2017 MXDN

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
scheeve3

2017 MXDN

Post by scheeve3 »

There's a lot going on for the US selection of the 2017 MXDN team and with Unadilla coming up everyone is wondering who'll be selected ... or should we say, who want's to be selected.

On the other side of the world (the good side :lol: ) we got a confirmation on the team Belgium line-up.
MX1: Clement Desalle
MX2: Julien Lieber
MXO: Jeremy Van Horebeek

Not only it's a strong line-up, also their shirts are lit af

Also Puerto Rico is looking stronger as ever with
MX1: Darian Sanayei
MX2: Thomas Covington
MXO: Justin Starling

Any other line-ups which are already known?

And which one of you are going to be there? Me and my brother are planning to go, we'll be sure about it in 3 weeks time.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Nick#126
Team: Privateer

Re: 2017 MXDN

Post by Nick#126 »

Italy
MX1: Antonio Cairoli
MX2: Michele Cervellin
OPEN: Allesandro Lupino

Spain
MX1: Jose Butron
MX2: Jorge Prado
OPEN: Iker Larranaga

Steve Matthes said on twitter that there were rumors team USA would consist of Osborne, Seely and Plessinger with AP riding a 450.
Nick van Gerwen
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Nick#126 wrote: Spain
MX1: Jose Butron
MX2: Jorge Prado
OPEN: Iker Larranaga
MX2: Iker Larranaga
OPEN: Jorge Prado

Prado is 16 and Iker 21. There are rumors about Prado racing the Open class on a 350 c.c. Probably the most logical thing would of have been to put Butron (27) in the Open class as he has a better fitness and experience than the youngsters so you put Prado on the MX1 class aboard a 350 and at least he has more time to rest. I think that would of been the most logical thing but oh, we will have to wait and see if Prado finally race on the 350.
Alex V111#1017
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

New Zealand
MX1: Cody Cooper
MX2: Josiah Natzke
OPEN: Rhys Carter

Canada
MX1: Colton Facciotti
MX2: Shawn Maffenbeier
OPEN: Tyler Medaglia

Ireland
MX1: Graeme Irwin
MX2: Martin Barr
OPEN: Stuart Edmonds
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
ktm2219

Post by ktm2219 »

Aaron Hall wrote:New Zealand
Canada
Go Canada!!
Trevor Doiron
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

France:

MX1: Gautier Paulin
MX2: Dylan Ferrandis
Open: Romain Febvre
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Very high chance of France winning it again this year
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
michael30

Post by michael30 »

I think it is going to be a France, Belgium, Netherlands podium this MXoN
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Bad thing we didnt have Musquin
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Being realistic, the podium can very easily be Belguim, France, Great Britain.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

The MXdN has been THE race of the year, with every nation sending their BEST riders to fight for the most important throphy in motocross. Nowadays it's just another race in the calendar. With MEC just around the corner, pros rather try their luck at winning big money than racing for their nation and their pride. Really lost my respect for guys like Roczen, Tomac and so many other top stars. Roczen let germany down 3 times in a row, for Tomac it's the second time. Everyone went nuts because Musquin moved over for Dungey, but Dungey ALWAYS raced for America, he never let stars and stripes down. Tomac on the other hand is acting like Mr.America himself all the time, running the american flag and military themed gear/bikes very often, but once the american motocross pride is on the line, he pulls out. That's some BS if you ask me, and I really used to be a huge Tomac fan!
Remember the times with Carmichael and Pastrana doing the good 'ol AMERICA FUCK YEAH...? These guys together with Villopoto and Dungey were the last breed of american motocross badasses, doing everything it took to win.

It really grinds my gear what this event has come to. I know Youthstream around this massive idiot Luongo also did and still does their best to destroy european motocross, but this particular race is not about the money, therefore none of the stars should have an excuse!
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

It really suck that Kaven Benoit is injured, he is our fastest guy and he did so good last year! Tyler Medaglia is our slowest rider, colton can do decent and maff is so much faster than last year i dont know what he ate this winter but hes now faster than cole thompson!
ktm2219 wrote:
Canada
Go Canada!!
Phil Doyon #423
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Andy_Hack wrote:rant
I'm surprised you mentioned Roczen, he's barely back riding and is saying he wants to be ready for MXdN this year (MXdN, not MXoN), instead of preparing for MEC or A1. I do agree with you though, and although I didn't lose respect for the American riders like Tomac who skipped it, it does suck that the biggest race in motocross (if you ask me) is second priority to sponsors like Monster Energy, because lets face it, if you gave a rider like Tomac the option of doing the USGP, MXdN, or MEC, he would do MXdN no questions asked, but when Monster is forcing him to do the USGP and MEC with the option of racing the MXDN, combined with the 29 weekends in (just a guess) 34 weekends, its a no brainer he's skipping it. To be honest, you don't need 2 months to prepare for SX and be ready, so its an excuse in my book to say you are skipping MXdN to "rest" for SX prep.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

8-12 Unadilla
8-19 Budds Creek
8-26 Indiana
9-3 USGP
3 weekends off
10-1 MXDN
1 weekend off
10-14 Monster Energy Cup
12 weeks later is Anaheim 1

The only issue with the timing of the MXDN is the Monster Cup, not the MXDN. To be honest, I don't care for the Monster Cup, and wouldn't care if it got removed from the schedule. The circus act in the Supermini/Amateur All-Star classes are fun to watch, but I've never cared for the Open class, especially when RV won the "Monster Million" AKA "Take $500K tonight or $25K for the next 25 years" (RV took the latter). Hosting a Supercross event in mid October when the SX season is 3 months away just seems to pointless to me.
ktm2219

Post by ktm2219 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:It really suck that Kaven Benoit is injured, he is our fastest guy and he did so good last year! Tyler Medaglia is our slowest rider, colton can do decent and maff is so much faster than last year i dont know what he ate this winter but hes now faster than cole thompson!
ktm2219 wrote:
Canada
Go Canada!!
Completely disagree with you about Tyler, I get to watch Tyler ride quite a bit and his speed this year is better then ever and as for Benoit it's really hard to say facciotti has been in this position several times and the way he rode this past weekend proved he deserves that spot
Trevor Doiron