Any OGs still around?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Re: Any OGs still around?

Post by 02RR02 »

Halvorson wrote:Yeah definitely the 2010 one. I remember this old youtube video of a bunch of people in Xfire riding supercross I think it was 2010? Can't find the video but it might have been by sween? I thought it was hilarious I just remember the video ending with Jones yelling "I gotta take a shit".
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

That would be it :lol:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

We did it!
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:This thread makes me happy.

That it all. :D
Makes me feel like I’m back in 2009 8)
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That .wmv extenstion :) 8) Got .flv while we're on the subject of old times? 8)
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

10 years on and I now work day in and day out with vehicle physics and simulator development...and I still struggle to complete a clean lap of Ekswanbee!

Oh and because y'all probably don't remember me, throwback to the first custom skin on the forum: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

cpt_Slow wrote:10 years on and I now work day in and day out with vehicle physics and simulator development...and I still struggle to complete a clean lap of Ekswanbee!

Oh and because y'all probably don't remember me, throwback to the first custom skin on the forum: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24
Ooh! What kind of stuff are you working on? I graduated last November and now work full time on physics simulations, albeit it's not vehicles but industrial machinery.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

That's cool, I imagine you do a lot of multi-body systems modelling? That's probably not too dissimilar to some of the stuff that I've worked on.

I can't really be that specific but I basically work on developing new virtual methods for a major car maker.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Yeah, real-time multibody dynamics, mostly rigid bodies but sometimes also soft/deformable bodies. We usually hook up dynamic hydraulics and powertrain models into the simulation and control the model with PLCs used in the actual machines.
My Master's combined penetration contacts with a dynamic friction model and sort of a FEM fracture mechanics model. The whole model's hot loop had to run close to real-time which was tricky to achieve to say the least.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
kurtmx

Post by kurtmx »

I miss the good ol days of sim :roll:
2017 Australian Mx Nationals MX1 - 3rd
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

02RR02 wrote:
Halvorson wrote:Yeah definitely the 2010 one. I remember this old youtube video of a bunch of people in Xfire riding supercross I think it was 2010? Can't find the video but it might have been by sween? I thought it was hilarious I just remember the video ending with Jones yelling "I gotta take a shit".
Wow Jones commentary is pure gold! I remember being both hated and loved by him depending on his mood :lol:
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

frederick wrote: I remember being both hated and loved by him depending on his mood :lol:
My very first post brought the hate from him. My only ban was from posting a PS'd pic of Jones getting t-bagged. He got the best of me, but that...was a long time ago.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

We were all young back then, except for you. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Reading all this makes me wish I could have been around these parts back then
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

808 wrote:Reading all this makes me wish I could have been around these parts back then
We ain't got the good stuff no more...