2017 Supercross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
KTM57

Re: 2017 Supercross Discussion

Post by KTM57 »

InsaneFMX wrote:where would you expect the rider who triples to go? I'd expect the right.
Why?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

KTM57 wrote:Why?
Why not?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

If someone jumps to the right in front of me, the last place I am jumping is the direction in which they are landing.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Tough situation, you can't blame anyone there. Something happened and Cody Gilmore rolled the triple, Colton checked up and doubled to the right. From Kyle White's perspective, he probably didn't even see that Colton doubled. It's really difficult to see someone when you're setting up to hit a 70' triple right out of a corner. It was a chain reaction crash that resulted in a huge crash for all three riders. Similar to Canards crash at LA, you can't put the blame on the person who doubled, or tripled.
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

KTM57 wrote:If someone jumps to the right in front of me, the last place I am jumping is the direction in which they are landing.
Fair, but colton leaving the lip isn't pointing hard right, he didn't land that far off center, so why triple?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

InsaneFMX wrote: Fair, but colton leaving the lip isn't pointing hard right, he didn't land that far off center, so why triple?
White probably thought Colton tripled. It's tough to determine the difference between someone tripling or doubling when they're at that distance ahead of you. Colton looked like he anticipated someone jumping on the right side since Cody rolled on the far left, so he assumed White was landing on the right side, so he moved over. That's what it looked like, at least.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Funny moment last night while watching the races. My brother, his girlfriend, our friend and myself do our own group in the RM Fantasy SX series, and they all had Tomac as 1st or 2nd. I was trying to explain that everytime Tomac gets this momentum and is the "hot rider" in the series, he always crashes. Of course my brothers girlfriend was like "That's only happened one time" and said I was dumb, and I couldn't quit laughing when Tomac crashed :lol: I was "that guy" saying I told you so I told you so! :lol:
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by DCreedz#523 »

Ddavis wrote:Funny moment last night while watching the races. My brother, his girlfriend, our friend and myself do our own group in the RM Fantasy SX series, and they all had Tomac as 1st or 2nd. I was trying to explain that everytime Tomac gets this momentum and is the "hot rider" in the series, he always crashes. Of course my brothers girlfriend was like "That's only happened one time" and said I was dumb, and I couldn't quit laughing when Tomac crashed :lol: I was "that guy" saying I told you so I told you so! :lol:
LOL
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I saw this on vital, throwback for sure. I wanted to post it though to shed some light on the people in the crowd who throw their hands up in the air like "YES!" :shock: What in the fuck

https://youtu.be/OEE4unrHDmY?t=1920

It reminds me of at A2, my girlfriend and I were watching and the lady behind us had never been to SX before but the person next to them had been going for 15 years (Industry seating, quite often you get the newbies) and the lady was chanting "Crash! crash! crash! crash!" then boom Roczen went down. We were about to turn around and say "Crash on your way home! Crash on your way home!" and see how fucked up she thought that sounded :lol:
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Ddavis wrote:I saw this on vital, throwback for sure. I wanted to post it though to shed some light on the people in the crowd who throw their hands up in the air like "YES!" :shock: What in the fuck

It reminds me of at A2, my girlfriend and I were watching and the lady behind us had never been to SX before but the person next to them had been going for 15 years (Industry seating, quite often you get the newbies) and the lady was chanting "Crash! crash! crash! crash!" then boom Roczen went down. We were about to turn around and say "Crash on your way home! Crash on your way home!" and see how fucked up she thought that sounded :lol:
People that yell stuff like that honestly should never be there in the first place, yeah I watch motocross crashing videos on YouTube and get a laugh from some of them, but I hate seeing riders get hurt no matter who it is. And to hear that somebody was literally chanting "Crash! Crash! Crash! Crash!" makes me extremely upset on how the world is in terms of how people treat others and look at others.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

USABMXER1 wrote:And to hear that somebody was literally chanting "Crash! Crash! Crash! Crash!" makes me extremely upset on how the world is in terms of how people treat others and look at others.
Its just ignorance, people who've never ridden a motorcycle before and don't understand how fast and how high the riders are going.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Ddavis wrote:I saw this on vital, throwback for sure. I wanted to post it though to shed some light on the people in the crowd who throw their hands up in the air like "YES!" :shock: What in the fuck

Not defending those people by any means; however, remember the context of the situation... It's in St. Louis which is a race not that far from where Dungey grew up, and from my experience at that race; there are A LOT of Dungey fans there. Prior to that crash RV put both riders on the ground really firing up the crowd even more.

And as far as your Anaheim scenario, I had a Roczen fanboy behind me screaming at riders to "get the fuck out of the way" over and over while he was going through the pack and somehow it was someone else's fault when he crashed and then he was screaming "get the fuck up and get back on the bike" while he's laid out. Like seriously dude. lol
patrickv155
Team: Privateer

Post by patrickv155 »

checkerz wrote:

Not defending those people by any means; however, remember the context of the situation... It's in St. Louis which is a race not that far from where Dungey grew up, and from my experience at that race; there are A LOT of Dungey fans there. Prior to that crash RV put both riders on the ground really firing up the crowd even more.

And as far as your Anaheim scenario, I had a Roczen fanboy behind me screaming at riders to "get the fuck out of the way" over and over while he was going through the pack and somehow it was someone else's fault when he crashed and then he was screaming "get the fuck up and get back on the bike" while he's laid out. Like seriously dude. lol
At Detroit last year I had Weston Peick's chiropractor behind us screaming "Kill him!" "Send the bitch over the berm!" "Hit the dumbass motherfucker!" while cheering for Weston. We submitted a complaint to the Joe Gibbs Racing crew after the race. Like, it's normal for a fan to be annoying. But walking around in the team colors with radio and everything? Way to represent your team. We got an email back saying that the other teammates with him had already reported him, and that's where we found out it was his chiropractor.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

patrickv155 wrote: At Detroit last year I had Weston Peick's chiropractor behind us screaming "Kill him!" "Send the bitch over the berm!" "Hit the dumbass motherfucker!" while cheering for Weston. We submitted a complaint to the Joe Gibbs Racing crew after the race. Like, it's normal for a fan to be annoying. But walking around in the team colors with radio and everything? Way to represent your team. We got an email back saying that the other teammates with him had already reported him, and that's where we found out it was his chiropractor.
If Friese wasn't in front of him, it wouldn't have been a problem. I blame Friese. :lol: :lol: :lol: