Any OGs still around?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Re: Any OGs still around?

Post by 02RR02 »

The good old days where when:
- You had to tryhard on doing a 10 lap demo without falling in a demo race
- Pumaxcs was posting a lot and making tracks
- Pre riderlean days
- Skins weren't in saf files
Ddavis wrote:
Don't say it says "Sweden" next to my name :twisted:
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

The pre rider lean days were pretty cool! Demo splicing and demo series were always a blast!

I do miss the good 'ol days haha but I am sure thats just me getting older.

I also miss how close the community used to be.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

Crazy to think that I have been playing this for over 10 years. I don't get to play much anymore but i fire it up every 3 or 4 months and play a few days a week for a while. Can usually shake the rust off in about an hour and it is always just as fun as it used to be. Like others have mentioned online isn't nearly as much fun as it once was. Too spread out, but can usually find a decent server by refreshing the server page frequently.

Demo racing was a blast as were the first couple years of the SX series even though I never made a main lol.

Even crazier is the fact that i'm still on the same asus g51vx laptop from 2007. Just replaced the graphics card after it finally gave up and slapped in a SSD lol. Good as new.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

02RR02 wrote:The good old days where when:
- Pre riderlean days
- Skins weren't in saf files

Don't say it says "Sweden" next to my name :twisted:
Even I don't think that was something to think fondly of :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Pumaxcs wrote:
Even I don't think that was something to think fondly of :lol:
Love 2 go back n read all tha oldschool Puma gangsta' posts! :lol:
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

- Pre riderlean days
yeeeah, demo races where the shit! hahaha
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I wonder if Luiz, FactoryBR, Goardy, Yahama, Cobra and others still view the forums. I would think not many people would know who these guys are now.

Cobra and Mittocs were the gods during the pre riderlean era. I think Joe was the first person to really do media for MXS related stuff. DJ and DDMX were absolute workhorses for content, MXS would be back in 2010 without them! A 10 man gate during the first track top was considered epic back then.

I still miss the Xfire days. Non stop track comps and everyone seemed to know and raced everybody, Fun times.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Crazy that at a certain point, that these skins/models + demo racing was the absolute shit!

My photography work
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

I think my original UID is 261 lol but that email is long gone :( I do still have the disc somewhere. Maybe I should put it in a little frame or something
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Mikey wrote:I wonder if Luiz, FactoryBR, Goardy, Yahama, Cobra and others still view the forums. I would think not many people would know who these guys are now.

Cobra and Mittocs were the gods during the pre riderlean era. I think Joe was the first person to really do media for MXS related stuff. DJ and DDMX were absolute workhorses for content, MXS would be back in 2010 without them! A 10 man gate during the first track top was considered epic back then.

I still miss the Xfire days. Non stop track comps and everyone seemed to know and raced everybody, Fun times.
I had a ton of fun going back on forth on advice and feedback about tracks with FactoryBR. Dude could build some awesome tracks!
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
kevin131mx
Team: Privateer

Post by kevin131mx »

I never released any content so I wouldn't consider myself an "OG", but I have been playing the game religiously since '09. The demo racing days were such simpler times. Ah, nostalgia...

I hardly ever log on to the forums but check them every so often for track releases. Consider this my bi-annual post :wink:
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Mikey wrote:I wonder if Luiz, FactoryBR, Goardy, Yahama, Cobra and others still view the forums. I would think not many people would know who these guys are now.

I went and found all of the 30 minute track comp tracks when I was taking stuff out of my install folder to make the game start faster.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

You wouldn't want to upload those tracks? :lol: I'm especially interested in "448RussianValley" and "Fuckyouguys.speciallykyle" :lol:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Shadow wrote:

I had a ton of fun going back on forth on advice and feedback about tracks with FactoryBR. Dude could build some awesome tracks!
Yup he was great. He made some awesome tracks too and always helped others with work.
My photography work
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

yzmxer608 wrote: I went and found all of the 30 minute track comp tracks when I was taking stuff out of my install folder to make the game start faster.
ImageImage
Faaaaaarrrkk, those were the times. The Get High series from Shack was tops