YOUR Real MX Vid's

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
User avatar
JConley691
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:17 am
Team: CG Motorsports
Location: IN
Contact:

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby JConley691 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:15 am

Went to Monster Mountain with some family & friends. More of a home-movie type video than an edit... if you're into that sort of thing check it out haha.


damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:22 am

JConley691 wrote:Went to Monster Mountain with some family & friends. More of a home-movie type video than an edit... if you're into that sort of thing check it out haha.



Absolutely love that track. Went there last spring.
Your videos never fail to entertain me Jared lol. I love how you made something so simple yet so entertaining to watch.
Image

User avatar
JConley691
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:17 am
Team: CG Motorsports
Location: IN
Contact:

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby JConley691 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:21 am

damon99 wrote:Absolutely love that track. Went there last spring.
Your videos never fail to entertain me Jared lol. I love how you made something so simple yet so entertaining to watch.


It was sick for sure. My first time ever going down south to ride. Wish we coulda went to county line mx tho, as I mention in the beginning of wanting to go to Florida haha. Couldn't get the whole group to agree on going there. I thought the trails were pretty cool too, idk if you rode those at monster. They were a little muddy when we rode tho so it was a chore in some areas to get through, but the dry spots were fun. Definitely worth the 10 hour drive.

& also thanks for the compliments.. you always have something nice to say about my videos and I appreciate that. it was a nice change of pace filmmaking-wise being the last vid I did was my full length. Less pressure :roll: haha

damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:59 am

Got my new slider in the mail today! Should be able to get some pretty cool looking shots with this thing. Went out in the garage and tested it out a little bit :D

Image

User avatar
Sib43
Posts: 1831
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 7:10 pm
Team: pridemx.at
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby Sib43 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:43 pm

My latest work...
Image

tommyz2121
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:48 pm
Team: Saucy Filmz

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby tommyz2121 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 am




damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Sib43 wrote:My latest work...

That was pretty sweet sib. I loved the intro shots
Image

damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:29 pm

So I have a question for you guys. In your opinion, What would be the best way to set up a mic with my current camera setup?

I would like to use this mic \/
Image
On this setup \/
Image
(This is my full tripod setup. My 'run and gun' type of setup would obviously be a smaller lens, top handle and with no follow focus)

However, I do not want to move my top handle away from the center of the camera. I would like if the mic could be somewhere to the left of and a little lower than the top handle if possible. Putting some sort of cage around the camera seems like a bit much just for these two things to be near the top.I thought about raising the handle up and mounting the mic on its side, but I'm not sure if that would work. I cant seem to think of anyway that would keep the handle where I want it and have the mic where I want it at the same time.

What are your guys' opinions on what I should do?
Image

tommyz2121
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:48 pm
Team: Saucy Filmz

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby tommyz2121 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:14 am

damon99 wrote:So I have a question for you guys. In your opinion, What would be the best way to set up a mic with my current camera setup?

I would like to use this mic \/
Image
On this setup \/
Image
(This is my full tripod setup. My 'run and gun' type of setup would obviously be a smaller lens, top handle and with no follow focus)

However, I do not want to move my top handle away from the center of the camera. I would like if the mic could be somewhere to the left of and a little lower than the top handle if possible. Putting some sort of cage around the camera seems like a bit much just for these two things to be near the top.I thought about raising the handle up and mounting the mic on its side, but I'm not sure if that would work. I cant seem to think of anyway that would keep the handle where I want it and have the mic where I want it at the same time.

What are your guys' opinions on what I should do?

i know theres extra mounts or something that push the mic forward so the handle is not in the way but im not sure try looking those up :D

damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:20 pm

I thought about getting something like this, but like I said Idk how well the mic mounted sideways would do
Image
Image

User avatar
JConley691
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:17 am
Team: CG Motorsports
Location: IN
Contact:

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby JConley691 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:41 pm

I would just lose the handle, no? I know you want to keep it but what purpose does it serve aside from easier carrying?

damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:45 pm

JConley691 wrote:I would just lose the handle, no? I know you want to keep it but what purpose does it serve aside from easier carrying?

You actually have a good point. I got it specifically to make getting lower shots a little easier. So I suppose they could easily be switched out when needed.
Image

damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:49 pm

I guess im making this harder than it needs to be :lol: over thinking things too much
Image

User avatar
lars@crossmag
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: The Lab
Contact:

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby lars@crossmag » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Yoo! Just wanting to share my first video I shot with my new camera, the a6500. Pretty satisfied with the quality that it delivers and all that
for the relatively moderate price of just 1399$. Only downside is the prize of the native Sony lenses, but even that wasn't too big of a bummer since I'll probably be using Sony cameras for a few years now. Right now I'm only having a kit of two lenses sitting around. It consists of the 70-200 G f4 and the 24-70 GM F2.8.



I'd absolutely love to hear some feedback from you guys :)
Image

damon99
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Postby damon99 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:31 pm

lars@crossmag wrote:

I'd absolutely love to hear some feedback from you guys :)

That was pretty cool! Love the image quality of the camera
Image


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests