Why does my setup and control settings reset every time I close mx simulator?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Kash211
Team: Privateer

Why does my setup and control settings reset every time I close mx simulator?

Post by Kash211 »

Does anyone know why my setup and control settings reset every time I close mx simulator? This happens almost every time I close sim and it is quite frustrating. I have a setup saved to load in every time it happens but the controller settings reset as well. When I open sim I have to reset it up every time. If anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it please let me know thanks.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: Why does my setup and control settings reset every time I close mx simulator?

Post by motokid499 »

is your config file set to "read only"?
Tanner Rogers
Kash211

Re: Why does my setup and control settings reset every time I close mx simulator?

Post by Kash211 »

motokid499 wrote:is your config file set to "read only"?
How would I view my config file exactly?
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

Locate your MX Simulator Personal Folder. It'll be in there, right click it and check properties, make sure it's not set to "read only''.
Tanner Rogers
Kash211

Post by Kash211 »

motokid499 wrote:Locate your MX Simulator Personal Folder. It'll be in there, right click it and check properties, make sure it's not set to "read only''.
It is not set to read only but it still resets
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

Try just deleting the config file and then open mxs. It'll create a new config automatically when you start mxs. The new config should work, let me know.
Tanner Rogers
Kash211

Post by Kash211 »

motokid499 wrote:Try just deleting the config file and then open mxs. It'll create a new config automatically when you start mxs. The new config should work, let me know.
I tried it and it still resets everything.
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

How are you closing the game?
Tanner Rogers
Kash211

Post by Kash211 »

motokid499 wrote:How are you closing the game?
I click quit.
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

Save your personal folder somewhere and reinstall sim. See if the problem still exists BEFORE moving your old data back into your new personal folder.
Tanner Rogers