YOUR Real MX Vid's

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Post by krossboy »

damon99 wrote:
krossboy wrote:Thinking about pulling the trigger on a6000 with 16-50 and 55-210 kit - 700€ total (new). Start off with that and go from there.

a6300 body is over 900€ itself and I wouldn't want to order it used from somewhere (couldn't find used in Estonia).

Thanks for the advice everyone!
Solid choice. Shame you didn't mention that last week. I literally just sold both my 16-50 & 55-210 :lol: Coulda gave you a deal. Oh well
I really wouldn't have liked to deal with the shipping and customs :D
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

krossboy wrote:
damon99 wrote:
krossboy wrote:Thinking about pulling the trigger on a6000 with 16-50 and 55-210 kit - 700€ total (new). Start off with that and go from there.

a6300 body is over 900€ itself and I wouldn't want to order it used from somewhere (couldn't find used in Estonia).

Thanks for the advice everyone!
Solid choice. Shame you didn't mention that last week. I literally just sold both my 16-50 & 55-210 :lol: Coulda gave you a deal. Oh well
I really wouldn't have liked to deal with the shipping and customs :D
True. Probably wouldn't have been worth the hassle lol
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Just some random clips from yesterdays open day

Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Guys I need your help. I wanna upgrade my equipment but not sure what I should do. I have 3 options but only money for 1 thing :)

1. Buying a 70-200 Canon 2.8 glass - I mainly use my Sigma Art 55mm 1.8, Canon 24-70 4.0 and Tamron 70-200 2.8 for filming and thought I can improve a lot in quality by changing the Tamron to the Canon.

2. Mavic Air drone - Right now I own the old Phantom 2 with a GoPro 4 on it but its a pain to transport this thing and the brand now Mavic Air is really really small with a decent video quality. I'm not sure because its not allowed to use a drone without permission in Austria and I barely used my Phantom.

3. Third and most expensive option would be an 4k upgrade. This would mean I need to send in my Sony FS700 (no 4k upgrade yet) which costs around 400 bucks and buy a Shogun Inferno Recorder. This would mean I can shoot in 4k 120fps and 2k 240fps Prores and RAW.
The problem I see is the storage though because the footage size will be huge.

I would really like to hear your opinion :)
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

If it were me I wouldn't bother with the drone considering you have to get permission every single time you fly it there. As for the other two options.. I would say unless you're absolutely sure the canon lens will give you a better quality image, I would go with the 4k upgrade. I think the having the advantage to crop literally anything down is a plus and 4k is where everything is headed anyways.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

damon99 wrote:If it were me I wouldn't bother with the drone considering you have to get permission every single time you fly it there. As for the other two options.. I would say unless you're absolutely sure the canon lens will give you a better quality image, I would go with the 4k upgrade. I think the having the advantage to crop literally anything down is a plus and 4k is where everything is headed anyways.
I have to agree with Damon. You're not going to improve your quality just by switching brands of glass. Yes the Canon is far superior to other brands for that style lens, but nothing jaw dropping.

Upgrading to the 4k is your best bet by a long shot.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Yeah it seems like I've got a pretty similar setup to you. I run the fs700 and one of my main lenses is the Tamron 70-200. You won't see much of an improvement at all going to the Canon 70-200. It might be worth it if you were doing photography, but not for video. I would go for the 4k upgrade. The Atomos is a really good choice, and that's the one that I'm going to be getting.
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Don't really get on these forums much anymore, but thought I would put my input in.

1. I have the Canon 70-200 F2.8. Love it, had it for the 3 years, and have had 0 problems out of it, and is my favorite lens to use. Compared to Tamron, or any other brand my only notice is the focus pull, and how well it does with a crisp look.

2. Drone ehhh, I have a DJI Phantom 5 Pro. Love it for opening shots, but thats about all its good for out of me.

3. The 4K..... it's a blessing and a curse. My FS is how it comes, do not have the 4K upgrade for it, and don't plan on upgrading to it. 4K is awesome for when editing, and being able to crop and still have a perfect image. Downside of 4K is the spacing it takes, and the amount of hard drive's you will go through. I had my RED I believe for 6 month's, I used up 6 Hard Drive's, and only shot with it I would say 4 time's. Make sure you also have some hefty Memory Cards for it, as when I bought my RED I wasn't thinking and only went with a 120GB Mini Mag, let me tell you it ate that shit up fast.... At a National I would do about 4 Drops a day from that. Battery life as well is a big thing. When shooting that big of a file it will kill your battery faster than usual.

Hope this can be of some use to you.
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

I will make the 4k upgrade next but I won't do it before 2019. I would love to do it now but I am doing 99% youtube edits and I don't think its worth investing 2500 euro or more. Its also not worth buying a new drone or the Canon glass even though I would love to have it all :D

Thankfully after 6 years into filming I got projects from KTM and from the austrian championship to promote the series. I will get the chance to fly to Rome later this year to film at the KTM 2019 line-up presentation at the test track from Cairoli.

Luckily the hard work I put in over the years is starting to pay off even though I won't earn big money tbh.

Chase so did you change back to the FS700?

Can't wait to see a lot more cool edits from you guys soon. Good luck everybody!
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Sib43 wrote:
Luckily the hard work I put in over the years is starting to pay off even though I won't earn big money tbh.

Yea big money doesn't come from in the Motosports area, (unless its cars lmao). Why my main earnings aren't from filming anymore sadly. Just do it as a thing I still enjoy and love to do, and some side money to come in.

I did go back to the FS700. I sold the RED Scarlet back in May of 2017, because I was gonna be done filming in general. After being done for 4 months, and having to go to Loretta's to finish some contracts, I found that I still loved to do it. So I ended up buying a Sony A7S ii, Phantom 4 Pro, and the Ronin. But with being able to do stuff on my own terms again, I've found a creative side again.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

You originally stated Phantom 5 pro but it's not out yet so figured you were talking Phantom 4 like I have.

I'm just trying to figure out how the fuck you afford this shit lol. These kids must be paying big bucks for you to film them haha
Dunivant25 wrote:
Sib43 wrote:

Yea big money doesn't come from in the Motosports area, (unless its cars lmao). Why my main earnings aren't from filming anymore sadly. Just do it as a thing I still enjoy and love to do, and some side money to come in.

I did go back to the FS700. I sold the RED Scarlet back in May of 2017, because I was gonna be done filming in general. After being done for 4 months, and having to go to Loretta's to finish some contracts, I found that I still loved to do it. So I ended up buying a Sony A7S ii, Phantom 4 Pro, and the Ronin. But with being able to do stuff on my own terms again, I've found a creative side again.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

MXJProductions wrote:Just some random clips from yesterdays open day

This is so sick! Pinned 2 strokes sound so good!!!

That big double looks pretty gnarly with those ruts on the face.
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

I think I will buy the Mavic Air. Found a good offer and I will make a 2 weeks trip to California and I can't get off the idea to buy one. Its so little and the quality is really good what I have seen.
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

The season kicked off here in Austria and the stressful life started for me but I love my job :D Hope you guys enjoy my first 2 videos:

Round 2:

Round 1:

Round 1- Auner Cup:
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

Sib43 wrote:Round 1:
Damn that track looked gnarly, reminds me of the RedBud Grass Race on steroids. Nice aerials