Lectron Carb IRL

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Lectron Carb IRL

Post by Finalmushroom »

Have any of you guys installed and have had experience with this carb?

I'm thinking about ordering one but for $500 USD out the door it's pretty pricey.
I love working on bikes but jetting is one thing that I absolutely hate to play with. It can change day to day and even from morning to afternoon.

What are some thoughts and opinions!?

I've heard nothing but great things about this carb .

-Jake
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Re: Lectron Carb IRL

Post by Andy_Hack »

I saw that carb on Carson Brown's KX125 for the first time, which made me curious what it was and how it works. From everything i read about it and how it works, I think it's definitely pricey, but it's just a great addition to a especially a 125 two stroke. The idea behind it is very interesting nd I was actually asking myself, why no one came up with this earlier.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Andy_Hack wrote:I saw that carb on Carson Brown's KX125 for the first time, which made me curious what it was and how it works. From everything i read about it and how it works, I think it's definitely pricey, but it's just a great addition to a especially a 125 two stroke. The idea behind it is very interesting nd I was actually asking myself, why no one came up with this earlier.
Yeah they are really spendy. But to have your bike run a million times better as well as you;ll save on gas is what most people say.
So over time it could pay for itself just in gas.

I'm going to play with my stock carb more this spring but if it gets to the point like it did this summer I'm ordering an lectron.
That or getting me a damn fuel injected 450. lol.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Have you looked into the Dial A Jet systems that you sort of add on top of a traditional carburetor? They are a lot cheaper and serve a similar purpose to what you might want. I had one on one of my bikes many moons ago and it seemed to help quite a bit.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

KTM57 wrote:Have you looked into the Dial A Jet systems that you sort of add on top of a traditional carburetor? They are a lot cheaper and serve a similar purpose to what you might want. I had one on one of my bikes many moons ago and it seemed to help quite a bit.
I've seen similar applications.
At that point I'd rather dump the carbs gas and just rejet her really quick (I don't mind rejetting so much as my bike running good in the morning and poor in the afternoon). Also, when riding MX tracks I find my jetting to not matter as much other than throttle response. But if it's a bit rubbery I just give her hell and pin it everywhere I can. lol. Trail riding is when it matters more to me. It'll get backed up and I have to find sections to open her up.

I actually did find decent jetting that worked for conditions from 35 degrees up to about 85-90. If it was around 90 she'd be a little too rich.
I really want America to get a TPI KTM 250 SX. :mrgreen:
I'd sell my old Cr for one of those.