Progressive metal

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
kawasaki22db
Team: Privateer

Progressive metal

Post by kawasaki22db »

Any other progressive metal/metalcore fans in here? If so post some of your favorite bands I'm always down to hear some new ones. My favorites are Periphery, ERRA, and Volumes. I also enjoy Chon, Animals as Leaders, and Intervals (all more of a clean progressivy) style.
I like dirt bikes and dirt bike accessories
SMR 510RR

Re: Progressive metal

Post by SMR 510RR »

I am old as hell so I am not up to date on all the new cool stuff. I was really into hardcore, that later turned into a ton of different genres, back in the day. Here is a playlist with some of my favorites. Let me know if you like any of it!

https://open.spotify.com/user/bikerstew ... JNZ1q1RV2R
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Is black/death metal relevant in this topic? 8)

Got a playlist where I've plowed through some songs from a lot of different artists (thanks spotify related artists) where I kept the ones I liked. It's metalcore and "close enough" styles. The metalcore songs that has made it into my "everything daily music" list are from the bands:

We came as romans
Parkway Drive
Memphis May Fire
The Ghost Inside
Crossfaith
While She Sleeps
Architechts
Aim for the sunrise
Adept

Only around 3 songs from each band though. Adept is really cool, at least their first cd... :)
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

Wahlamt wrote:Is black/death metal relevant in this topic? 8)

Got a playlist where I've plowed through some songs from a lot of different artists (thanks spotify related artists) where I kept the ones I liked. It's metalcore and "close enough" styles. The metalcore songs that has made it into my "everything daily music" list are from the bands:

Only around 3 songs from each band though. Adept is really cool, at least their first cd... :)
I rarely enjoy Metalcore, but Adept and Attack Attack! had quite a few songs that I thoroughly enjoyed and still do.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

CHON is not really metal in any way. I would suggest looking up math rock based on your favorites.

Would you guys like to have an argument? Because metalcore is a punk genre and not metal.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Then is it not called punkcore? :lol:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

yzmxer608 wrote:Then is it not called punkcore? :lol:
Nah punkcore is really just a hybrid of the synthwave/metal genres.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

issues
a day to remember
we came as romans
woe is, me
i prevail
chunk! no, captain chunk!
just some of the few i listen to these days
kawasaki22db

Post by kawasaki22db »

KTM57 I agree Chon really isnt metal but I just looped them in because theyre awesome lol. I have actually heard of alot of the other bands you guys have mentioned. My all time favorite bands are probably Avenged Sevenfold, A Day to Remember, Breaking Benjamin, Erra, Periphery, and theres so many more I could go on for days lol.
kawasaki22db

Post by kawasaki22db »

SMR 510RR wrote:I am old as hell so I am not up to date on all the new cool stuff. I was really into hardcore, that later turned into a ton of different genres, back in the day. Here is a playlist with some of my favorites. Let me know if you like any of it!

I love that playlist name, I actually have grown up listening to alot of those bands!
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

kawasaki22db wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:I am old as hell so I am not up to date on all the new cool stuff. I was really into hardcore, that later turned into a ton of different genres, back in the day. Here is a playlist with some of my favorites. Let me know if you like any of it!

I love that playlist name, I actually have grown up listening to alot of those bands!
Figured you may have heard of them before. Those were the good old days before all these festivals and stadium/amphitheater shows. I saw most of those bands live in a tiny club that fit a few hundred people max. All the clubs ended up getting shut down eventually, haven't been to a show in years.
rmzracer92

Post by rmzracer92 »

SKlein wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Is black/death metal relevant in this topic? 8)

I rarely enjoy Metalcore, but Adept and Attack Attack! had quite a few songs that I thoroughly enjoyed and still do.
Loved Adept for years, but lost touch with their music since the latest album they dropped, so weird to see others who listen to them on here because they have a kinda small following :lol: pretty cool tho!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

What does that even mean?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Bro, this guy has liked August's graphics company named Adept for a bunch of years, and is super pumped (almost Dungeyesque) about others who have also listened to him, just until his last couple graphics sets which aren't as gnar dude.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

No new genre of metal will ever create a song half as good as most classic metal tunes from Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, Slayer, etc.

It's unfortunate really.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol: