Computer/Monitor shutting off

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Mxguy215

Computer/Monitor shutting off

Post by Mxguy215 »

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I will be in a race and randomly my computer reboots itself or something. It doesn't happen all the time, just randomly. I am not sure if its my monitor or computer thats doing this. I only use this computer for gaming and nothing else, and its still fairly new.

I am getting frustrated because I never know when my time is up in a race it will happen again during the race or not.

Any help about this will be greatly appreciated.
Ddavis

Re: Computer/Monitor shutting off

Post by Ddavis »

My brother has similar issues but with a "gaming" laptop. I think it might be from overheating issues, not sure if that could be an issue with your situation but I think it's whats the problem with my brother. I think some computers automatically shut off when they overheat to prevent further damage to its internals.
Mxguy215

Post by Mxguy215 »

Ddavis wrote:My brother has similar issues but with a "gaming" laptop. I think it might be from overheating issues, not sure if that could be an issue with your situation but I think it's whats the problem with my brother. I think some computers automatically shut off when they overheat to prevent further damage to its internals.
Thank you Davis.

I have duel fans on mine.

Next question is. Why would it restart right away if it's overheating?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Mxguy215 wrote:Why would it restart right away if it's overheating?
I'm not sure I'm not a computer :wink: :lol:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Mxguy215 wrote:Next question is. Why would it restart right away if it's overheating?
It restarts to protect the computer parts. If it overheats, your components might be damaged. Shutting it off is the solution to force it to cool down.
Mxguy215

Post by Mxguy215 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Mxguy215 wrote:Next question is. Why would it restart right away if it's overheating?
It restarts to protect the computer parts. If it overheats, your components might be damaged. Shutting it off is the solution to force it to cool down.
It's done this since brand new bro. I have a "top fan" and a "front fan" if I slide the nobs to the right all the way it clicks. Does that mean they are off or on? I'm new to a desktop as I had a laptop before.