Net Neutrality

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Net Neutrality

Post by MOTOZ293 »

So I heard it’s gone.. rip my whole life
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by sethiemeboi »

MOTOZ293 wrote:So I heard it’s gone.. rip my whole life
Yeah, such bullshit. I wish i could just shove my foot right up Ajit Pai's ass...
G_Monaay147

Post by G_Monaay147 »

Congress can still overrule it so not quite.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

G_Monaay147 wrote:Congress can still overrule it so not quite.
yeah but they won't lmfao
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

G_Monaay147 wrote:Congress can still overrule it so not quite.
But do you really think they will? Bc I have 0 faith
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Congress will overrule it. Calm down everybody.
G_Monaay147

Post by G_Monaay147 »

I think it depends on what the public does but I know there will be a bunch of lawsuits filed against the FCC from what I read so that might have a little more hope in it.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Why should they care?

Anyway, hopefully they come to their senses. This only hinders everything from creativity, collaboration, innovation, communication etc. Basically everything we rely on every minute of the day. Hopefully they see that.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Meanwhile in Canada
Easter.7
Team: Privateer

Post by Easter.7 »

sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

Literally 99% of people were for Net Neutrality but it still ended up happening, honestly nothing we could have done about it, it was going to happen no matter what
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

sethiemeboi wrote:Literally 99% of people were for Net Neutrality but it still ended up happening, honestly nothing we could have done about it, it was going to happen no matter what
It still has to be passed by congress.. This has happened 2 times before in a different way, and nothing happened. So thats what we are hoping for again.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Jeremy150 wrote:Congress will overrule it. Calm down everybody.
The last time someone told the Americans to calm down they ended up in a Clinton Vs Tump election...
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
m121c

Post by m121c »

sethiemeboi wrote:Literally 99% of people were for Net Neutrality but it still ended up happening, honestly nothing we could have done about it, it was going to happen no matter what
I would say that a good majority of the folks against net neutrality put their thoughts in with their votes instead of RESIST petitions and text messages. 99% would be a huge overstatement.

Although I feel the net neutrality crowd has a valid arguement, I am one that is against it.

Im not for over bearing government regulation where it doesn’t belong, nor do I trust an appointed commitee to make decisions in secret to decide what those regulations are, and what can and can happen with ISPs and content sites.

Its very “anti-monoply” on the surface, but does anyone ask why coperate giants such as Facebook, Google, Apple, etc. are for something that would essentially give the government the means to control them? My guess would be is they have the means in capitol and money to corrupt affectively controlling their compeition via the government.

My distrust for the government is your distrust against corporate America. I view it in that the American people should speak with their money vs. a few selected government cronies.

I think the issue is something that both sides have merit on, I guess it just comes down to fundementals in what you believe. However I feel the discussion has extremely been disingenious and fear mongered to unreasonable level and there needs to be an honest discussion about it. However thats where our politics is at sadly, for both sides of the aisle.

My .2 cents
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

m121c wrote:
I would say that a good majority of the folks against net neutrality put their thoughts in with their votes instead of RESIST petitions and text messages. 99% would be a huge overstatement.

Although I feel the net neutrality crowd has a valid arguement, I am one that is against it.

Im not for over bearing government regulation where it doesn’t belong, nor do I trust an appointed commitee to make decisions in secret to decide what those regulations are, and what can and can happen with ISPs and content sites.

Its very “anti-monoply” on the surface, but does anyone ask why coperate giants such as Facebook, Google, Apple, etc. are for something that would essentially give the government the means to control them? My guess would be is they have the means in capitol and money to corrupt affectively controlling their compeition via the government.

My distrust for the government is your distrust against corporate America. I view it in that the American people should speak with their money vs. a few selected government cronies.

I think the issue is something that both sides have merit on, I guess it just comes down to fundementals in what you believe. However I feel the discussion has extremely been disingenious and fear mongered to unreasonable level and there needs to be an honest discussion about it. However thats where our politics is at sadly, for both sides of the aisle.

My .2 cents
the only thing net neutrality did was make the internet good lol