My Skip Barber Academy Shootout Experience

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Robert196

My Skip Barber Academy Shootout Experience

Post by Robert196 »

I was one of 30 who were invited to compete in the 2017 Skip Barber Racing School Academy Shootout that took place this past Monday-Wednesday at Atlanta Motorsports Park. I had never driven the track before and many of my competitors did the race weekend the three days before the shootout. I was in the top 6 from day 1, and at the end of the event they took the top 8 in points (which were given out by where you finished in your group, there was a total of 4 groups) and ran them together in one final shootout. I ended up winning the session by setting the fastest lap of the week. However, since I was learning the track while others had already driven on it, I missed out on points on Monday and Tuesday which cost me the overall win. I was the only driver to improve my score in every session. So, I was half a second faster than the guy who won the $100k scholarship to race the skip barber summer series for free, and I got no prize money since I finished 4th overall. Still had a blast and I'm pumped to know that I was the fastest one there, just points didn't add up on paper.

Here's my GoPro from the final session. Had a session in the wet earlier in the day and that was an absolute blast.

Results from the final Top 8 session:
(Derek Ware won the overall, Tyler O'Connor got 2nd, Brad got 3rd)

Here you can view the full results from every session of the week: https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/1363082 I was in group 1.

So, iRacing does make you fast, kids.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: My Skip Barber Academy Shootout Experience

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Nice! GG Nash. You could've practiced that track in rF2! Make a career out of it man!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Nice! GG Nash. You could've practiced that track in rF2! Make a career out of it man!
I did, turns 8 and 9 are different than in real life a bit and I actually went off in the first session because I was so used to the rf2 version. :lol: The goal is to make a career out of it, just need to find some sponsors. Already have a few in the works, but I have lots of work to do. (If anyone wants to donate.... :P )
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Link or button and I will.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Link or button and I will.
Well I wasn't expecting that lol. I guess I'll have to set one up! Thanks!