2018 SX discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: 2018 SX discussion

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I'd be pumped on him keeping the same number and team for more than a year and a half? No guarantees on results.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I'd be pumped on him keeping the same number and team for more than a year and a half? No guarantees on results.
i was referring to you being pumped on seeing him ride even more this year
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
TeamHavocRacing

That's true. He's always said he thought he was better on 450's anyway.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Rush »

jlv wrote:114 was MXSer Brandon Hartranft. Finished top ten but was docked down to 19th for that cut.
Hey where did you see this at? I haven’t seen anything about this since you said it.
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
TeamHavocRacing

On Pulp MX they said that during the first turn pile up he got off track all of the way into another lane and rejoined in 5th Place and finished in 8th place or so. He appeared to try and let people by when he was rejoining, but he didn't wait long enough to rejoin and had an unfair advantage when he got back on track.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Rush »

So he did get docked?
TeamHavocRacing

Here's Racer X's article. It's item #4 that mentions Hartnraft.
http://racerxonline.com/2018/02/19/250- ... -arlington
CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha rookie Brandon Hartranft was docked 11 positions for cutting the track after the first turn pile-up in the main.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Rush »

:( I honestly feel like there was nowhere he could go. But docking him 11 positions seems a little to much to me. I feel like 3-4 would of been enough. What do you think havoc?
TeamHavocRacing

I first learned of it when jlv posted, then heard on Pulp what happened. When you get forced off there's not much you can do. I think that in the heat of the moment you have to have situational awareness and do all you can to keep track of how/where/when to rejoin, no matter how pissed you are, just like in rF or EMF racing. They talked on Pulp about other blatant cuts in the past that went unpunished. It was certainly a wild night that produced lots of footage to review.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Rush wrote:
jlv wrote:114 was MXSer Brandon Hartranft. Finished top ten but was docked down to 19th for that cut.
Hey where did you see this at? I haven’t seen anything about this since you said it.
There was a thread on Vital. I thought he had a top ten in the books so I was a little disappointed.
Rush wrote::( I honestly feel like there was nowhere he could go. But docking him 11 positions seems a little to much to me. I feel like 3-4 would of been enough. What do you think havoc?
It's definitely inconsistent. I don't think they would have done the same thing to a top rider. But I'd say what they did in this case was correct. When they let a top rider get away with going full throttle down the side of the track with no penalty that's where they're wrong.

Look at what happens when Hannah goes off track at 3:40 in this video. I'd prefer that to just letting it go like they do now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Mike Alessi is far better talking than Emig! Switch them!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Son of a bitch, East Coast. I forgot fantasy again...
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

A net actually got used!
TeamHavocRacing

Hmmmm. Interesting.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Wahlamt wrote:Mike Alessi is far better talking than Emig! Switch them!
Did you call Ken "Alessi"? That's huge disrespect.

Huge bummer for Cole. I could feel his pain in that one didn't look fun.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.