Keyboard problems typing/backspacing/etc

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis

Keyboard problems typing/backspacing/etc

Post by Ddavis »

I've had an on & off issue with my keyboard for a while now. Its completely random, but sometimes when I'm typing it will completely quit what I'm trying to type and prevent me from typing anything. If I try to backspace it will make the windows error *ting* sound and I can't backspace, type, or do anything really. Sometimes I'll be typing and mid-sentence it will execute shortcuts (for example my settings tab at the top right of chrome where the 3 period on top of each other are) and another issue that comes from it is the inability to play games using my keyboard. CSGO is an example:

For a while I thought it was due to both ALT or both CTRL keys being set off at once, but that's not it because I downloaded a program that basically disabled certain keys, and it's neither of them. Another weird thing is that if I keep my desk fan on my keyboard at all times, it usually doesn't happen (go figure I turned off my fan for a few minutes and the problem occured). I've had it where if I press down on every single key on my keyboard it quits, but to only come back again shortly afterwards. I completely spaced it on how I got this problem to go away originally, because it hasn't happened in a while, but recently it started doing it again. I'm surprised I haven't had any problems with it typing this, because I got desperate and slammed my hands on all of the keys at once and its not doing it anymore :lol: I also turned my desk fan on high when it was previously on low. I've tried uninstalling my keyboard and restarting my PC (to reinstall my drivers), I've reinstalled drivers off the Razer website, I've disabled keys like I mentioned above, I've tried other keyboards, it's not a Chrome issue because it happens with all programs, I've vacuumed my keyboard, I've taken all of the keys off and cleaned the keyboard. I'm just not sure whats initiating the issue and what gets it to go away because I've had the issue go away using several different methods. If anyone has an idea as to why this happens, or has a possible solution, please please please let me know.
Ddavis

Re: Keyboard problems typing/backspacing/etc

Post by Ddavis »

I'll add by saying whenever this issue is happening, and if I try to play CSGO, the exit game screen will appear randomly. I was using just my mouse and not my keyboard and it was popping up every 20 seconds or so, and sometimes it doesn't even let me exit out and I'm forced to close my game.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Probably from being used too often.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Funny. I'm surprised you haven't had this issue then, looks like you don't get off your PC much.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Didn't you spill water on your keyboard awhile ago or something like that? Probably started fucking it up now.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I actually spilled milk on my keyboard, but the problem was happening before that ever happened, and it quit happening afterwards as well, but started happening again last night (ironically, after I got home from being gone all day, replying to whatever that Nick kid said)
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Ddavis wrote:Funny. I'm surprised you haven't had this issue then, looks like you don't get off your PC much.
Maybe you should buy a better quality one then? You americans love your bargains
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I can't afford to drop $100 on a new keyboard at the moment, a few weeks away from graduating school and don't have a job at the moment.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I haven't played CSGO in a while, but if the exit screen keeps popping up I wonder if it's the escape key (can't recall if that will take it to the escape screen)? I don't know what would be causing the key-shortcuts to occur but if it's interpreting the escape key as being held down at all times who knows how programs will react to it. Have you tried a different keyboard? Can also buy a cheapo thing from like Target or something and see what it does.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I can't find any shortcuts in CSGO that would automatically bring up the exit game menu. The only thing that fixes it is keeping my fan on high pointed onto my keyboard 24/7.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I ran one of these without a single issue for years: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002 ... B003ELVLKU
Only upgraded because I wanted wireless. Walmart usually carries that exact keyboard, and I'm sure Bestbuy does as well. The retail stores would probably be selling it for something more like $30, but it's still pretty affordable.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'm pretty sure my brother uses a keyboard like that. Unfortunately if I want to play CS I'm not going to be able to be comfortable with a $15 keyboard, or else I'd just run that :lol:
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Don't ever link that again.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Jay

Post by Jay »

Ddavis wrote:unnecessary words.
possibly reached the life cycle of your keyboard Devin?