2017 Outdoor Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Nick#126
Team: Privateer

Re: 2017 Outdoor Discussion

Post by Nick#126 »

Ddavis wrote:What did he say?
At High Point or Muddy Creek he was like it's a bad excuse that he has to learn the tracks because practice should be enough to learn the track. At Southwick he was like: A lot of people had trouble so that's why he is now leading. That's when I wrote the comment because right after Ferrandis fell and took the lead back he started saying some positive things about him haha.
Nick van Gerwen
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I remember now, and yeah you're right. Yes practice is enough time on the track to figure it out, however you don't really know how the track forms throughout the day and the veterans of the class might find better lines from years of experience racing on that track. It'd be no different than if Forkner went to Europe and they were saying the GP riders will know the track better than him (obviously, duh! lol). It was kind of snobbish to discredit his win in the first moto too, he tried to back out of it but we all knew he was bitter about it. He rode great and pulled away from our potential champ.
Nick#126
Team: Privateer

Post by Nick#126 »

Exactly, couldn't agree more Devin.
Nick van Gerwen
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I don't think Dan has any idea that Jeremy races MX Sim. (Dan is the one who came to me about making my team "MotoXAddicts" in 2014/2015)

http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2017/07/13/ ... interview/

I just messaged him and told him that Jeremy is one of the most winningest riders of all time on this game :lol:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Thought one PC rider was missing, then I realized Tonus wasn't there after seeing his name in a gp race the 2 minutes I watched :lol: Anyone has more info?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Tonus is on Wilvo Yamaha this year. I'm not really sure what you're talking about?
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

What is up with all these breaks in the season? We need less breaks and more rounds
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

You try and make a national EVERY weekend!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

How are you guys liking it so far?
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

damon99 wrote:What is up with all these breaks in the season? We need less breaks and more rounds
No, we don't. If you want better racing, you make a schedule with more breaks.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Well for supercross there was 17 rounds and only 1 break if I remember correctly. And that was great racing all season. Maybe you're right with having breaks providing good racing, but I've always felt that the outdoors could use another round or two. Has always seemed like a short season to me.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It's a logistical nightmare. SX is always in the city, close to everything. Nattys are far from everything and you're basically stuck there most of the week. Not optimal for a weekly grind.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:It's a logistical nightmare. SX is always in the city, close to everything. Nattys are far from everything and you're basically stuck there most of the week. Not optimal for a weekly grind.
They've actually been putting in a road going straight from Ironman to the Wal Mart right across the field, so that's a bit helpful for all the weekender die hard drunk fans
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

damon99 wrote:Well for supercross there was 17 rounds and only 1 break if I remember correctly. And that was great racing all season. Maybe you're right with having breaks providing good racing, but I've always felt that the outdoors could use another round or two. Has always seemed like a short season to me.
Running a heat, lcq, and 20 minute main, versus 2 30 minute motos I would think would be enough for the riders to vote to keep 12 rounds. Especially with the weather being so different. Riders are wearing coats at Anaheim, while they're wearing ice vests at Southwick. Outdoors is grueling. I think that's why there's such a long break from Mx to Sx, but only about 2 weeks from Sx to Mx.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think the average fan who doesn't go to a lot of nationals and/or hasn't raced long nationals in 100+ degree weather just simply does not understand how crucial breaks are in the schedule, specifically outdoors. Personally I'd like to see a 15 round SX season going from January-May with a few breaks and a 10 round national series from June-October. No off season events, more breaks in between races, more time for riders to test and more importantly have time to recover. Yes, races every weekend is better for the average fan sitting on their couch watching in an air conditioned living room, but the weekends off are critical for the teams and riders to make it to each round healthy. In the end, you can still have good racing without weekends off but you're going to see riders at 70-80% instead of being at their best when it counts.