Mass Shooting in Las Vegas

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Mass Shooting in Las Vegas

Post by Haberfield24 »

My point is that with guns so easily accessible people can make choices out of anger in a split second. I know i'm going off topic and it's not necessarily the case with this tragedy. I also understand what you're saying, a psychopath is a psychopath they'll get it done one way or another. But i was talking about gun crimes in general, I seem to see more gang life in the US with teenagers easily being deluded into committing gun crimes etc.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Haberfield24 wrote:My point is that with guns so easily accessible people can make choices out of anger in a split second. I know i'm going off topic and it's not necessarily the case with this tragedy. I also understand what you're saying, a psychopath is a psychopath they'll get it done one way or another. But i was talking about gun crimes in general, I seem to see more gang life in the US with teenagers easily being deluded into committing gun crimes etc.
The real issue is mental health. Yes guns do make it easier, but if the person is really disturbed they will find another way. I used to watch the Forensic Files on HLN; some of the stories of the murders and what people did were so disturbing.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

AJC396 wrote: Really man? C'mon. If you're going to get upset over what I said then try my example. Put the pen down on the paper and tell it to write, let me know how it goes.
When a 64 year old man kill 50+ people and injures 500+ from 500+ yards away in 15 minutes with a knife I will absolutely call for knife regulation. Until then you've made the worlds stupidest point. We know the man did it, but the tool made it far more effective than it ever should have been. Putting more guns out there did not solve any issue, it only gave him more.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

And a guy with a truck killed over 80 people in France...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

Why do we only hear calls for gun control after one of these mass shootings that almost always affect middle class people? The majority of gun violence in this country takes place in low income neighborhoods. Why don't we try to do something productive about that?

I would also like to point out that we did have a national assault weapons ban between 1994 and 2004, it wasn't continued after it was determined that it had no affect on gun violence.

Once we get more information on the weapons used we can have a look at if some accessories should be outlawed. IMO, bump fire stocks and binary triggers are a grey area that I think is distasteful. I think that is probably what was used and I don't have a problem banning them. With that said, you can do almost the same thing by using your belt loop to help you bump fire although it is a lot harder to aim with the rifle at your hip.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'm aware of the Nice attack. I'm also aware of the Orlando attack, the Sandy Hook attack,the Virgina Tech attack, etc. You are putting public safety behind a hobby. What is the best case scenario gun owner versus the worst? Best case, you own it and keep it in a safe/to a range? Worst case? Why is it that when something like this happens its called for mental health but we actively refuse to increase our medicare budget to assist with that? Why is it that right now Congress is attempting to pass a bill to remove regulations on armour peircing rounds and silencers? Because thats the price of freedom?

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Look up prohibition and it's effectiveness.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Look at tobacco bans and its effectiveness. You could smoke inside and take out ads for it now both are illegal. I won't hear that it's impossible to do something about this.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

Remember the assault weapon ban? High-cap magazine ban? Determined people get what they want when it's time for their plan to go.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

No one is talking about taking your musket away you old fossil, only the young, hip and with it assault weapons.

This dude explains Merica perfectly

TeamHavocRacing

Why is it always some Brit or Aussie yammering about this? I'll put up a Ted Nugent video explaining why everyone should have a full-auto arsenal and explosives without big government nosing around.
m121c

Post by m121c »

James_122 wrote:No one is talking about taking your musket away you old fossil, only the young, hip and with it assault weapons.

This dude explains Merica perfectly
A politicized comedian really doesn’t drive home the point...

What is your version of an assault weapon? The big black rifle scary aggressive looking ones? Legally they can only do what your little hand guns can do (which by statistics would be the most dangerous in the US).

I hope for the citizens of Australia sake, that your government will always conduct itself for the good of the people... not certain types of people, not certain elites/groups, but everyone. Call it ton foil all you want but there is a reason the US is the only country in the world with the natural born right to defends one self/family/property from danger nd tyrannical government... its because fought and WON from a government that did not have its peoples best interest in mind.

If you dont live in the US nor own a gun how could you know the ease of purchasing a firearm here? Its not as simple as going to your local walmart and picking out the AR15 behind a flimsy glass door and walking out. Ask the journalist that almost got charged with a felony last year who tried to show how easy it is to obtain a weapon in the US... she lied on the papers and within 15 minutes was denied.

