YOUR Real MX Vid's

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Post by JConley691 »

That's a cool turn track in your 125 vs 100 video. Perfect for minibikes
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

JConley691 wrote:That's a cool turn track in your 125 vs 100 video. Perfect for minibikes
Yeah, it really is, we have some younger riders that ride here so we have to keep it a bit tame and the biggest we go is about 50 feet but it’s still fun
Scrallex
Team: SpaceX

Post by Scrallex »

Got a chance to spin a few laps on an Alta MXR at my local track in Norman, Oklahoma. Peep the GoPro and let me know what you all think of the bike!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCbzoBiUVvc[/youtube]
ktm161
Team: Underground RC

Post by ktm161 »

MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

JConley691 wrote:Man I've been wanting to post something here for so long! I can't believe how long it's been since my last proper video... almost a year ago now at RedBud. However, as I'm sure most of you who frequent this thread know, I've been plugging away at some writing projects on my blog/site World of Echo. I always planned on putting some video content there, and after a month of prep and a couples days shooting, I finally have something to share.

I shot my first sequences of 16mm film for this, which I'm super excited about. Film is something that's fascinated me for awhile now, and to get my hands on a working camera and see the results come back positive had me elated. (Especially considering how awful my first foray into film was. (~$80 for a processed roll of overexposed 8mm.) Anyway, as always I hope you guys enjoy the new vid. If you're down for a little reading too, you can visit the article I wrote about Alex here - https://inaworldofecho.wordpress.com/20 ... i-article/

Thanks

Super creative, and I really enjoyed this. One complaint, and may seem petty but I really wish you included more bike sounds, and worked on the audio more. You have the video part down, but would love to see you utilize audio more. It all seemed very 2 dimensional. Adding bike sounds, various sounds snippets from the B Roll, Nature etc would have set it over the top nicely imo. I say all of this because the title to this series is world of Echo. So I relate that to sounds.

Regardless was very well captured bud
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

MXJProductions wrote:Super creative, and I really enjoyed this. One complaint, and may seem petty but I really wish you included more bike sounds, and worked on the audio more. You have the video part down, but would love to see you utilize audio more. It all seemed very 2 dimensional. Adding bike sounds, various sounds snippets from the B Roll, Nature etc would have set it over the top nicely imo. I say all of this because the title to this series is world of Echo.
Appreciate it Jeff! Yeah, I included bike sounds and other small effects in the beginning half of the video but excluded them from the back half. I have a couple "sand falling" sounds for some berm shots and a low impact bass hit when Alex's bike bottoms out. The bass might've been too subtle though, not sure if any of you guys noticed it. The speaker system I edit on is pretty ancient and if I can prominently hear bass through my speakers, they tend to sound blown out on modern systems.

Excluding bike sounds from the latter half was intentional, though. I felt like the sudden quietness/subtlety of the song better suited any sounds I could put in. Early on I included bike sounds in that part, but with some of the clips it felt awkward. Alex had a number of shots in there where he was sort of "faking" speed so I could keep up with the Ronin, it didn't sound like he was going fast at all :lol: Not to say it couldn't have worked, though. Audio in moto can be tricky... might have to experiment a little more in depth with that next time.

Oh, I forgot to mention, your association of sound with the video title is totally valid! It's something I didn't think people would link together like that. However, I really just titled it that because the site I interviewed Alex on is called "World of Echo." It'd be the same as "Alex Witkowski for Racer X," or something. I understand how that could be misconstrued, though.
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Damn... bummer how quiet this thread has been! I got a new one out. Got to work with Nick Wey again, was a lot of fun getting to know him and his family better. I wrote a little bit about the trip on World of Echo too, if anyone has a few mins to kill.

https://inaworldofecho.wordpress.com/20 ... -nick-wey/
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

JConley691 wrote:

Damn... bummer how quiet this thread has been! I got a new one out. Got to work with Nick Wey again, was a lot of fun getting to know him and his family better. I wrote a little bit about the trip on World of Echo too, if anyone has a few mins to kill.

https://inaworldofecho.wordpress.com/20 ... -nick-wey/
Killer video man. Never been to Baja, but I really wanna go at some point the track looks awesome.
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

damon99 wrote:Never been to Baja, but I really wanna go at some point the track looks awesome.
Thanks! For sure, super fun track. I got to ride earlier this year on a quiet glmx weekend, so it didn't get to its usual roughness. If you ever go during the brawl the track's gonna be gnarly! Spotted your brother at RedBud last weekend, where were you??
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

damon99

Post by damon99 »

JConley691 wrote:Spotted your brother at RedBud last weekend, where were you??
Ah I had other commitments. I wanted to go so bad! Lol. But of course I'll be there next weekend for MXON :P
Debating bringing my camera to maybe get a few cool shots throughout the weekend.
damon99

Post by damon99 »

Sib43 wrote:
Nice! Definitely one of the best race recap videos I've seen from you.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Thanks man. Yea it was my hometown race so I tried hard to make a better edit this time lol.

Here is my latest video and I'm really proud of. Got the job from KTM to film at the place in Mattighofen. We got a bike after the invitation to try it. For those kind of project I took out my 4K recorder. Hopy you guys enjoy it - Interviews are in german though.