Net Neutrality

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MOTOZ293
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx

Net Neutrality

Postby MOTOZ293 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm

So I heard it’s gone.. rip my whole life

sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: Net Neutrality

Postby sethiemeboi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:46 pm

MOTOZ293 wrote:So I heard it’s gone.. rip my whole life

Yeah, such bullshit. I wish i could just shove my foot right up Ajit Pai's ass...

G_Monaay147
Team: Relax Attire

Postby G_Monaay147 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Congress can still overrule it so not quite.

Postby 808 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 pm

G_Monaay147 wrote:Congress can still overrule it so not quite.

yeah but they won't lmfao
PM me for free skinzzzz

MOTOZ293
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx

Postby MOTOZ293 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 pm

G_Monaay147 wrote:Congress can still overrule it so not quite.

But do you really think they will? Bc I have 0 faith

Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Postby Jeremy150 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Congress will overrule it. Calm down everybody.

G_Monaay147
Team: Relax Attire

Postby G_Monaay147 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:23 pm

I think it depends on what the public does but I know there will be a bunch of lawsuits filed against the FCC from what I read so that might have a little more hope in it.

LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Postby LKR47 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Why should they care?

Anyway, hopefully they come to their senses. This only hinders everything from creativity, collaboration, innovation, communication etc. Basically everything we rely on every minute of the day. Hopefully they see that.

nickuzick

Postby nickuzick » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Meanwhile in Canada

Easter.7
Team: MotoSport.com

Postby Easter.7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm

byrd55621 wrote:i am 13 but i gots $

byrd55621 wrote:Will anybody make a skin for free

sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Postby sethiemeboi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Literally 99% of people were for Net Neutrality but it still ended up happening, honestly nothing we could have done about it, it was going to happen no matter what

Dunivant25

Postby Dunivant25 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:05 pm

sethiemeboi wrote:Literally 99% of people were for Net Neutrality but it still ended up happening, honestly nothing we could have done about it, it was going to happen no matter what

It still has to be passed by congress.. This has happened 2 times before in a different way, and nothing happened. So thats what we are hoping for again.

scheeve3
Team: iGn-esports.com

Postby scheeve3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:15 pm

Jeremy150 wrote:Congress will overrule it. Calm down everybody.

The last time someone told the Americans to calm down they ended up in a Clinton Vs Tump election...
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)

m121c

Postby m121c » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:03 am

sethiemeboi wrote:Literally 99% of people were for Net Neutrality but it still ended up happening, honestly nothing we could have done about it, it was going to happen no matter what

I would say that a good majority of the folks against net neutrality put their thoughts in with their votes instead of RESIST petitions and text messages. 99% would be a huge overstatement.

Although I feel the net neutrality crowd has a valid arguement, I am one that is against it.

Im not for over bearing government regulation where it doesn’t belong, nor do I trust an appointed commitee to make decisions in secret to decide what those regulations are, and what can and can happen with ISPs and content sites.

Its very “anti-monoply” on the surface, but does anyone ask why coperate giants such as Facebook, Google, Apple, etc. are for something that would essentially give the government the means to control them? My guess would be is they have the means in capitol and money to corrupt affectively controlling their compeition via the government.

My distrust for the government is your distrust against corporate America. I view it in that the American people should speak with their money vs. a few selected government cronies.

I think the issue is something that both sides have merit on, I guess it just comes down to fundementals in what you believe. However I feel the discussion has extremely been disingenious and fear mongered to unreasonable level and there needs to be an honest discussion about it. However thats where our politics is at sadly, for both sides of the aisle.

My .2 cents

sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Postby sethiemeboi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:46 am

m121c wrote:

I would say that a good majority of the folks against net neutrality put their thoughts in with their votes instead of RESIST petitions and text messages. 99% would be a huge overstatement.

Although I feel the net neutrality crowd has a valid arguement, I am one that is against it.

Im not for over bearing government regulation where it doesn’t belong, nor do I trust an appointed commitee to make decisions in secret to decide what those regulations are, and what can and can happen with ISPs and content sites.

Its very “anti-monoply” on the surface, but does anyone ask why coperate giants such as Facebook, Google, Apple, etc. are for something that would essentially give the government the means to control them? My guess would be is they have the means in capitol and money to corrupt affectively controlling their compeition via the government.

My distrust for the government is your distrust against corporate America. I view it in that the American people should speak with their money vs. a few selected government cronies.

I think the issue is something that both sides have merit on, I guess it just comes down to fundementals in what you believe. However I feel the discussion has extremely been disingenious and fear mongered to unreasonable level and there needs to be an honest discussion about it. However thats where our politics is at sadly, for both sides of the aisle.

My .2 cents

the only thing net neutrality did was make the internet good lol

Return to “Off Topic”