2017 Supercross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Atom6246

Re: 2017 Supercross Discussion

Post by Atom6246 »

Ahh there we go thanks Peter :)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

If only all others reacted this way when corrected. What a world that would be!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
beanz43
Team: Privateer

Post by beanz43 »

Amazing ride from Osborne but wasn't too thrilled about him taking Savatgy out. It is what it is though. And honestly Savatgy rode like shit. Maybe he deserved a nice block pass but to completely take him out? I think it was too much. I think he could have cut down further or pushed him wider instead of ramming into him. But what do I know? Maybe that wasn't possible. He was too agressive in my opinion this season but it payed off.

Also want to say Tomac killed his chances of winning the title in East Rutherford..or maybe the race where he crashed after a triple and fucked his bike up. I was pulling for him though. I guess we found out that consistency wins and winning races doesn't.

Pisses me off though so much that people are pissed about Tomac slowing down for Dunge and getting aggressive. He was clean though. The same people complaining about him rubbing with Dunge are the same ones that applaud Osborne for taking out Savatgy. Osborne completely wiped Savatgy out, Tomac just made some block passes and took lines away. I don't get it. At least Tomac was clean with it. If he was really a dirty rider, he would have just cleaned him out. I wish he would have so then the Osborne worshipers would look even more hypocritical. Cuz you know, taking out Dunge is unacceptable but taking out Savatgy is. Makes sense.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

beanz43 wrote:Amazing ride from Osborne but wasn't too thrilled about him taking Savatgy out. It is what it is though. And honestly Savatgy rode like shit. Maybe he deserved a nice block pass but to completely take him out? I think it was too much. I think he could have cut down further or pushed him wider instead of ramming into him. But what do I know? Maybe that wasn't possible. He was too agressive in my opinion this season but it payed off.
You're right.. Last corner of the last lap of the last race of the year for the championship and Osborne should have just cut down and been nice. They don't work their butts off every day to be nice to each other for the championship. They get paid money to win championships and Osborne did what he had to do to get that championship. That was the cleanest take out I've seen in a long time.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

KaseoDip wrote:
beanz43 wrote:Amazing ride from Osborne but wasn't too thrilled about him taking Savatgy out. It is what it is though. And honestly Savatgy rode like shit. Maybe he deserved a nice block pass but to completely take him out? I think it was too much. I think he could have cut down further or pushed him wider instead of ramming into him. But what do I know? Maybe that wasn't possible. He was too agressive in my opinion this season but it payed off.
You're right.. Last corner of the last lap of the last race of the year for the championship and Osborne should have just cut down and been nice. They don't work their butts off every day to be nice to each other for the championship. They get paid money to win championships and Osborne did what he had to do to get that championship. That was the cleanest take out I've seen in a long time.
Yep, that and I swear Savatgy was in la la land daydreaming or something. I don't think he realized that Osborne was able to close the distance and was jut put putting into the finish.

Was a strange situation.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

SMR 510RR wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:
Yep, that and I swear Savatgy was in la la land daydreaming or something. I don't think he realized that Osborne was able to close the distance and was jut put putting into the finish.

Was a strange situation.
Osborne's speed in the 1st set of whoops was insane! Savatgy could have protected the inside more than he did, so he has to blame himself if he has another championship contender going wide open behind him.
TeamHavocRacing

That broken pitboard with the partial word "Champ" says it all. I was on my feet screaming, it didn't matter who was involved, but at that moment it happened to be two VERY relevant participants. This year will go down as a top 5 finale for me.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

wow that is some serious bs... Before you know it banging bars on the start wont be allowed :roll:
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

They say he was in violation because he went off the track, but the gif they posted on RacerX shows him with at least a foot between his bike and the red corner pylon thing. Fucking stupid
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

mxsrider96 wrote:They say he was in violation because he went off the track, but the gif they posted on RacerX shows him with at least a foot between his bike and the red corner pylon thing. Fucking stupid
Disregard this, I don't know how to read apparently
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
GKSracing104
Team: GeforceMX

Post by GKSracing104 »

Look at the Osborne/Savatgy situation this way: Osborne was 20 sec down with not much time left. He charged like no other to cut that gap to nothing and made, as I perceived, a necessary move for the title. Everyone saying it was "dirty" or "overboard" clearly has never been in a racing situation where a pass means that much, especially with a title on the line. I would not think twice about making the move Osborne did. They work their asses off all year, and I believe Savatgy thought he had it in the bag. He could've made a much better line choice in the last section/corner where the incident occurred and paid the price for it. In conclusion, Osborne didn't come all the way to the front from a significant deficite to cut down and let Savatgy win. Moral of the story: The fine is BS, and racing is getting softer just as NFL football has over the past few years. I could fully understand if it was the Alessi/Tickle incident in Atlanta a couple years back (saw it in person) which resulted in a cracked motor case, but a questionable move FOR THE TITLE should go without consequence, IMO.

Alessi/Tickle incident can be seen here for you nephsons that don't know what I'm talking about:
Andy_Hack wrote:I'm honestly not really impressed.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Wow that is some BS. It was a standard block pass Savatgy just wasn't paying attention. There is like 2-3 feet to the top of the berm! It's not like he t-boned him and he could have taken him higher if he wanted.
TeamHavocRacing

Ya, the politics and power plays are getting out of hand. At least it was a barn burner this year!