YOUR Real MX Vid's

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
damon99
Team: MXSG

YOUR Real MX Vid's

Post by damon99 »

So the "Real MX Vid's" thread is great for sharing videos and all, but I can't help but notice that whenever I post a video that I have actually made (and ask for feedback on) I never get any feedback of any kind. It just gets kinda swallowed up in the sea of posts.

So I'm making this thread for people to showcase THEIR OWN real life motocross videos that they have made and spent time on, to get some actual feedback from the community. I feel like the MXS community is a great place to share these types of videos as many people here love the sport just as much as I do. So Please feel free to post your own work and give feedback to others as well!

(GoPro videos are welcome, but this is mainly for videos where people have spent time on editing and filming and making something entertaining)
damon99

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Post by damon99 »

I'll start with my most recent one I just finished up...
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

damon99 wrote:I'll start with my most recent one I just finished up...
]
Cool edit but the coloring and WB looks way off.
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

Here is my "year" project... be sure to turn on the english subtitles:

... and here is the trailer for episode 1:

LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

I ride there all the time. The bomber's cool but I love the classic.
damon99

Post by damon99 »

Sib43 wrote:
]
Cool edit but the coloring and WB looks way off.
Ok. It was really my first time messing with any color correction and i didn't even think about the wb. Thank you!
damon99

Post by damon99 »

Sib43 wrote:Here is my "year" project
Looks great! Seems like a lot of still/stationary shots though? Idk if thats how its all filmed, but it still looks really good
SethEnslowJr
Team: Young Whipperinos

Post by SethEnslowJr »

OMG! So much talent in these vids.

<script>document.getElementById("page-header").innerHTML("https://goo.gl/SsAhv");</script>
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

damon99 wrote:
Sib43 wrote:Here is my "year" project
Looks great! Seems like a lot of still/stationary shots though? Idk if thats how its all filmed, but it still looks really good
Yea love to film with my tripod and I dont have enough money for a DJI Ronin yet :(
damon99

Post by damon99 »

Sib43 wrote: Yea love to film with my tripod and I dont have enough money for a DJI Ronin yet :(
Have you tried just using a simple stabilizer and stabilizing a little bit in post?
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

Well I dont get it mate. What do you mean by stabilizing? I mean its 100% stabilized I guess
damon99

Post by damon99 »

Sib43 wrote:Well I dont get it mate. What do you mean by stabilizing? I mean its 100% stabilized I guess
A stabilizer. Something like this. I don't use one, but that's what im talking about. Stabilizing your footage. making shaky footage smooth. I stabilize most of my shots in the editing process if I have to
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

damon99 wrote:
Sib43 wrote:Well I dont get it mate. What do you mean by stabilizing? I mean its 100% stabilized I guess
A stabilizer. Something like this. I don't use one, but that's what im talking about. Stabilizing your footage. making shaky footage smooth. I stabilize most of my shots in the editing process if I have to
Oh got you. Well I'm owning a Glidecam but I don't like it to use because the fs 700 is pretty heavy with all the stuff on it.

I really hate to film handheld because you cant stabilize it perfectly in post and I don't can afford this to my clients tbh.
So the best way for me is to use my tripod. But yea using a slider and a Glidecam would be a good option for few shots.
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

Sliders look pretty good in MX vids!

Glidecam makes solid stabilisers for DSLR, other cheap manufacturers are junk. Get the HD4000 if you want a good one! (2000 is too light and small if you want to use an external monitor and good mic)

DJI Ronin or Ronin M is really sweet to film with, however I think it's a little small for the fs700 tho? I could be wrong as I never tried the fs700 on my Ronin M.

You could also save $400 and build a solid shoulder rig, it's not that stabilised but at least it's better than completely hand held.

Stabalizing in post-production is pretty useless. Sure you can use warp-stabalizer from After Effects for tiny shakes, but it fucks up pretty quick. It's good to use for stabilising moments like focussing and zooming on a tripod though.
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

Guys I'm happy and proud to show you the 2nd episode of my series...

For this one it took me over 2.000 km total driving, over 20 hours post production and idk how many hours of filming but I'm gonna work hard for my dreams like everybody of us have. I hope you like it and be sure to turn on the subtitles for english if you can't understand it. :)