MXGP 3 Video game! Trailer!

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Re: MXGP 3 Video game! Trailer!

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

When's the last time a new moto game was coming out and you didn't hear the sales pitch that included something akin to "all new physics" or another tag line that meant the same thing?

Ok, now, when is the last time that "totally reworked physics engine" (etc., etc.) actually came true?

Color me skeptical. Hope for the best, that they've began to scratch at the potential this series has, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Ddavis wrote:Sure, there's a new engine (whatever that means, someone fill me in please)
Btw, a game engine is what a game is built in from visuals, shaders, core components etc. Milestone is using Unreal, which I personally think is trash if you're not creating an RPG or FPS game. They were using their own for all of their previous games I think. We use Unity at LCQ Studios.

I dont know why everyone gets a hard-on from Unreal. You can get the same performance out of Unity if you know what you're doing.
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Ddavis wrote:It's great they continue to make the same game with new skins and by adding a "2" or "3" after it. Sure, there's a new engine (whatever that means, someone fill me in please), but it isn't going to drastically change the game physics. I enjoyed MXGP and MXGP2, but purely in an arcade mode style of game. Nothing will come close to sim in terms of realism, and I know that it's not a comparison between the two, but it's hard to play a game like MXGP after playing sim and say "Wow this feels so real!"

MXGP game series for me

Pros: Replica tracks, riders, career mode, terrain deterioration
Cons: Crashes are weird and feel forced, little to no whip physics, awkward power delivery that doesn't feel natural, awkward 1st person pov that feels really arcade mode-ish.
The terrain deterioration was trash in both of them, it would look like there is a rut there but you would feel absolutely nothing to catch off of at all. The 1st person POV is what they need to have a camera adjustment for and not the 3rd person POV, the 3rd person is at the perfect POV and then the 1st person you can't even see your bars when your leaning back on the bike, I would like them more if they had actual whips that we can control instead of just whips that are completely canned, if you could actually form and destroy ruts the way that it looks like you are doing when you hit the same spot in a corner every lap. and then if we had 1st person POV, height, and angle like Mx Sim does. Physics in my opinion really aren't all that bad as people say they are though.
MX|VISUALS
Team: Privateer

Post by MX|VISUALS »

Physics in my opinion really aren't all that bad as people say they are though.
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/11DFuwck ... HY</a></p>
MX|VISUALS
Team: Privateer

Post by MX|VISUALS »

MX|VISUALS wrote:
Physics in my opinion really aren't all that bad as people say they are though.
http://giphy.com/gifs/11DFuwckOK9mdG/html5
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... box-One-PC

Here are some first ingame screenshots, honestly I dont think it looks that great but its just my opinion
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

My guess is the ruts are still visual and the physics won't change. Considering the "whip" screenshots in the above picture I'm pretty confident in point 2.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

MXGP 2 had a decent terrain deformation, ruts wasn't just visible you could rail them and the track was getting worse each lap. They are making a game for everyone not just a hardcore MX fans like we are.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

The "ruts/terrain deformation" was just slight changes in the normal maps so there wasn't any physical changes to the terrain mesh. Hopefully they'll change that.
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Eh, it's gonna suck like the other 2 hehe
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

LKR47 wrote:The "ruts/terrain deformation" was just slight changes in the normal maps so there wasn't any physical changes to the terrain mesh. Hopefully they'll change that.
Not sure what are you talking about. There was a change in the terrain, I've played multiple hours online and so on, track would get really rough after some laps your put it. Ruts, bumps and everything was there.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Kawasakis wrote:
LKR47 wrote:The "ruts/terrain deformation" was just slight changes in the normal maps so there wasn't any physical changes to the terrain mesh. Hopefully they'll change that.
Not sure what are you talking about. There was a change in the terrain, I've played multiple hours online and so on, track would get really rough after some laps your put it. Ruts, bumps and everything was there.
Yes visually they were there but they had little to no impact on actual gameplay.

I´m also remaining sceptical as the screenshot really looks like its more of the same; great visuals but wonky physics.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Rayvenator wrote:
Kawasakis wrote:
Yes visually they were there but they had little to no impact on actual gameplay.

I´m also remaining sceptical as the screenshot really looks like its more of the same; great visuals but wonky physics.
I don't know if you guys have played the game enough.

As Kawa says, terrain deformation is not just a visual thing. I've done plenty of Online Championships with 15 laps races and 10 players and definitly at lap 5 you have to start searching for new lines bc the ones that has been used before aren't the fastest ones now. This is one of the things I liked most about MXGP2. It's like real life, you have to search for new lines in the middle of the race.

I totally agree with the point that you can't rail a rut. It's just like Reflex, you go all over them.
Alex V111#1017
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

VUSTTOS wrote:
I don't know if you guys have played the game enough.

As Kawa says, terrain deformation is not just a visual thing. I've done plenty of Online Championships with 15 laps races and 10 players and definitly at lap 5 you have to start searching for new lines bc the ones that has been used before aren't the fastest ones now. This is one of the things I liked most about MXGP2. It's like real life, you have to search for new lines in the middle of the race.

I totally agree with the point that you can't rail a rut. It's just like Reflex, you go all over them.
I have about 90 hours played combined on both games and I think that should be enough to get a decent understanding.

Yeah the terrain deforms slightly but it really doesnt affect you in any way. The suspension just soaks it up and you can do the corner like it wasnt there at all. There is very little gameplay around traction so you can alwatys just go full throttle out of the corner, ruts or not. Very very rarely did I have to search for new lines during a 10 player race and if I did it was usually because someone got stuck somewhere and almost made a hole.

I actually thought the first game was a decent first try. I do however have a big problem with the second game as it was said it was "improved physics and whip mechanics" and all the other bullshit they sold us and in the end its just a complete re-skin of the first game with new tracks and improved career mode.

There was so many huge issues with the first game that they didnt even fix for the second one so until I´m proven wrong, I still have no hopes for this new game.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

I agree that the game isn't THAT good. But it was definitely fun to play online and bang bars with others, better than nothing and I give huge props to them for making those games since MXvsATV Supercross is a bullcrap.
About the terrain deformation, what are you talking about? We used to make more laps just to race with the effect of it. On the soft tracks it used to be so gnarly, some corners were unusable, you had to go around the ruts because they were so deep you could catch your peg and crash easily. On the hard pack tracks it didn't effect that much, but corners still had some good effect. And the jumps on the soft tracks was also affected big time. And everyone was affected in online of the deformation. I didn't play the first game because it was pure shit, but the second one is pretty gnar if you ask me.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion