2017 Outdoor Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Dunivant25

2017 Outdoor Discussion

Post by Dunivant25 »

Alright have the chaos tonight in Supercross I figured I would go ahead and get this thread started as we are only 2 weeks away from Hangtown!
Ddavis

Re: 2017 Outdoor Discussion

Post by Ddavis »

I might go into more detail later about who I think will do what this summer, but for now here's my thoughts in short.

First off, if Dungey decides to announce his retirement, is he going to race the nationals? If so, I think he's going to get his ass whooped by Tomac all summer. With that being said, I think Tomac is going to win the title outdoors. Blake Baggett and Marvin Musquin will be his biggest competition, with Baggett taking 2nd in the series if Dungey doesn't race outdoors. If Dungey does, it'll be Tomac, Dungey, Baggett. Seely, Webb, Anderson, and Canard will be the consistent 4th-7th group, then the 8th-outside the top 10 group will be Wilson, Grant, Craig, Barcia, Bloss, Peick, etc.

As for 250 class, I think Jeremy Martin is going to win this title after battling with Joey Savatgy for the title. My top 3 (without injury) is Jeremy, Savatgy, Ferrandis. I think Forkner is going to win races, but still be inconsistent. There's also going to be some wildcards given the right track and start, A-Mart, Plessinger, Osborne, Hill, Sexton, Cantrell, can all do well.

So my top 3 outdoors is

Tomac
Dungey
Baggett

and

J-Martin
Savatgy
Ferrandis
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

+1, but with the way Blake has been riding in sx his outdoor speed might be equal to Tomac and im hoping they battle for the title.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Lol did I just see someone say canard and consistent in the same sentence? :lol: The guy is an awesome rider but has so much bad luck. Otherwise I think the 250 class is gonna be stacked, and tomac is gonna run away with the 450s unless he hurts himself again.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

AHeckman2 wrote:Lol did I just see someone say canard and consistent in the same sentence? :lol:
Excluding injury, Canard will consistently be in the 4-7 range. I can't sit here and say he's going to get hurt, even if history thinks that's a likely possibility.
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

Ddavis wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:Lol did I just see someone say canard and consistent in the same sentence? :lol:
Excluding injury, Canard will consistently be in the 4-7 range. I can't sit here and say he's going to get hurt, even if history thinks that's a likely possibility.
I mean canard does have a supercross and motocross championship so I guess you could say he is consistent. He just has unfortunate things happen. He comes back stronger every time though
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

Ddavis wrote: Dungey
Baggett

and

J-Martin
Savatgy
Ferrandis
I would say 450 class is right but for 250s I would say
Osborne
J-Martin
Hill
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Ddavis wrote:
lol I know I was just kidding. I think 250s are gonna surprise a lot of people, Savagty and the Martin bros have the most experience (running up front) and I think Savagty has a major chip on his shoulder so it should be an awesome championship to watch.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

DirtRacer02 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
He comes back stronger every time though
The last time he was consistently up front was 2011.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wasn't J-Martin going to do 450's for outdoors?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Wahlamt wrote:Wasn't J-Martin going to do 450's for outdoors?
No
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

AHeckman2 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
lol I know I was just kidding. I think 250s are gonna surprise a lot of people, Savagty and the Martin bros have the most experience (running up front) and I think Savagty has a major chip on his shoulder so it should be an awesome championship to watch.
After watching savatgy on Saturday I no longer like him. He didn't even try. Zach Osborne gave it his all to win and savatgy was running 1:09s.
beanz43
Team: Privateer

Post by beanz43 »

How can anyone say "injuries aside, Canard is consistent"??

But if we're doing top 3's for each class..

250's
-JMart
-Osborne
-AC

450's
-Tomac
-Baggett
-Dungey
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

DirtRacer02 wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:
Ddavis wrote: Excluding injury, Canard will consistently be in the 4-7 range. I can't sit here and say he's going to get hurt, even if history thinks that's a likely possibility.
After watching savatgy on Saturday I no longer like him. He didn't even try. Zach Osborne gave it his all to win and savatgy was running 1:09s.
Always seem strange how some riders just can't put it together when they have a golden opportunity to win a title (or extend their lead significantly).

Did anyone notice when they filmed savatgy that his mechanic (?) said something like "can't believe what that motherfucker did..." and then they lowered the volume from that camera? :lol:
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

Wahlamt wrote:Did anyone notice when they filmed savatgy that his mechanic (?) said something like "can't believe what that motherfucker did..." and then they lowered the volume from that camera? :lol:
I thought it was savatgys dad calling him one for riding around