Movie Recommendations

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis

Re: Movie Recommendations

Post by Ddavis »

The original movie for those youngins:

SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Icarus was entertaining if you are into Documentaries.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I saw 2001 in the theater, so most likely my tastes are like your grandpa's lol. Just going by directors to simplify, I think almost everyone likes Hitchcock, Kubrick, Scorsese, Coppola, Tarantino, Spielberg and Lucas movies right? That covers about 100 movies lol. Blockbuster action guys like Cameron, Bruckhiemer, Bay kinda. Specific arthouse type stuff would be more like Bergman, Capra, Fellini, Ford, Huston, Allen and Welles. Generational stuff would be like Hughes, Linklater, Smith and Anderson. Any Cheech and Chong or National Lampoon movie. Action star vehicles for Lee, Chan, Norris, Stallone, Schwartzenegger and VanDamme. God, I could go on.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I saw 2001 in the theater, so most likely my tastes are like your grandpa's lol. Just going by directors to simplify, I think almost everyone likes Hitchcock, Kubrick, Scorsese, Coppola, Tarantino, Spielberg and Lucas movies right? That covers about 100 movies lol. Blockbuster action guys like Cameron, Bruckhiemer, Bay kinda. Specific arthouse type stuff would be more like Bergman, Capra, Fellini, Ford, Huston, Allen and Welles. Generational stuff would be like Hughes, Linklater, Smith and Anderson. Any Cheech and Chong or National Lampoon movie. Action star vehicles for Lee, Chan, Norris, Stallone, Schwartzenegger and VanDamme. God, I could go on.

im kinda insulted nolan wasnt mentioned, have you not seen the prestige, that twist ending puts shaymalan to shame, and overall I feel like his plot structures are thought out enough to be intersting yet complex which is hard to do nowadays, also the duffer bros really did a great job with capturing that 80's nostalgia vibe. Also the original predator movie was like a gamechanger for me when i was young, it seemed like the perfect balance between action and horror.
however if you dont feel like reading my boring opinion heres some recomendations

Nolan- The Prestige(2005) or The Dark Knight(2008)(also known for having one of the most compelling villians in film history)
John Mctiernan- The Predator(1987)
Personal Recomendation-(Point Break(1990) ft KEANU and GARY MUTHAFKIN BUSEY(and of course Swayzes best role)( VIn Diesel's first action movie is based(entirely) off(the plotline) of this movie)

If your into documentaries and wanna watch something moto related Id reccomend Spectrum(its on vimeo)

If you want to watch a great mystery film watch -Zodiac(2007)(directed by the guy who directed Fight Club and it perfectly shows just how clever the zodiac killer really was)(also has a RDJ, Ruffalo and gyllenhaal)

If you wanna get a taste of the 80's watch "Fast times at Ridgemont High"

A really great horror satire film would definitely be - Cabin in the Woods(Directed by Joss and plays liberally upon every typical horror trope)
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:God, I could go on.
But I didn't. So many missing Matt. I just barely got started when I stopped myself. Mel Brooks, Carl Riener, Rob Riener, Ron Howard...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
John23

Post by John23 »

Just finished "The Visit". Super let down. Slow-paced, and a bad ending. 3/10
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Conor15

Post by Conor15 »

Geostorm, Isnt actually to bad quite a interesting movie.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Watched Wind River last night. What a crazy story. Really good movie, no BS it just got to the point.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

model_90 wrote:im kinda insulted nolan wasnt mentioned, have you not seen the prestige, that twist ending puts shaymalan to shame, and overall I feel like his plot structures are thought out enough to be intersting yet complex which is hard to do nowadays, also the duffer bros really did a great job with capturing that 80's nostalgia vibe. Also the original predator movie was like a gamechanger for me when i was young, it seemed like the perfect balance between action and horror.
however if you dont feel like reading my boring opinion heres some recomendations

Nolan- The Prestige(2005) or The Dark Knight(2008)(also known for having one of the most compelling villians in film history)
John Mctiernan- The Predator(1987)
Personal Recomendation-(Point Break(1990) ft KEANU and GARY MUTHAFKIN BUSEY(and of course Swayzes best role)( VIn Diesel's first action movie is based(entirely) off(the plotline) of this movie)
Pumaxcs wrote:I like Christopher Nolan movies, or plot lines that you can't see coming. Not all of these follow that but I don't generally watch just "raw action" things. In no particular order.

The Prestige (except this one, by far my number 1 favorite movie)
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.