whomever and they crash and get hurt on their own. There will always be an asterisk if you're looking for perfect conditions, perfect health across the gate and no penalties etc. No matter the arguments, this is one of the greatest seasons I've witnessed.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.