On the mental health note: How can we have a real discussion on mental health, when 1/2+ of the country doesnt want to except that transgenderism is a mental illiness?

The problem is there is no clear cut line, either you have a the right or you dont. And ultimately, thats what the politics come down to, they dont want restrictions, they want bans. Bans that in my mind will only stop the good legal abiding citizens, but fuel illegal and evil people.

Doesn’t the UK have the highest rate of “hot” burgluries in the world? ( break ins while people are home) maybe if they had the right to defend yourself with a gun they would think twice... I hope that one day that is not the government breaking down the door. We saw that... reulted in one of the deadliest/saddest eras in Human History (Germany).
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

AJC396 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Mikey wrote:Once again, you are a dumb moronic cunt if you genuinely believe the shit you are spewing out.
Grow up. Bludgeoning someone with your opinion won't change them Mikey.

Thank you. Some people can't have a civilized discussion anymore I guess. Not the way to get your point across.
Civilized discussion? Are you joking me, everything you've typed so far is fucking asinine to read and your point of fucking stupid.

So in your perfect society we remove anyone who is depressed, anyone who has serious mental illness and anyone with serious convictions and felonies. Well, that's not all though. How about police who kill unarmed civilians, stupid teenagers who fuck around with one and cause injury by acident, what about the toddlers who get their little hands on one and let rip on their parents.

Congrats AJC, you now have your perfect world where guns are completely safe because noone is left to use them in any harmful way! I want to blow my fucking brains out thinking that someone like you can even vote, oh the irony.

I just don't understand American logic on this issue. Is there no empathy for those who have died or any foresight to see that this is going to happen again?

Americans just love their freedoms and rights and guns more than the lives of those poor dead bodied lying on the ground from said guns... I'm just being facetious and obviously the majority are perfectly cool Americans who would never do such a thing but for the greater good and for protecting your fellow man how could you say no to these things even if it made things 0.01% safer.. how could you say no..:
  • Much much stricter background check
  • Proper firearm training like getting your driver licence
  • A government buy back scheme that's too good to refuse
  • Banning high capacity rifles
  • Perhaps a competent system on tracing firearms to hold individuals accountable (if they can remove a weapon ID)
  • Just an outright gun ban
This is what annoys me the most. More people will die and nothing will happen and the stupid fuckheads will just shift the blame from absolutely everything but the firearms. Good luck old mate killing 50+ a pistol or knife, a real shame that is.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

m121c wrote: I hope for the citizens of Australia sake, that your government will always conduct itself for the good of the people... not certain types of people, not certain elites/groups, but everyone. Call it ton foil all you want but there is a reason the US is the only country in the world with the natural born right to defends one self/family/property from danger nd tyrannical government... its because fought and WON from a government that did not have its peoples best interest in mind.
What the fuck. What period of time do you live in, the 1800s?
m121c wrote: On the mental health note: How can we have a real discussion on mental health, when 1/2+ of the country doesnt want to except that transgenderism is a mental illiness?
"A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability" - Assuming they're comfortable living with who they want to be or identify as, it's not.
m121c wrote: The problem is there is no clear cut line, either you have a the right or you dont. And ultimately, thats what the politics come down to, they dont want restrictions, they want bans. Bans that in my mind will only stop the good legal abiding citizens, but fuel illegal and evil people.
Doesn't American have militarized police, maybe they should start doing their job then. What do you mean fuel? Are all these mass shootings not enough evil.
m121c wrote: Doesn’t the UK have the highest rate of “hot” burgluries in the world? ( break ins while people are home) maybe if they had the right to defend yourself with a gun they would think twice... I hope that one day that is not the government breaking down the door.
Have you traveled outside of the United States? Fuck me that's daft.

I've like you Mason and obviously my views are as an Australian and leftist but Your perception of the world outside of America is embarrassing and terribly ignorant. You're a walking talking right wing nutjob of which the rest of the world laughs at.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

lol @ everyone who thinks their opinions are relevant on this forum.

Merica will keep chuggin along like we have since the beginning.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

What if it was a group of aboriginals that was shot Mikey? Last we spoke you said you thought of them as 2nd rate humans.