2017 Outdoor Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Re: 2017 Outdoor Discussion

Post by Haberfield24 »

scheeve3 wrote:Is there somewhere a pro/career number chase page? I think with Herlings performance right now he's in the running for a 2digit number next year, no?
Imagine having him #84 :lol:
50 points will be plenty enough for a 2 digit in the 80-100 area
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

I can't believe this just happened :shock:
That was sick af!!!
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Will be interesting to see tomac against herlings next weekend when he will have nothing to lose !!
Phil Doyon #423
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

scheeve3 wrote:I can't believe this just happened :shock:
That was sick af!!!
That's a sad day for America. :shock:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Sib43 wrote:
That was sick af!!!
How so?
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Ddavis wrote:
Sib43 wrote:
That was sick af!!!
How so?
Tbh it wasn't really, herlings is fast af notice his nickname "the bullet" they honestly should have seen this ass whopping coming and honestly if tomac didn't have that weird crash he probably would have won
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

It's not like Herlings is the first European to come over and whoop everyone's ass. There's a witty German fella who did the same shit.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Ddavis wrote:It's not like Herlings is the first European to come over and whoop everyone's ass. There's a witty German fella who did the same shit.
There´s plenty of europeans that have gone to the US and won races. The impressive thing Herlings did was to come over for just one week, on a bike that wasnt his own (although probably very similar), going 1-1 while dominating the field.

That beeing said this "US vs EU" argument is getting really old.

They are all just bad, fast and talented dudes. Who cares where they come from?
I dont know about you guys but I watch the races to see some great racing.

Not to say I dont cheer for my countrymen (Go Freddy!) but at the end of the day I just wanna see some cool dirtbike racing
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Watching Herlings come from dead last all the way to first that second moto was nothing short of amazing. To see it in person was an even more amazing experience! No doubt in my mind he is one of the top 3 fastest dudes on the planet right now. I really hope he decides to come race our series here someday.
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Haberfield24 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:Will be interesting to see tomac against herlings next weekend when he will have nothing to lose !!
I hate all this "nothing to lose" bullshit. Tomac had to score 1 point if Musquin or Baggett actually won (which neither did). Even though realistically Herlings title hopes are over, there's still a chance of him winning the championship on paper so he also has "something to lose" as he scrubbed passed Tomac pulling a tear off. I think MXGP is currently a completely different board game, if you don't get the start you're not going to end up in the top 3, if you get the start you're going to run up front! It's going to be a good weekend, lets hope that the AMA guys can handle double the amount of riding :P
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

For a guy like tomac who choked alot in the past, yes this pressure bs is real! He was maybe pushing 70% when herlings passed him (was easy to see that it wasnt the real tomac) but hey, im really impressed by herlings speed! Jes deff in Musquin and Tomac's world in term of speed (fastee than the rest of the field)
Haberfield24 wrote:
RXR_Banjo wrote:Will be interesting to see tomac against herlings next weekend when he will have nothing to lose !!
I hate all this "nothing to lose" bullshit. Tomac had to score 1 point if Musquin or Baggett actually won (which neither did). Even though realistically Herlings title hopes are over, there's still a chance of him winning the championship on paper so he also has "something to lose" as he scrubbed passed Tomac pulling a tear off. I think MXGP is currently a completely different board game, if you don't get the start you're not going to end up in the top 3, if you get the start you're going to run up front! It's going to be a good weekend, lets hope that the AMA guys can handle double the amount of riding :P
Phil Doyon #423
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I know it's not relevant, but it gets on my nerves when people try to say "Oh if Musquin didn't crash at Southwick or have that mechanical he would have won the title (or been right there)". Would he? Tomac knew he had a huge points lead and milked it to the end, yeah he wasn't himself at the end of the season but are you going to remember that 25 years from now? I'm sure there's times from the 80s/90s when a rider wasn't riding at 100% and cruised it in 5th at the end of the year (we're basing dominance off guys like McGrath and RC who never checked up, and guys like JS7 lost multiple titles trying to live up to that standard). Tomac rode smart and careful to close out the season, and no I don't think Musquin would have won the title if he didn't have his knee injury/mechanical/or Southwick crash. Tomac getting the holeshot in that first moto proves how clutch he can be (yes he threw it away in SX), but there's too many keyboard warriors who act like riding in championship situations with millions of dollars on the line is the same as you riding at chicken-licks raceway in Kentucky.
team canada

Post by team canada »

Devin all I know is two guys had a moto where their front brake failed and only one of them finished the moto to salvage points.. showed me who deserves the title.
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

I just think it's ironic that Tomac the guys who lost a supercross title from crashes and mechanics, won the outdoor title from another rider having crashes and mechanicals.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Tomac had crashes and mechanicals.